Women sue PUB $5 million dollars for a manhole fall

Yewheng

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/pubs-lawyer-contrasts-womans-active-carousell-account-against-her-claim-to-be

This sueing remind me of many cases of fall in America and these people sue big companies like McDonald and etc and was successful. We should not allow that to happen. Hope judge to reject outright and also make her pay the legal fees too.

We should not follow America path and instead make this women learnt her lesson that she will not exploit the system and extort money due to thinking, yes now its a time for me to strike rich, government got money, so can sue huge amount of money. If this women win the lawsuit, I bet in future there will have more cases coming in, maybe the fall will be less severe like slip and fall in wet surface in McDonald's and wanted to sue for millions of dollars. If that's the path singapore is going. Gg man. 

This below is one example in America. 

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Yewheng said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/pubs-lawyer-contrasts-womans-active-carousell-account-against-her-claim-to-be

This sueing remind me of many cases of fall in America and these people sue big companies like McDonald and etc and was successful. We should not allow that to happen. Hope judge to reject outright and also make her pay the legal fees too.

We should not follow America path and instead make this women learnt her lesson that she will not exploit the system and extort money due to thinking, yes now its a time for me to strike rich, government got money, so can sue huge amount of money. If this women win the lawsuit, I bet in future there will have more cases coming in, maybe the fall will be less severe like slip and fall in wet surface in McDonald's and wanted to sue for millions of dollars. If that's the path singapore is going. Gg man. 

This below is one example in America. 

This Case more terrible,the Woman cannot walk after the Incident,the S'pore Case,the Lady still can walk to Court..

9 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

This Case more terrible,the Woman cannot walk after the Incident,the S'pore Case,the Lady still can walk to Court..

Ya lor.. The truth of the matter is that there are people out there like her will be thinking, yes this time strike gold. So sue for huge money ah.. If this case win, surely in future we will see cases like.. A person slipped and fall on the wet floor in say Starbucks and then sue Starbucks for millions? So many cases happened in America. Then what? No need to work for life already and that might led people to take this kind of risk to want to get millions of dollars. 

Edited by Yewheng

Neutral Newbie

It'll be wishful thinking to get money from PUB. Unless is during repair works pub never barricade properly then maybe can

19 minutes ago, Jauss said:

It'll be wishful thinking to get money from PUB. Unless is during repair works pub never barricade properly then maybe can

The problem is she is able to walk, talk and even sell in carousell and meet many people. Her life seems normal but then when come to court, act as if she got phobia meeting people. That is the problem, people will go all sort of ways to want to get millions of dollars thinking that if can win that kind of case, no need work in future and stay at home shake leg already. 

2 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I followed the case, I think there was blame on the pub officers...

I think pub accepts that too. It’s just how much

But we also do want want to set precedent that in future a lot more of such sueing pop up just because these people willing to take risk to injure themselves to sue to get millions of dollars. This might be at the expense of taxpayers money or at the expense of company profit. 

7 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

But we also do want want to set precedent that in future a lot more of such sueing pop up just because these people willing to take risk to injure themselves to sue to get millions of dollars. This might be at the expense of taxpayers money or at the expense of company profit. 

but it should not be zero damages like you suggested. you should really read about the case. PUB did not do a lot of things they are supposed to do. Honestly, it is like the army deaths previously. Just because this one nobody died, does it mean PUB can don't follow safety guidelines??? 

Her injuries is not small either. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Ya lor.. The truth of the matter is that there are people out there like her will be thinking, yes this time strike gold. So sue for huge money ah.. If this case win, surely in future we will see cases like.. A person slipped and fall on the wet floor in say Starbucks and then sue Starbucks for millions? So many cases happened in America. Then what? No need to work for life already and that might led people to take this kind of risk to want to get millions of dollars. 

We can look for gold also.

see how much she get , i gonna watch out for uncover man hole, and walk right over it.

then i can retire happily😁

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Beregond said:

We can look for gold also.

see how much she get , i gonna watch out for uncover man hole, and walk right over it.

then i can retire happily😁

You might get paralyzed. Worth it?

• Praise 1

PUB lawyers: Woman's active Carousell account disproves her claim of fearing strangers after manhole fall

SINGAPORE - The woman who is suing PUB for $5 million after she fell into a manhole five years ago was confronted in court on Wednesday (Nov 25) with her highly rated Carousell account, which has garnered 194 reviews over the past three years and seven months.

Her account on the online shopping platform listed a variety of items, including essential oils, potted plants, a Scrabble set, a mattress, a pink bikini and even a Punggol flat for rent.

Lawyers for PUB's insurers pointed out that Madam Chan Hui Peng, 47, had met numerous buyers who left her positive reviews, despite her claims that the accident caused her to become wary of strangers and hesitant about going out to meet new people.

was she using hp when she fell into the manhole ? 

yq-chp-25112020.jpg

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Kopites said:

You might get paralyzed. Worth it?

5m? i hiong . 

dun need 5, 3m enough😊

Edited by Beregond

4 minutes ago, Blueray said:

PUB lawyers: Woman's active Carousell account disproves her claim of fearing strangers after manhole fall

was she using hp when she fell into the manhole ? 

yq-chp-25112020.jpg

Imo disregards whether she was looking at her handphone or at somewhere(someone) else there must  be certain level of safety sop in place when come to all site work.

Traffic marshall/signage/site brightness etc ..all must be in place. No one are even suppose to cross over the marked boundary.

Same go when we knock down someone glued to their phone we driver are partly liable too.

2 cents.

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Imo disregards whether she was looking at her handphone or at somewhere(someone) else there must  be certain level of safety sop in place when come to all site work.

Traffic marshall/signage/site brightness etc ..all must be in place. No one are even suppose to cross over the marked boundary.

Same go when we knock down someone glued to their phone we driver are partly liable too.

2 cents.

But if you read what is reported. In that 3 years she still selling items in cerosell and even met these people to sell. This is a big red flag. In fact, if authorities want to go deeper, they could start investigating whether she is making a false statement or lying about her phobia of meeting people after the falling into manhole incident. 

The main thing is government got money, so that's the mentally of her maybe. If say met into some shit and this company do not have so much money, do you think she would have sue for 5 millions dollars. No, coz she knew she will not get that much money and thus this company is not worth sueing. 

So this is the part where hopefully it will not set precedent for future cases. If not it will open up a can of worms that people now want to take advantage of. This is no good as end up it is company and or the government agencies that bare the loses. End up these loses need to recoup, so get from where? Higher prices eventually. 

Edited by Yewheng

1 minute ago, Kopites said:

2 cents.

confirm is liable. but cannot be 100% also.

u look another way. if every1 crossing the road with eyes on hp that get knock down by car can claim similar around 5m.

can u imagine what will happen? every 1 will act like siao lang waiting for car to buang them.

we cannot open this can of worm. once this woman case set a precedent, all future case will take this as a guild line. 

• Praise 3

11 minutes ago, Beregond said:

5m? i hiong . 

dun need 5, 3m enough😊

Haha....better not. 

3 million in a wheelchair for the rest of life?

Cannot hmmm hmmm as well. 🤔

No amount of money can buy our mobility. 

You must be joking.

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Kopites said:

2 cents.

these days workers are quite careful, usually there are signs and marshals around work sites. but of course, lapses do happen.

our personal safety is our own responsibility, walk that time open eyes big big. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3