D​id you know that Tom Cruise has been banned from purchasing a Bugatti?

kobayashiGT

Supersonic
18 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

wah piang, i just went to google it. Not my league, this kinda doors. Is it by sensor(s) type? If so, must be run on batt right? if one day batt flat, then how huh? 😅

Let's not even joke about the battery. If that goes, I'm looking at many thousands of dollars (possibly close to 10k) to replace it. 

Which is why I take pains to ensure it remains charged up. CB or not I do enough driving, of course for essential purposes. 😊

But if really no charge, there is an emergency door release method. It's not a pretty procedure.

There's no way AA can help, I don't think they even know this marque exists (it's not even on their insurance list, whereas Ferrari is). 

If I'm in sg, I'll just call the McLaren service advisor, he's usually very helpful.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
5 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Let's not even joke about the battery. If that goes, I'm looking at many thousands of dollars (possibly close to 10k) to replace it. 

Which is why I take pains to ensure it remains charged up. CB or not I do enough driving, of course for essential purposes. 😊

But if really no charge, there is an emergency door release method. It's not a pretty procedure.

There's no way AA can help, I don't think they even know this marque exists (it's not even on their insurance list, whereas Ferrari is). 

If I'm in sg, I'll just call the McLaren service advisor, he's usually very helpful.

I should go and make a video on How to open Honda Accord Door. hahaha. As a parody. hahahahha

• Haha! 2

40 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

huh, means the special batt is not like our normal cars, every 1.5-2 yr must replace that type huh?

My carpark used to have one ferrari parked near a pillar which has a power socket, and the owner often connects a charger from the power socket to the car. I posted in MCF before i think 1-2 yr ago, and was told that it's to keep the batt charged, presumably due to not much driving... 

Is it the same reason?

Let me guess, the McLaren will charge a bomb for such recovery? No competition sure take out 🔪

Supersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

huh, means the special batt is not like our normal cars, every 1.5-2 yr must replace that type huh?

My carpark used to have one ferrari parked near a pillar which has a power socket, and the owner often connects a charger from the power socket to the car. I posted in MCF before i think 1-2 yr ago, and was told that it's to keep the batt charged, presumably due to not much driving... 

Is it the same reason?

Let me guess, the McLaren will charge a bomb for such recovery? No competition sure take out 🔪

It probably has to be changed out every 3 years or so, it's just one more cost to be incurred (the damn expensive warranty still doesn't cover it).

There's a trickle charger provided to keep the Lithium Ion battery topped up, but I drive the car at least once in 4 to 5 days even during CB (daily before all this nonsense) so I don't bother with the charger.

Having owned a car from each marque, I would say McLaren preventive maintenance is much more expensive than Ferrari's on average, and the absence of good third party competitors for McLaren servicing and repair (unlike Ferrari) makes the situation worse.

Edited by Turboflat4

Talking about door not able to open. 

My encounter was not passenger door. 

It happened when I was pulling up at petrol station with empty tank indicator lighted. 

Alight, then the pump attendant asked me to open the fuel flap while trying to pry open it. 

Then I try to press unlock on the remote quite a few times. 

Mindful of a queue of cars behind me...... 

I told uncle, "Never mind, she's not ready today, I come back another day." 😂

After driving off, went to nearest carpark quickly Google YouTube how to access and open the fuel flap manually and call the workshop to verify the method. 

Disengaged the actuator pin. 

Then drove to next nearest station 😅

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
52 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Talking about door not able to open. 

My encounter was not passenger door. 

It happened when I was pulling up at petrol station with empty tank indicator lighted. 

Alight, then the pump attendant asked me to open the fuel flap while trying to pry open it. 

Then I try to press unlock on the remote quite a few times. 

Mindful of a queue of cars behind me...... 

I told uncle, "Never mind, she's not ready today, I come back another day." 😂

After driving off, went to nearest carpark quickly Google YouTube how to access and open the fuel flap manually and call the workshop to verify the method. 

Disengaged the actuator pin. 

Then drove to next nearest station 😅

Haha. Why never go back to the same station!

(edited)
9 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Haha. Why never go back to the same station!

Different direction. I know after indicator lighted still have 30-40km of mileage. 

Most important.

Don't want uncle to know how I turn "her ready" so quickly. 🤣

I also don't like to queue

Edited by Atonchia
  • Haha! 1

On 5/19/2020 at 11:58 AM, Turboflat4 said:

It probably has to be changed out every 3 years or so, it's just one more cost to be incurred (the damn expensive warranty still doesn't cover it).

There's a trickle charger provided to keep the Lithium Ion battery topped up, but I drive the car at least once in 4 to 5 days even during CB (daily before all this nonsense) so I don't bother with the charger.

Having owned a car from each marque, I would say McLaren preventive maintenance is much more expensive than Ferrari's on average, and the absence of good third party competitors for McLaren servicing and repair (unlike Ferrari) makes the situation worse.

OK, this sounds like a very atas problem 😂 Should i say that I'm luckier than you that i don't have such problem? 🤔

• Haha! 3

On 5/18/2020 at 9:05 AM, Atrecord said:

why the article never said how come tom cruise couldn't open the door?

the only times i can think of malu issues regarding unicorn plush slippers car doors, is for those like Honda Vezel back passenger doors... 

one ex-colleague bought a jazz few years ago. when i asked him why didn't he consider Vezel/HRV, he said he considered, but gave up the idea cos only got 2 doors! 🤣

Wow. I didn't think it was possible, but Bugatti actually proved themselves bigger butthurt crybabies than Ferrari.

↡ Advertisement