LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB - 2020/21 Defending The Title

Maxus-MIFA9

Good things are brewing 

Rbs is not too bad. Especially after losing mina and Erling last season. Sound system

Edited by Cauldron
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

3 hours ago, Cauldron said:

Good things are brewing 

Rbs is not too bad. Especially after losing mina and Erling last season. Sound system

if it's not us who were slack, then they are actually very good. of what i've watched, they seemed to be the better team 😓

and the 3 terrors when we faced them in UCL, were all not there, can you imagine...

apart from mina and haaland, the korean guy also not around. and late on in 2nd half, got another jap came on, who also did pretty well...

we must buck up...

• Praise 5

12 hours ago, Mivec79 said:

Liverpool: Alisson, Williams, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Milner, Grujic, Jones, Minamino, Tsimikas, Brewster, Phillips, Hoever, Elliott, Van den Berg, Koumetio

Looks like origi, shaqiri n karius gone case liao

Ya think the three of them discussing their future at this moment.... its a pity for Shaqiri as I think he could have been a very good back up for the front three... Origi should leave for more playing time... Karius no point staying...

• Praise 1

The boys just came back from holidays on the back of a start stop season that ended very late... match fitness is obviously lacking.. have to be very careful to prevent more casualties... already have Ox, Hendo and Matip out... 

• Praise 1

Guys, first and foremost, RBS has played more friendlies that us before the match. As such, I would expect that RBS to be better prepared than us. 

On the RBS players looking hungrier than LFC ones, this is not a surprise. Austrian League is a poor cousin of English Leagues, in terms of finances. As such, most of RBS players will play their hearts wanting to impress the bigger clubs and if possible, be scouted and bought over for a better future. 

RBS players are not as well known as ours is also a fact. Austrian League not as rich as English League, so they can only recruit players that are not well known and train them up. Whereas the bigger English clubs can buy established players if they are prepared to pay the price. 

With Charity Shield match on the horizons, LFC players may be a bit more reserved to avoid injuries as well.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Raymondism said:

Ya think the three of them discussing their future at this moment.... its a pity for Shaqiri as I think he could have been a very good back up for the front three... Origi should leave for more playing time... Karius no point staying...

Shaq is tough... he was either injured, or couldn't string a few good games together except when he first joined... Origi's case was sad. If not because of that bloody b**tard who broke his leg (and still smiled), his development could have been very different. Since that break in momentum, he only played decent once in a while, and was hardly a good choice to stay. But of course, his luck did shine through now and then, when he scored some really high-profile and important goals, and that preserved his place in the last season. But alas, it was still not enough to convince that he was a good enough back-up to call upon when the trio are not available, so it's no surprise that he would go elsewhere to find regular playing time.

Karius case was sad too. Not his fault, but Mig was really shortchanged when Karius was preferred when fit... Then again, easy come, easy go... it was easy for handsome to get be no. 1, it was also not very forgiving when he unfortunately made those errors in the biggest stage of his - and his teammates' - career up till then... even more unfortunate was that he wasn't able to pick himself up and resurrect his career since that debacle...

if Adrian is willing, then he's a decent back-up so Karius' fate is sealed...

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Daryllim69 said:

Guys, first and foremost, RBS has played more friendlies that us before the match. As such, I would expect that RBS to be better prepared than us. 

On the RBS players looking hungrier than LFC ones, this is not a surprise. Austrian League is a poor cousin of English Leagues, in terms of finances. As such, most of RBS players will play their hearts wanting to impress the bigger clubs and if possible, be scouted and bought over for a better future. 

RBS players are not as well known as ours is also a fact. Austrian League not as rich as English League, so they can only recruit players that are not well known and train them up. Whereas the bigger English clubs can buy established players if they are prepared to pay the price. 

With Charity Shield match on the horizons, LFC players may be a bit more reserved to avoid injuries as well.

This season is of course unprecedented, and no idea how the footballers' bodies will react to it.

We know that Salah and Mane, esp, endured a super long season in 18-19 when they had UCL finals followed by African cup of nation. Then they joined the team with a shorter break than the teammates, but soldiered on in the last season - and did fantastic - until the stretch of our UCL exit and watford loss... when the whole team started to show signs of tiring. 

That was followed by the long enforced break, where everyone had to find their own ways to stay fit amidst the lockdown. After like 3-4 mth, they came out to play like near 10 games. By this time, the team's performance was flip flop, alternating between boring and clueless against toffees (ok, that was the first game after restart), brilliant against palace, then horrendous against city, etc...

Also dunno whether the players' bodies got the rest they need, or during the lockdown did they get too much rest 😅

Anyway now with such a(nother) short break, it's gonna be another new season, so just hope they can tune up accordingly and be ready to go once the whistle blows... and of course must be careful to stay injury free...

