MG ZS / HS and EV to be launched at Singapore Motorshow 2020?

RevStarZen

Message added by kobayashiGT

Hi Guys, this thread has been kinda long for newbies like me to read on!

Here's the continuation thread that you guys can discuss and review on the MG HS & MG ZS!

On 7/15/2020 at 9:17 PM, fungyee77 said:

@BuffyIs the 2nd list relating to only the extended warranty (2 yr additional for 2.5k) or the first 3 years as well?

Seems to be some overlap between the 1st and 2nd lists (All electrical switches are covered in 1st list, but not covered in list 2 point 31).

Prima facie, list 2 looks reasonable, except for some unusual carve outs (points 23, 24, 28, 31, 32). 

Maybe first 3y provided by factory and last 2 provided by AD? That could explain the gaps. 

What happened to the post showing the warranty items?? Kana taken down? POFMA ah lol...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

What happened to the post showing the warranty items?? Kana taken down? POFMA ah lol...

I was told it was put up by a certain MG SE. He has been fired as a result wor...  :D For being too honest I guess LOL

I believe that list was meant for internal use only. Customers are not supposed to know... Now die la... whole SG knows. 

• Haha! 1

56 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

I was told it was put up by a certain MG SE. He has been fired as a result wor...  :D For being too honest I guess LOL

I believe that list was meant for internal use only. Customers are not supposed to know... Now die la... whole SG knows. 

Anyone got that saved? I never got to read it.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

They showed me when I asked....

• Praise 1

Think its important to go in with eyes open on reliability/warranty. 

That said, MG HS is frankly an impressive effort.  

Think anyone that is shopping in the Qashqai/Seltos/Arona/Karoq space owes it to themselves to do a test drive of the MG HS. 

• Praise 1

Just realised this MG thread is being categorised as "China Talk". Sure MGs are now made in China but so are Volvos (who are owned by Geely) but i don't see volvo threads in "China Talk".  

The classification of car brands should be based on the origins of the company, not where it is made or which country the owners currently come from. 

On 7/18/2020 at 5:18 PM, fungyee77 said:

Think its important to go in with eyes open on reliability/warranty. 

That said, MG HS is frankly an impressive effort.  

Think anyone that is shopping in the Qashqai/Seltos/Arona/Karoq space owes it to themselves to do a test drive of the MG HS. 

U missed out Vezel/HRV, C-HR, CX-3, CX-30, CX-5, Forester, Tucson......lol

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

U missed out Vezel/HRV, C-HR, CX-3, CX-30, CX-5, Forester, Tucson......lol

Agree - its a compact (CX-5) SUV priced like a sub-compact (CX-3). Huge number of options in that space !

Julen Leow also compared it to the 3 row Outlander :

"In any case, you could spend a bit more and go with a more recognisable nameplate and still end up with an inferior car (Mitsubishi Outlander, we’re looking at you). How feel-good is that, really?"

https://www.carbuyer.com.sg/test-drives/mg-hs-review-singapore-price/

2 hours ago, fungyee77 said:

Agree - its a compact (CX-5) SUV priced like a sub-compact (CX-3). Huge number of options in that space !

Julen Leow also compared it to the 3 row Outlander :

"In any case, you could spend a bit more and go with a more recognisable nameplate and still end up with an inferior car (Mitsubishi Outlander, we’re looking at you). How feel-good is that, really?"

https://www.carbuyer.com.sg/test-drives/mg-hs-review-singapore-price/

Ya i saw this article. I didn't agree how he implied MG was "less recognisable" than Mitsubishi. People who are into cars surely know the MG brand with its long history (even if it's a different owner now). 

1 hour ago, Kar_lover said:

Ya i saw this article. I didn't agree how he implied MG was "less recognisable" than Mitsubishi. People who are into cars surely know the MG brand with its long history (even if it's a different owner now). 

Are you considering ?  Which other options are you looking at  ?

How cm this thread moved from China to Conti? Was searching high and low for it.

Understand that many people signed on the dotted line over the weekend. 

5 hours ago, Kar_lover said:

Just realised this MG thread is being categorised as "China Talk". Sure MGs are now made in China but so are Volvos (who are owned by Geely) but i don't see volvo threads in "China Talk".  

The classification of car brands should be based on the origins of the company, not where it is made or which country the owners currently come from. 

Wow! Kudos to mods for moving this thread to Conti Talk. Did not expect my suggestion to be taken up so fast...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, fungyee77 said:

Are you considering ?  Which other options are you looking at  ?

Stonic lol....if i want something cheaper yet still a good drive....all the essentials are there too.....not to mention low road tax, easier to park.....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

33 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Stonic lol....if i want something cheaper yet still a good drive....all the essentials are there too.....not to mention low road tax, easier to park.....

Stonic reliability will be proven obviously. Too bad no Hyundai active safety suite in the Stonic. But the MG HS may win in engine refinement since Stonic has a 3cyln engine. No 3 cyln engine can be as quiet and refined as a 4 banger. 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Cheefarn said:

Stonic reliability will be proven obviously. Too bad no Hyundai active safety suite in the Stonic. But the MG HS may win in engine refinement since Stonic has a 3cyln engine. No 3 cyln engine can be as quiet and refined as a 4 banger. 

I guess in terms of value definitely MG as long as you willing to take a small amount of risk but in these uncertain times, if getting what u need for as little cost as possible then Stonic. But you could end up feeling penny wise pound foolish when a year later things recover.... 

2 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Agree that the HS will win in engine refinement but the Stonic 3 cylinder’s refinement is not as bad as Opel’s Crossland X 1.2T 3-cyclinder which is unrefined and coarse especially at Start-Stop traffic when the auto-start-stop function is engaged...😓.

The whole ride vibrated vigorously upon re-starting it’s engine at the lights which shook me the first time I drove it.🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1