2021 2nd Generation Honda Vezel / HR-V

Carbon82

really beautiful design, would go in to showroom just to see close up. anyone got the full spec & feature list for hybrid & petrol? sgcarmart many fields "unknown". hybrid 4 airbag, petrol 8... does that make any sense? 117bhp only on the petrol...

(edited)

I doubt most would understand japanese language else the Honda Vezel website got tonnes of info.

I tried to screenshot the basic equipment list into jpg as this forum cannot attach pdf files.

Basically the petrol G and most basic hybrid X vriant share the same equipment list:

vezel2022_GX.thumb.jpg.70d1d7e1b96a954c0d277060ba1e56e6.jpg

The hybrid Z variant got alot more features on top of X/G variant: auto tailgate that can auto close when detect key fob leaving, sequential turn signal indicator, side bumper garnish, 18" wheels, blindspot detection, LED active cornering light, leather steering wheel.

vezel2022_Z.thumb.jpg.b0ec53e630a69f39d830a37ecefec453.jpg

The PLAY variant got additional features on top of Z variant: panorama moon roof, wireless handphone charging, veneer painted centre console panel, colourful exteriior panels, dual tone body colour,

vezel2022_PLAY.thumb.jpg.044b65ab12f44336ab5e339ec5939ea9.jpg

There are 3 official maker option of which the Honda Connect think is useless over here. The wireless phone charigng is available for Z variant owners, while the Premium Audio (10 speakers) is available for Z and PLAY variant owners.

https://www.honda.co.jp/VEZEL/common/pdf/vezel_list.pdf

https://www.honda.co.jp/VEZEL/common/pdf/vezel_spec_list.pdf

https://www.honda.co.jp/VEZEL/common/pdf/vezel_equipment_list.pdf

https://www.honda.co.jp/VEZEL/common/pdf/vezel_environment_list.pdf

Edited by Heartlander
added more jap reference
  • Praise 1

Coe up again.. don't think it's gonna come down a lot anytime soon. Just see 2013 to 2018/19. Coe was always in the high range . 

Dun forget the return of 5yrs COE renewals in 2016, all are returning in 2021. There is high numbers of COE renewals in 2016.

Go LTA website and find out the numbers.

• Praise 1

I am also disappointed that the just released Vezel petrol variant has lower power than its predecessor, . But it is clear which  variant Honda is pushing its supporters to buy, which is definitely not the lowest grade variant - petrol G. Its hybrid variants X, Z, PLAY, all have much higher power than the previous gen hybrid, especially the 253Nm of torque from its motor now vs previous 156Nm. This should translate into interesting century sprint timings.

Overall the new Vezels are totally new model, not simply facelift, coming with many many new features. I was floored when i watched a part where a Honda staff showed the care its designers put on the door alone. I have always been peeved by the fact that the door sills of cars always get dirty easily thus if occupants shuffle out from the seats, the thigh or pants will get dirty if the door sills are dirty. But not for this Vezel as the lower part of the doors are made to wrap lower around that part of the metal beside ths seats to protect from dust or water spillage. The aircon blowers in cabin can also select a setting to allow gentle air circulation but not blowing directly at the occupants. If power tailgate feature is available, can program it to auto close when key fob moves away from the car.

For me the model to get is Hybrid Z variant with most features available. If monry no problem, get the PLAY variant. If not willing to spend much money, get the G petrol variant. If able to spend more to get the hybrid X cariant might as well spend abit more to get the Z variant. The gap between the G and X variant can be as wide as $20k or more.

• Praise 1

I just saw this video and I'm very impressed with the functions, form and the potential..

If Honda SG prices it right, doesn't cut out too many features it will sell well.

What I do want to see is 

A more stable ride, less bouncy and more stable around corners and a less tinny feel. 

Very exciting indeed:

• Praise 1

On 6/11/2021 at 4:03 AM, Heartlander said:

I am also disappointed that the just released Vezel petrol variant has lower power than its predecessor, . But it is clear which  variant Honda is pushing its supporters to buy, which is definitely not the lowest grade variant - petrol G. Its hybrid variants X, Z, PLAY, all have much higher power than the previous gen hybrid, especially the 253Nm of torque from its motor now vs previous 156Nm. This should translate into interesting century sprint timings.

Overall the new Vezels are totally new model, not simply facelift, coming with many many new features. I was floored when i watched a part where a Honda staff showed the care its designers put on the door alone. I have always been peeved by the fact that the door sills of cars always get dirty easily thus if occupants shuffle out from the seats, the thigh or pants will get dirty if the door sills are dirty. But not for this Vezel as the lower part of the doors are made to wrap lower around that part of the metal beside ths seats to protect from dust or water spillage. The aircon blowers in cabin can also select a setting to allow gentle air circulation but not blowing directly at the occupants. If power tailgate feature is available, can program it to auto close when key fob moves away from the car.

For me the model to get is Hybrid Z variant with most features available. If monry no problem, get the PLAY variant. If not willing to spend much money, get the G petrol variant. If able to spend more to get the hybrid X cariant might as well spend abit more to get the Z variant. The gap between the G and X variant can be as wide as $20k or more.

where did u see 253Nm from?

this is from PI website selling hybrid version, the torque: 127 Nm

Internal Moderator
15 hours ago, LinkAng said:

from Honda vezel JP

the electric motor drive 253

image.thumb.png.9befd3ea1ffd135f120667b80046ded7.png

Woah. impressive torque.

253 is combined torque from the ICE or must plus the 127nm to get the total figure?

55 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Woah. impressive torque.

253 is combined torque from the ICE or must plus the 127nm to get the total figure?

I believe 253NM will be from the electric motor alone since figures start from 0rpm. 

Anyway for eHEV the ICE hardly drives the wheels. Only when during motorway speeds cruising by engaging a direct clutch. 90% of the time the ICE runs electricity to the motor and also charging the battery.

Function quite like the Nissan ePower but with better efficiency at high speeds. 😁 best of both worlds

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Woah. impressive torque.

To understand the torque impact, must understand how the e:HEV hybrid system in Honda cars work as it is not the conventional hybrid system. The video below explain it all. The system come with 2 motors instead of one, and depend on speed will engage different drive modes seamlessly. The latest Honda Fit with similar system but with slightly smaller output can get sub 8sec century sprint. This car still very new got no data yet.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
34 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

To understand the torque impact, must understand how the e:HEV hybrid system in Honda cars work as it is not the conventional hybrid system. The video below explain it all. The system come with 2 motors instead of one, and depend on speed will engage different drive modes seamlessly. The latest Honda Fit with similar system but with slightly smaller output can get sub 8sec century sprint. This car still very new got no data yet.

I learn smth new today! And mr Yamamoto-san english can be understood! hahahah.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
On 6/10/2021 at 12:31 PM, PaulMeng said:

Dun forget the return of 5yrs COE renewals in 2016, all are returning in 2021. There is high numbers of COE renewals in 2016.

Go LTA website and find out the numbers.

majority would have been scrapped earlier already. doubt very much 2016 cars left.

↡ Advertisement