Scoot TF996 experienced loss of cabin pressure -SG to Taipei

Raubern

Supersonic

Melbourne

U sure u wanna fly Scoot for a long flight like this?

Whether budget or full service, travel insurance is a must

U sure u wanna fly Scoot for a long flight like this?

Whether budget or full service, travel insurance is a must

Been flying for years already..  just that now contemplating if want to buy insurance...

Have a question.

When the airline indicates baggage allowance is 20 or 30kg, does that means only 1 luggage or multiple luggage adding up to the allowance? My understanding is 1 luggage only. My wife say I wrong, it should be multiple luggage allowed as long as dont hit the allowance limit.

so far every time i fly, the allowance is by weight not by pieces of baggage, as long as you check in all of them together.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

if you guys take enough domestic flights within China, all these issues are just as common as eat breakfast.... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

And they dont even give you simi delay voucher, drinks also most times not enough to go around... <_<

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Just confirmed with my fren, Scoot gave $250 cash and letter for delay to every single passenger for this incident. Even the kids have it.

At Taiwan side, he was given NT$6,000 of food vouchers for his family. NT$22 : SGD1.

Now who say Scoot no good??? He told me that he willing to take Scoot again!!!

Each person get that amount? If family of 4 will get S$2k worth of cash and vouchers liao :D

i only know my wife took Jetstar and they only allow 1 piece of hand carry, i think the counter staff trying to be difficult cos that was the only incident.

Just confirmed with my fren, Scoot gave $250 cash and letter for delay to every single passenger for this incident. Even the kids have it.

At Taiwan side, he was given NT$6,000 of food vouchers for his family. NT$22 : SGD1.

Now who say Scoot no good??? He told me that he willing to take Scoot again!!!

wah, that is quite a good "compensation". 

[thumbsup]

Mods : Scoot flights are TR by the way, not TF. 

Edited by Blueray

Scoot pilots caused loss of plane cabin pressure, pilots sent for retraining

SINGAPORE: Singapore Airlines’ budget arm, Scoot, has revealed that the activation of oxygen masks on board flight TR996 on Sunday (Mar 24) was initiated by its pilots.

In a statement to Channel NewsAsia, Scoot said that “preliminary investigations indicated that the operating pilots made some procedural decisions in the descent phase of the flight that contributed to a slight loss of cabin pressure”.

The pilots were flying an Airbus A320-200 from Singapore to Taipei, when the incident occurred.

“While the flight would have continued on safely, the operating pilots nevertheless decided to deploy the oxygen masks as a precautionary measure. The pilots will be undergoing retraining to address the gaps, and we apologise for the anxiety and inconveniences caused to passengers,” added Scoot.

Supersonic

Scoot pilots caused loss of plane cabin pressure, pilots sent for retraining

SINGAPORE: Singapore Airlinesâ budget arm, Scoot, has revealed that the activation of oxygen masks on board flight TR996 on Sunday (Mar 24) was initiated by its pilots.

In a statement to Channel NewsAsia, Scoot said that âpreliminary investigations indicated that the operating pilots made some procedural decisions in the descent phase of the flight that contributed to a slight loss of cabin pressureâ.

The pilots were flying an Airbus A320-200 from Singapore to Taipei, when the incident occurred.

âWhile the flight would have continued on safely, the operating pilots nevertheless decided to deploy the oxygen masks as a precautionary measure. The pilots will be undergoing retraining to address the gaps, and we apologise for the anxiety and inconveniences caused to passengers,â added Scoot.

Hmmm...since Scoot say pilot fault, wonder if they will deduct $250 per passenger from the pilot's pay?....

my understand is multiple luggage as long as not exceeding the allowed weight.

difffers from airline to airline.  some can't even combine the luggage allowance like if one luggage light and another one heavy, then it is still assessed based on total.

my poor elder brother, took british airways, and found out 2 of their luggage overweight......so have to throw away quite some times to meet the weight requirement.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

difffers from airline to airline. some can't even combine the luggage allowance like if one luggage light and another one heavy, then it is still assessed based on total.

my poor elder brother, took british airways, and found out 2 of their luggage overweight......so have to throw away quite some times to meet the weight requirement.

That's right. Asian airlines usually go by an overall weight limit but many angmoh airlines go by per piece.

That's right. Asian airlines usually go by an overall weight limit but many angmoh airlines go by per piece.

i was told europeans are always more humanitarian and welfare-ish and this rule was in case the heavy luggage created backaches for the luggage handlers at the airport.  but i was thinking the europeans are bigger and stronger, they definitely can handle baggage with such weight not forgetting asian baggage handlers also never complain about .

i only know my wife took Jetstar and they only allow 1 piece of hand carry, i think the counter staff trying to be difficult cos that was the only incident.

Yes jetstar only one piece of handcarry. The check in can be multiple luggages as long as within limit.

i was told europeans are always more humanitarian and welfare-ish and this rule was in case the heavy luggage created backaches for the luggage handlers at the airport.  but i was thinking the europeans are bigger and stronger, they definitely can handle baggage with such weight not forgetting asian baggage handlers also never complain about .

No. It is not about Welfare. It is becos in AMDK land, many of these airport workers have powerful worker unions. If anything happen to the worker becos of overweight luggage which handler need to lift, the airline will tio hoot jialat jialat by the union. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 2

No. It is not about Welfare. It is becos in AMDK land, many of these airport workers have powerful worker unions. If anything happen to the worker becos of overweight luggage which handler need to lift, the airline will tio hoot jialat jialat by the union. 

yes.......power of the unions i was told.......haha

and us asians become the flag bearer for "cheaper, faster, better"

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1