2021 Hyundai Ioniq 5 EV

Classic900

@teomingernΒ You ask me i also can't say what goes on during MCST AGM meetings.

But its up to the residents to vote for it.

If residentsΒ vote it down, each and every residentΒ have their own reasons.

As you say, some residents will not want to reserve lots for EVs only for charging. Makes sense.

Some residents may want Tesla Supercharger. They may not want Charge+.

Some residents will question if the MCST can take commission from the charging earnings. Charge+ answer is probably no (equipment/maintenanceΒ already free, what you want).Β 

There are more and more condos now with Charge+ already. Its growing.

Edited by hansmith
  • Praise 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avi9iBC8opU

Β 

Just want to put out here for viewing and consideration.Β  if the US planners have not been able to set a robust plan and answer to simple numerical forecasts being questioned , what more our little state where no one questions the planners before being called out?Β  in above video, John Massie asks some simple questions on EV adoption vs supoorting the charging capabilities on the power grid.Β  if such queries cannto be answered, the planned adoption target set out by Biden may be unachievable.Β Β Β 

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Freeder said:

Recently rented this car for 5 days in Jeju.

One word.. Smooth and shiok to drive unlike Tesla..

Spacious and comfy ride with nice expansive view for driver.

Leg rooms areΒ very impressive and everything was great for me except the rimsπŸ˜‚.

Will definitely consider this as my first foray into EV car..

7215AF8A-03B1-406F-AF67-ED407DB62088.jpeg

87B6BA1E-E1A5-4A2C-BBA9-1FD5159577E3.jpeg

81FE90AC-EE01-4722-BD60-2E412DA5F3C2.jpeg

I wish that there is darker-theme colour option for the dash panel. The white and light-colour surface is too glaring to the eyes in harsh sunlight conditions; and makes the display panels look comparatively dimmer.

Other than the above,Β  I like its knobs and stalks placement.

40 minutes ago, teomingern said:

I suppose a 2.0 L NA would be a good comparison?

Must be like for like in terms of hp.Β  That affect road tax and consumption

Β 

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Unless your mileage is like carbon82, there will not be much saving as compared ICE.

That'sΒ road tax + electric cost.

Yes,Β it’s quite rare that we can find drivers who goes above 20K per year.Β 

But again if one go above 20K and really wantΒ savings, Hybrid is the way to go for now. But of course Jap and Korean hybrids got no supercar straight line performance.Β 

I still think if we were to take away EV’sΒ straight line performance, many people will really struggle to find a reason to buy it, at least based on our pricing structure now.

• Praise 1

40 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Must be like for like in terms of hp.Β  That affect road tax and consumption

Β 

Hmm... that would unnecessarily skew the calculation in favour of the electric car, no? After all the Ioniq 5 is not considered a luxury car even though it may produce power in that category by virtue of it's propulsion mechanism?

38 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Yes,Β it’s quite rare that we can find drivers who goes above 20K per year.Β 

But again if one go above 20K and really wantΒ savings, Hybrid is the way to go for now. But of course Jap and Korean hybrids got no supercar straight line performance.Β 

I still think if we were to take away EV’sΒ straight line performance, many people will really struggle to find a reason to buy it, at least based on our pricing structure now.

Definitely man... want to be car lite but also want to promote electric cars... a bit schizophrenic?

7 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Hmm... that would unnecessarily skew the calculation in favour of the electric car, no? After all the Ioniq 5 is not considered a luxury car even though it may produce power in that category by virtue of it's propulsion mechanism?

Ioniq 5 RWD vs Toyota Camry (non-hybrid)

Both about the same HP

• Praise 2

6 hours ago, teomingern said:

Aiyoh... Tesla can test drive one meh? Ha ha... I not so free and don't intend to buy one... so thought I'll ask you...

Just go to Millenia Walk and ask for a test drive if u want to..

They are not those chao ah beng shop and they will ask you consider carefully before buying..

Pls request for the chiobu there as the feel and drive will be a lot of diff..

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

23 hours ago, teomingern said:

Hopefully the intend is High paying job for Singapore citizen to redeem the sins of our educational system that does not cater to this growth area

• Haha! 1

16 hours ago, teomingern said:

That’s the new reality for cars. Like SSD vs HDD.

• Praise 1

Wondering how Hyundai is going to respond to Tesla’s price cut (20% on Model Y) across the board on their vehicles?Β https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/tesla-cuts-prices-electric-vehicles-us-market-2023-01-13/

Tesla has started the price war and there’s going to be casualties on some car manufacturers.

Good for consumers.

• Praise 2

On 1/27/2023 at 11:43 AM, Rickster said:

Ya, the govt is trying to balance the cost of rolling out the charging infra together with EV adoption. In short, whatever they say, I think they just do not want to run at a large budget deficit. Whatever the money that gets put into the infra, they want a return thru taxes and and what not.

That said, it’s only a matter of time and if the govt really wants to do it and put in the investment, I’m sure within the next 5 years, 50% of cars sold will be EVs.

I seriously doubt in 5years, half of all cars sold are EV. If 30% very very good already.Β 

↑ Advertisement
  • Praise 1