2021 Hyundai Ioniq 5 EV

Classic900

EEAI is net-net $10k only, if you have confidence that COE will drop more than $10k next year (or next next year) then no real need to rush for it this year.

• Praise 1

On 8/15/2023 at 5:33 PM, shuigao said:

EEAI is net-net $10k only, if you have confidence that COE will drop more than $10k next year (or next next year) then no real need to rush for it this year.

Rather than 10k, it is likely to be negative.

On 8/15/2023 at 6:04 PM, inlinesix said:

Rather than 10k, it is likely to be negative.

What do you mean negative? You're expecting the COE to stay high despite the larger supply? Due to pent up demand? That's my reading as well... so I think I will just renew the COE for my Sonata... poor man... can't afford $200K+ on a new car... pretty mad prices now... EV or otherwise...

On 8/16/2023 at 7:56 AM, teomingern said:

What do you mean negative? You're expecting the COE to stay high despite the larger supply? Due to pent up demand? That's my reading as well... so I think I will just renew the COE for my Sonata... poor man... can't afford $200K+ on a new car... pretty mad prices now... EV or otherwise...

A lot of times, EEAI got eaten up via Dealer margin.

Only Tesla get to see EEAI.

Poor man is no car 🀭

Edited by inlinesix
  • Angry 1
  • Haha! 3

On 8/16/2023 at 7:56 AM, teomingern said:

based on current CAT B price, it is already $126K i think it might not economical sense to renew COE. I think can get a EV not need to be $200K. I think BYD atto 3 can be a good choice. unless you are like me don't really like that design and lack of some bell and whistle. Nothing wrong with MIC car. There are good MIC product in the market.

Edited by Kennethoka

On 8/16/2023 at 8:24 AM, inlinesix said:

A lot of times, EEAI got eaten up via Dealer margin.

Only Tesla get to see EEAI.

Poor man is no car 🀭

If you intend to sell your car half way and car price maintain high for the next few year. I don't think PARF is very important.

• Praise 1

On 8/14/2023 at 9:19 PM, Blowndiffuser said:

Oh sorry I missed out the 'direct from Hyundai' part. What I quoted is from Komoco. Not sure if the solar film and dashcam will be provided if bought direct from Hyundai, though I think charging cable should be.

AH realised I bought from Komoco as well. does the dashcam have parking mode?

Β 

Thanks for the info!

Twincharged
On 8/16/2023 at 10:39 AM, Kennethoka said:

based on current CAT B price, it is already $126K i think it might not economical sense to renew COE. I think can get a EV not need to be $200K. I think BYD atto 3 can be a good choice. unless you are like me don't really like that design and lack of some bell and whistle. Nothing wrong with MIC car. There are good MIC product in the market.

Why not? I’ll renew and then scrap when coe is lower. Assuming the parf isn’t too high.Β 
beats buying a used car to tide over.Β 

On 8/18/2023 at 6:26 PM, lazyrotter said:

AH realised I bought from Komoco as well. does the dashcam have parking mode?

Thanks for the info!

They will transfer your vehicle sales agreement to HMG (but komoco is the one who will still do the delivery/handover). Dashcam from kmc isn’t set up for parking mode by default but you can wire it yourself via tinkering with the fuses or pay someone else to do it. Quicker to get the more tinkering owners guidance.

@lazyrotter usually they won't enable the parking mode because that will drain your 12VDC battery and might have the chance to drain the battery if you don't drive for long for example you go oversea. As they need to give you 1 year warranty so they won't want to take the risk as you might go back to them to claim the battery faulty.

Edited by Kennethoka

@KennethokaΒ hmm yeah i did read about the potential battery issues. My family car has an identical setup with parking mode and is an ev as well and has been without problem. I'm considering hooking it up to a battery, either the expensive dashcam ones or a powerbank with 5v to 12v step up converter

@lazyrotter I see. you must be technical enough to do that. if you using the powerbank you need to find a source to charge your powerbank too. Using interior VTL? As for the 5v to 12v step up, you need to have a good circuit if not it will over heat the voltage regulator and might have the risk to burn the chip. I did burn a lot of voltage regulator during my poly time.

Edited by Kennethoka

@KennethokaΒ yup using powerbank with step up and charging with v2l. Alternatively ive seen that the default dashcam installation already uses fuse taps instead of cig power so it might just be simpler to swap the tap to another fuse that is always on, and do battery management using the dashcam's in built settings to minimise usage/load.

↑ Advertisement