[Official] 2021 11th Generation Honda Civic

Carbon82

32 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Lol Mine not  screaming VTEC which only type r  have. engines are I-VTEC (economy VTEC) don’t have type R ( VTEC for power). Many times tried chasing type R’s will smell their smoke as they pull away when their VTEC engages at 5000 plus rpm😭😆😪😶.  Still good enough for both singapore roads and NS highway that can pull away from their turbo myvis, wajas, sagas, bezzas etc.  Okay sorry for digress too much from main thread 😆

K series Type R uses I-VTEC la.  The only difference is the 2 stage cam lobe.

↡ Advertisement

24 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Lol Mine not  screaming VTEC which only type r  have. engines are I-VTEC (economy VTEC) don’t have type R ( VTEC for power). Many times tried chasing type R’s will smell their smoke as they pull away when their VTEC engages at 5000 plus rpm😭😆😪😶.  Still good enough for both singapore roads and NS highway that can pull away from their turbo myvis, wajas, sagas, bezzas etc.  Okay sorry for digress too much from main thread 😆

No offense but i had a friend who owned the 2.0M FD. i keep saying why he never buy the R. Same road tax leh. After that he changed to FNA. I said why he never buy FXT, same road tax leh. lol.

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

No offense but i had a friend who owned the 2.0M FD. i keep saying why he never buy the R. Same road tax leh. After that he changed to FNA. I said why he never buy FXT, same road tax leh. lol.

hmm maybe no budget to stretch? Got big price gap between normal FD2 and type R and the insurance costs difference, fuel consumption cost difference, long term  running costs all add up. FD2R need 98 or premium fuel to run without engine knocking I think.😁😁. Same for FNA and forester turbo I think 🤔 

What is the 2022 civic 1.5 engine model sold here with 129HP compare to Malaysia/Thailand 1.5 engine with the actual 180HP? So it’s not detune, but a different engine or same engine but they put a cap limit?

Edited by Fellows

20 hours ago, Fellows said:

What is the 2022 civic 1.5 engine model sold here with 129HP compare to Malaysia/Thailand 1.5 engine with the actual 180HP? So it’s not detune, but a different engine or same engine but they put a cap limit?

It’s the same engine as Malaysia/Thailand just that it’s been detuned to 129bhp so that it slots into CAT A coe. So all you need to do is to go to tuners to help you tune back to stock 180 bhp or more if you like 😁. Uniquely Singapore pay more for less power. 

1 hour ago, Confusedboi said:

Oh I wonder how is the fuel consumption for this new 11th gen civic, current owners care to share?

Carbuyer was saying the FC is poorer than the previous gen. Somehow the detuning makes the car use up more petrol when accelerating i think?

https://carbuyer.com.sg/2021-honda-civic-1-5-turbo-review-middle-ground/5/

Push it further up the rev range though and the car seems to run out of steam a bit at the top end. It feels as though that there’s more to give, but that the engine is somehow strangled and restrained from delivering its full potential.

It’s not a major issue for most drivers really, but it can be a tad disappointing for those who enjoyed the effortless power available from the previous model. Fuel consumption also suffers slightly though, to 6.4L/100km compared to 5.9L/100km on the old model, ostensibly because the engine has to work a little bit harder now.

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Confusedboi said:

Oh I wonder how is the fuel consumption for this new 11th gen civic, current owners care to share?

I getting avg 13-15km/l mixed city and Highway in normal mode

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi not sure if this is allowed, admin can delete if it isn’t.

I’m selling a brand new K&N engine air filter for Civic FC Turbo 2016-2017 from what I understand. Bought wrong model as wanted to buy for my NA.

Model 33-5044

interested can message me