Jaguar XE

Damienic

My take. Interior is similar to LR or Volvo. In fact new Volvo XC90 interior look more exciting.

Exterior it look too similar to the XF, which is a 7 year old design.

What's exciting about the car is all underneath, the double wishbone suspension, the aluminium chassis, the new XF 8 speeder (used by BMW), maybe the new ingenium 4 pot engine (not much was mentioned about the IL4 petrol 2.0L engine, but i assume its gonna be turbo charged to achieve the EURO 6 CO2 emission) ... and possibly the driving dynamics.

But most car buyers are superficial... good looks always sells, no matter how bad the car drives. And that is something the XE lacks.

I feel the looks for XE is quite great and it probably didn't excite as much as it should is because XF itself is a hard act to follow. The XF honestly looks extremely good for a car of this old. It is launched in 2008 but even a lot of the newer models launched in recent yrs din look quite as good. Hence, when they decide to release XE, it is quite a challenge given that although it is not supposed to be a replacement for the XF, it is not easy to come up with a design which will look more fresh and adventurous given the high standards set by XF. My take is that if we were to ignore XF as a model that is in existent and just look at the XE alone by itself, more customers would probably find the car looks appealing

Edited by Damienic
↡ Advertisement

I feel the looks for XE is quite great and it probably didn't excite as much as it should is because XF itself is a hard act to follow. The XF honestly looks extremely good for a car of this old. It is launched in 2008 but even a lot of the newer models launched in recent yrs din look quite as good. Hence, when they decide to release XE, it is quite a challenge given that although it is not supposed to be a replacement for the XF, it is not easy to come up with a design which will look more fresh and adventurous given the high standards set by XF. My take is that if we were to ignore XF as a model that is in existent and just look at the XE alone by itself, more customers would probably find the looks appealing at this current era

I would have preferred them to design the car closer to the looks of F type or the previous XK. Tho any resemblence of the E type will always be welcome.

XF design language had been diluted after the launch of XJ and XF facelift. Something fresher is needed.

And i think Ian Calum is lazy when designing the interior. Much more could have been done.

I would have preferred them to design the car closer to the looks of F type or the previous XK. Tho any resemblence of the E type will always be welcome.

XF design language had been diluted after the launch of XJ and XF facelift. Something fresher is needed.

And i think Ian Calum is lazy when designing the interior. Much more could have been done.

yes, it seems as though things haven't changed much since 2007.

looks good but reliabilty <

Based on my experience with the XF, I won't worry too much about it. I do expect the parts cost to be higher in general though.

• Praise 1

What do you guys think would be a correct price for this car to sell well?

My take is that it should be just below the BMW3 series to have an impact, at worse same price as 3 series, don't think they can do well if priced too high.

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 4

What do you guys think would be a correct price for this car to sell well?

My take is that it should be just below the BMW3 series to have an impact, at worse same price as 3 series, don't think they can do well if priced too high.

imo, price it at $150k, i buy! hahahhah

• Praise 1

imo, price it at $150k, i buy! hahahhah

Bro, that price abit too low lah although I also hope they price at that level. Think based on today's COE, I feel $165k to $170k should be about right.

• Praise 3

Bro, that price abit too low lah although I also hope they price at that level. Think based on today's COE, I feel $165k to $170k should be about right.

but at that price, i go for the XF le

but at that price, i go for the XF le

XF $188k I think so below that shld be about right.

You think they bring in diesel?

Actually not much diff right, XE and XF look similar and size about the same.

These days quite confusing. Last time clearly have X, S and XJ which is more or less 3, 5 and 7 series equivalent.

• Praise 4

XF $188k I think so below that shld be about right.

You think they bring in diesel?

Actually not much diff right, XE and XF look similar and size about the same.

These days quite confusing. Last time clearly have X, S and XJ which is more or less 3, 5 and 7 series equivalent.

yeah, followed audi style

parts all same ahahah so no need buy/buikld sep parts

1 size fit all

Dear XE fans or all interested in the XE.

The configurator is up! haha. Time to check out your desired XE!

Full engine specs and features etc, available on website.

XE main site:

http://www.jaguar.com/jaguar-range/xe/index.html

XE configurator:

http://rules.config.jaguar.com/jdx/en_xi/xe/?_ga=1.6854002.1995058517.1412164839

post-148885-0-66257400-1412168377_thumb.jpg

Edited by ahboy86
  • Praise 1

Somehow to me the XF looks more stunning.

Would a new model of XF be due soon?

XF is competing in a different catergory, that's prob why haha.

yup, due in 2016 .. the test mules are already running around.

Now similar:

X, S and XJ replaced by XE, XF and XJ respectively.

And of course, the sports category they have:

4-seater : XK

2-seater : F-Type

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1