Billionare prefer Casio

Soya

Internal Moderator

They are not only rich, but they are also elite. They think differently from normal ppl like you and me. They want to simplify their life so that they can use the time to contribute to this world.

They where got time to think about what watch to wear, wind the watch, adjust the date.... They only wear because they wanna look at the time. A simple casio can do the job le.

There is still a difference when you are really rich and you wanna look rich. 🤣

I am neither. hahaha.

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

Luxury items is mostly to cater for human nature lah - buy to experience the shiokness + hao lian own "achievement".

I guess for billionaires their achievements are already renowned around the world so really nothing more to prove to others.

Already reached the summit of Maslow hierarchy of needs.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Mustank said:

Beats any watch hands down

21110B6D-E8F5-4672-A252-442742B6054E.jpeg

We know you like those who wear nothing...watch less and watch-less both also good 

Just cycle ESS for contact enjoyment 

In the early 1990s when I was serving NS, we went Thailand for an exercise and we managed to buy a $20 nice-looking Tag Heuer in the pasar malam.

I think that was one of my best watches.

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

In the early 1990s when I was serving NS, we went Thailand for an exercise and we managed to buy a $20 nice-looking Tag Heuer in the pasar malam.

I think that was one of my best watches.

Therein lies the problem 

Buy expensive branded watch n some may think u buy from pasar malam (hey...even rich elites like Liew ML had fake branded handbags...)

Whereas Casio watch is most likely genuine. Branded oso, in its own way.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

It just means watches are just a tool for them and not a hobby/passion. 

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

They are not only rich, but they are also elite. They think differently from normal ppl like you and me. They want to simplify their life so that they can use the time to contribute to this world.

They where got time to think about what watch to wear, wind the watch, adjust the date.... They only wear because they wanna look at the time. A simple casio can do the job le.

There is still a difference when you are really rich and you wanna look rich. 🤣

I am neither. hahaha.

While this sounds like a nice view, I don't think it's accurate. Ah Mock's is more likely to spot on. 

These people don't care about buying expensive watches that much. They may value other things in timepieces like accuracy and precision (and even the lowly Casio models beat a Patek hands down in this regard). They're simply not watch snobs. 

That doesn't mean they eschew luxurious things when it intersects with their interests. Bill Gates has a pretty nifty car collection, including a much coveted Porsche 959 hyper-exotic. He has only one house (albeit a massive mansion) to the best of my knowledge. 

In contrast, Jeff Bezos is not interested in luxury cars but he seems to love acquiring massive houses just for kicks. I think he has 5 super ex properties in the US alone. 

And Warren Buffet seems to be interested in neither cars nor houses, and he lives in the same modest house he bought years ago, and I think he's got a Cadillac or two, that's it. 

The point is: they spend what they can easily afford only on what they are interested in. Not on what they think they need to spend on to impress others. 

And every person at every wealth level should live accordingly. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 5

Some people buy expensive watches because they like the design.

Some people buy expensive watches to let everyone know they MADE it.

Billionaire don't need to tell everyone they made it so they can wear what they want.

:grin:

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 1

44 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

I wear Casio.

Suddenly feel very rich, just by association 😆

My classic F-91W.

Accurate, lightweight, worn by famous people (some say Osama had one....hey, he's famous right?)

Even cheaper than kee chiu's infamous cheap casio watch. 

And it's not a genuine fake.

Ok ok I can't afford a Patek. Happy now? 

20200914_162813.jpg

• Praise 2

Let's not worry about how a multi-billionaire spends his money. He is not a politician, not a monk, not a bankrupt, not a civil servant... 

On a side note since we are on the topic of monk and watch, Dalai Lama has a Patek gifted by FDR. Here is the link to the very interesting story.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/the-dalai-lamas-patek-philippe-gifted-by-fdr-via-an-oss-officer-who-was-the-grandson-of-leo-tolstoy-seriously

This is probably the most expensive watch in the world, given the provenance of the owner and the background of the watch.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 2

Whatever billionaire wears or owns is nice, good taste, refined...

IF I ever wear a lolec peep will say it’s fake, haolian, so what?...

haizzzz...same same yet so different...

On a side note about Casio. Life simple pleasures. 

Changing the battery for my kid's analog casio after work over two evenings.

Also cleaned her watch a bit getting some of the sweat grime off the seals/back/strap and nooks. Though I doubt she noticed the latter. 

20200831_224325_compress97.jpg

20200831_223100_compress39.jpg

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9