2021 BMW 116i

bpphua

Twincharged
On 6/23/2023 at 12:26 AM, Dannnn said:

bro you sure u managed to add in extra 15L after auto stopped?

if you really did so, did you spent extra 1hour at the pump doing it?

Most likely is 1.5 Litres..same as my F22.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
On 6/19/2023 at 2:38 PM, Kar_lover said:

I think he means go JB to pump petrol. At the current SGD:MYR, it is basically $1 for 1L of RON97.

I have a 118i (2020). During Jun holidays i am doing slighly over 13km/l. During normal time about mid 12+.

I did a test once when i pump in JB and i pumped until the brim. From the time the pump auto-stopped until the brim, i managed to squeeze in another 15L (did not include shaking the car lol). Your 30L from half tank is likely to be partially beyond the official "full tank".

U may have damaged your charcoal filter. Never try to over fill

Edited by Sdf4786k

(edited)
On 6/23/2023 at 12:26 AM, Dannnn said:

bro you sure u managed to add in extra 15L after auto stopped?

if you really did so, did you spent extra 1hour at the pump doing it?

Yep definitely. I go in 3/4 tank still can fill 28L+. Haha, not so long la, maybe 15 mins. The petrol station i go (Caltex near KSL), the pump is very good. U press just enough to have a slow stream then the petrol level will continue to go down while u're streaming in the petrol. But i don't go so far as to shake the car or fill up jerry cans lol. 

Edited by Kar_lover

On 6/26/2023 at 8:10 AM, Sdf4786k said:

U may have damaged your charcoal filter. Never try to over fill

Hmmm, been doing it for all my cars in the past and never had any issue. But this is the first car that can pump so much more after autostop. Usually is like 6 to 8L then brim already. 

• Haha! 1

On 6/26/2023 at 8:16 AM, Kar_lover said:

Hmmm, been doing it for all my cars in the past and never had any issue. But this is the first car that can pump so much more after autostop. Usually is like 6 to 8L then brim already. 

Take a while n u will get check engine lights 

Twincharged
On 6/27/2023 at 11:39 AM, Sdf4786k said:

Take a while n u will get check engine lights 

Your BMW kena before.?

(edited)

@Kar_lover ah I see haha

My low FC is probably due to my route pattern as well (80 small roads : 20 express way), even the 20 is on CTE during peak hours.

Been getting about 12km/L recently so still not too bad. Plus I turn off the Start-Stop most of the time at it is a little annoying (It kicks in too often at unnecessary points e.g. going through carpark gantry)

But yeah I usually pump full at half tank and it's usually 30+ L even with the auto stop since I doubt the attendant tries to pump more after the auto click (maybe I should pump myself next time to see).

Edited by Weenemone

Twincharged
On 7/4/2023 at 9:31 PM, Weenemone said:

@Vegas I drive at comfort 99% of the time haha

It's a nice compact hatch to drive but Tbh there is barely any "performance" to speak of...

its considered the Ultimate driving machine.

Not the usual driving machine ... but your honesty is quite appreciated....LOL👍 

@Sdf4786k 

On 7/5/2023 at 11:36 AM, Sdf4786k said:

If you drive a M3 sure, a 116i hmmmm

On 7/5/2023 at 11:36 AM, Sdf4786k said:

On 7/5/2023 at 1:02 PM, Weenemone said:

@Sdf4786k 

If you drive a M3 sure, a 116i hmmmm

That’s why no more UDM or Sheer Driving Pleasure.

😜

• Haha! 1

Supercharged

It's a nice compact hatch to drive but Tbh there is barely any "performance" to speak of...

I drive ECO most of the time with 70% highway and i schedule myself to avoid the peak traffic as far as i can. I am perfectly fine with ECO. In fact Comfort is sometimes a bit too "jumpy" for me - i only use it if i forsee i need a bit more acceleration 

On 7/5/2023 at 2:36 PM, Kar_lover said:

I drive ECO most of the time with 70% highway and i schedule myself to avoid the peak traffic as far as i can. I am perfectly fine with ECO. In fact Comfort is sometimes a bit too "jumpy" for me - i only use it if i forsee i need a bit more acceleration 

70% highway on eco is not too bad, Eco can just be a little underpowered at traffic lights where the pickup is incredibly slow

I'm 99% on Comfort with the occasional sports if I need to make some fast lane changes or overtake

Twincharged

Next time i see a 116i Road Hog,i know is you.😆

• Haha! 1

Finally decided to plunk on a 116i after some tempting offer from my ad... ot become discount. Etc etc.

2yrs after considering this for my wife... 2 yrs late as coe hmm. But fxxx it..

• Praise 1

Congrats!

Enjoy the lovely ride during the warranty period!

Make friends with my favourite mechanic at Woodlands.

He is literally a wallet saver 🥳

Helped me save 20 times less for a tail light issue compared to PML

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, I’m new to 116i, own it for only 14 days. It is definitely better than my old Mazda 3 in term of pick up and Road noise isolation. But the sound system Mazda is better. FC for 116i only at 8.9 km/L… 😒 Mazda can get 12km/L… 116i start/stop also very sensitive… 

Is there any 1 series WhatsApp chat group..?

↡ Advertisement