Cheapo rider accused Gojek driver of kidnapping

Yamapi

Instead of spending time and energy to hunt down foreign owned Obike and Ofo to return several millions of our deposits, this useless LTA is going after a hapless true-blue Singaporean of unjust accusation. [thumbsdown]

Have to follow protocol leh. When someone complained, they have to act accordingly to the protocol. Cannot suka suka see this complaint as rubbish and throw in rubbish bin right? So it is understandable when the letter is sent to the driver home as it is due to someone complained to LTA.

It's only ask to come have a kopi session, the end result whether any demerit point, suspension, revoke or warning all is not known yet. So still too early to say.

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Honestly, the lady asking for it

1. Kpkb and take video of the driver

2. Kpkb say hostage, lock the door etc

3. Kpkb and use race card

4. Kpkb and scream

5. Kpkb and post on fb

All these may distract driver and cause the driver to lose focus. An accident waiting to be happened? Wat if she snatch the steering from the driver

Now, another scary issue is tt the person she called to report the 'kidnapping' may also a siao lang. Listen to the conversation again. No sane person would talk like tt if ur child is kidnapped or held as hostage

If it is a mental issue, good to seek help. If she is a normal person, then really knn lah, this jovina choi

yeah man,,imagine no video, what could ve came out of dat mouth

Supercharged

Since he play big big already, no reason to hide the letter from the public now. LTA send this letter is not top secret. If LTA dare to send, then they must make sure their demand stands up to public scrutiny. I think it's the right move to make given that he has already gone down this road.

[laugh]  sounded like addicted gambler

Since already lose pants, lose shirts, might as well dump in the house as well!!

Control, control......this kind of mentality can get into trouble one.

• Praise 1

Not sure and didn't see the donation news. Lucky got screen shot here bro Yewheng that we won't get cheated for someone who wants a quick buck.

Received this Change.org petition link from a friend. Just sharing. Its up to you if you want to sign or not or for reading pleasure and sharing if you want.

http://chng.it/zgx9MKR2

Cheers and wish everyone here an early Happy Lunar New Year! Huat ah!

One don't petition for something that has not happened....

Just saying

Edited by Othello

Instead of spending time and energy to hunt down foreign owned Obike and Ofo to return several millions of our deposits, this useless LTA is going after a hapless true-blue Singaporean of unjust accusation. [thumbsdown]

Singapore laws is weak to prosecute cheats lar.

Many companies in singapore be it foreign or local mostly go scott free when they close down, owing business and end users millions of dollars...

I believe if these companies tries the same stunt in china, the people involved gets shot. Mugged by govt liao but here in sunny singapore nothing much is done.

Ofo. Oobike. Time shares. Five stars. Many travel agencies and countless construction firms. How many were jailef for fraud or owing ppl monies?

I only hear of sunshine empire bosses going to jail nia.

Perhaps our govt lawmakers should do something about this rather than clamping down on peasants

• Praise 5

Many companies in singapore be it foreign or local mostly go scott free when they close down, owing business and end users millions of dollars...

I believe if these companies tries the same stunt in china, the people involved gets shot. Mugged by govt liao but here in sunny singapore nothing much is done.

Ofo. Oobike. Time shares. Five stars. Many travel agencies and countless construction firms. How many were jailef for fraud or owing ppl monies?

Perhaps our govt lawmakers should do something about this rather than clamping down on peasants

Remember our government nearly want to go into bike sharing also? Heng did not. So I hope they will not focus energy on going into what is trandy and then later end up become white elephant. Those trandy thing better let private companies to setup and take the risk and not government to go into it. Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

As long as Pinky still around, he will only let Jinx wife play with our fund ð¤¬

Can see but no touch ð¤­

Huat Ah!!!! Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 8

Turbocharged

Since he play big big already, no reason to hide the letter from the public now. LTA send this letter is not top secret. If LTA dare to send, then they must make sure their demand stands up to public scrutiny. I think it's the right move to make given that he has already gone down this road.

But alternatively if he acknowledged that once a while will meet crazy customer on this job, and offer to pay the erp just $1 (?) on his own to mollify the lady, all this wouldn't have happened.

Maybe that was what happened with the other drivers she encountered, and the drivers simply wanted to minimize escalation and paid the erp from their own pockets.. until she met this driver..
  • Praise 8

Maybe that was what happened with the other drivers she encountered, and the drivers simply wanted to minimize escalation and paid the erp from their own pockets.. until she met this driver..

And maybe all the previous rides dont hv auto lock.... Kekeke

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190204_191147_com.facebook.katana.jpg

If it is the rider or the rider mother who complained to LTA, then they may not feel they are not in wrong. This is very scary as the mindset is very stubborn type or should I said spoilt bat. Cannot like this leh.

Not saying that the rider is right, but if I try to see her point of view, I do understand why she (still) feels this way.

- There are indeed ways to siam ERP for her journey, and apparently other drivers have done it. Cheating her is the wrong word to use, but she doesn't come across as being eloquent. She definitely feels angry about the driver who caused her to incur additional ERP. This is 'cheating' to her, even though it is the government who collects ERP.

- Her intended destination is Coleman St. When the driver decided to go to the nearest police station in Toa Payoh, she mentioned that she wants to go one in town instead. Again, she uses the wrong words like 'hostage' and 'kidnapping', but she could be feeling that she is stopped from going where she wants to go - i.e. Coleman St in the first instance, and a police station in town in the second. I wonder if the driver could be considered guilty of unlawful restraint. Does the driver have the right to carry out citizen's arrest int his case?

Kidnapping is a serious crime. I hope the authorities will investigate this claim and punish her is she is deemed to have made a false allegation of kidnapping. For abusing the driver, I hope she gets banned from all private hire platforms.

On the other hand, I also hope the driver will be taught a lesson about what PDPA is about. I'm also not sure what transpired before the video began. The rider's video (which seems to have starting recording earlier) might shed some light but since she didn't upload for the world to judge, we will never know.

• Praise 1

Unlawful restraint?

I ask the driver to stop at the bus stop he refuses because he will get a fine.

He stops me 50 away is that unlawful restraint?

Same as a driver driving to police station.

Why she never upload? She knows she is wrong.

:D

When people accuse you of a major crime like kidnapping

Their right to privacy goes out the window if it is used to prove your innocence.

If some one bangs your car and accuse you of banging his cat and the video shows proof of your innocence.

He forfeits the right to privacy.

Put it another way you molest a girl she uploads the video can you scream I have the right to privacy?

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

These companies are safe as long as they pay their dues to govt promptly and don't offend pinky or his pets.

otherwise, sue till your pants drop ah! [laugh]

↡ Advertisement