• Praise 3

29 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Shaq is tough... he was either injured, or couldn't string a few good games together except when he first joined... Origi's case was sad. If not because of that bloody b**tard who broke his leg (and still smiled), his development could have been very different. Since that break in momentum, he only played decent once in a while, and was hardly a good choice to stay. But of course, his luck did shine through now and then, when he scored some really high-profile and important goals, and that preserved his place in the last season. But alas, it was still not enough to convince that he was a good enough back-up to call upon when the trio are not available, so it's no surprise that he would go elsewhere to find regular playing time.

Karius case was sad too. Not his fault, but Mig was really shortchanged when Karius was preferred when fit... Then again, easy come, easy go... it was easy for handsome to get be no. 1, it was also not very forgiving when he unfortunately made those errors in the biggest stage of his - and his teammates' - career up till then... even more unfortunate was that he wasn't able to pick himself up and resurrect his career since that debacle...

if Adrian is willing, then he's a decent back-up so Karius' fate is sealed...

I believe Shaq is good enough, if injury free, and can be deployed as one of the front threes or as an attacking Midfielder. He is damn good with dead balls. Problem is he is getting old and he might want to start playing more regularly. The club might also want to cash in as he doesnt cost us a lot in the first place. 

Origi... probably more suitable as point man in a 4-2-3-1 set up with Shaqiri, Minamino and Ox supporting behind. Unless Klopp decides to switch formation, he is better off playing for another team. 

Karius.. dont want to talk about him 😄

• Praise 1

On 8/24/2020 at 10:13 PM, Vegas said:

who u think will be main challengers in 2020/21?

for me:

1. Shitty => obvious for me

2. Chelski => they signing a truck load of quality players

3. Manure => still feel Bruno Fernandes is a good player but over hyped..

Recent LFC transfers all Thiago related. i hope he sign.. n Gini stay. perhaps we can sign Suarez as backup striker 😜

Backup biter you mean? [laugh]

• Haha! 1

If Messi wants to win the CL again

then he should join Liverpool

and take just a token salary.

He has enough money

its trophies he wants.

:grin:

• Haha! 3

Harvey Elliott uploaded a snap to Instagram which showed him in 2012, when he was just nine-years-old walking onto the pitch as QPR mascot, but looking longingly over at Steven Gerrard, who was leading out Liverpool.

image.png.bde78126264c15d42bcf8b1da1f3d3bc.png

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

He has enough money

its trophies he wants.

Robertson won't let him off so lightly!🤭

• Haha! 3

16 hours ago, Jamesc said:

He has enough money

its trophies he wants.

salary level for these players are not to feed mouths/needs... they are there to feed egos. So, hard to imagine top players getting pay cuts just to be in a club to win. Their salary levels are meant for pegging order and bragging rights.  

to be honest, I wouldn't take messi even if he wants to join Pool for charity.  1 good reason why Barca is in such a decline in the last few years is because Messi has become way too influential for the club..  For any club that manages this way, it is a recipe for disaster sooner or later.  If city wants to take him in, I will happily support that, even as a rival Pool fan.  he has not many years left in his legs.. and the baggages he bring...  not worth it.  

Economically, it may work out though as his jerseys will fly off the racks..  but whether it can bring instant success on the football pitch, I tend to be skeptical.  

• Praise 4

2 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Joey Barton. Top of the list for my roughest players. 

you noticed this infamous chap, who i think should be buddy buddy with Balo 🤣

i on the other hand, noticed what's on his shirt... doomed liao...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Fooblack said:

salary level for these players are not to feed mouths/needs... they are there to feed egos. So, hard to imagine top players getting pay cuts just to be in a club to win. Their salary levels are meant for pegging order and bragging rights.  

to be honest, I wouldn't take messi even if he wants to join Pool for charity.  1 good reason why Barca is in such a decline in the last few years is because Messi has become way too influential for the club..  For any club that manages this way, it is a recipe for disaster sooner or later.  If city wants to take him in, I will happily support that, even as a rival Pool fan.  he has not many years left in his legs.. and the baggages he bring...  not worth it.  

Economically, it may work out though as his jerseys will fly off the racks..  but whether it can bring instant success on the football pitch, I tend to be skeptical.  

Agree with Fooblack. Any team that Messi plays for, it will always be Messi above team. Messi and CR7 are who they are because wherever they play, their team is build to feed into their play. In LFC case, Messi joining will create more disruptions than doing good. I will say "No" to Messi, regardless of the price to bring him in or the salary.

• Praise 3

If Messi want to join for free, i will sign him. Better than letting him join another English team. 

Bro @Hamburger is right. We cant even afford Werner or 27M Thiago... we should focus on selling unwanted players and get relatively unknown new players in as replacement. 

In 2014, Barcelona has this MSN attack. N left and M S still playing in 2020. No team should stay stagnant unless zero suitable players are available. We are too dependent on our three forwards especially Firminho. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2