2019 12th Gen Toyota Corolla Sedan

gemmoglock

Since when I said altis is the worst?

I only agree it's overpriced n due to its high price and the features altis can offered is unjustifiable.

That's the AD's problem, and not Toyota problem.

Quit that ranting on the old Corolla.

This topic is about the new gen.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

See how these typical Toyota loyalists behave, one hand claim want to discuss abt his perfect dream corolla, another hand as usual calling names n insult anyone who nv praise his dream car.

As usual lose liao act victim n start insulting other members ride. So typical

Edited by Kia7200
  • Dislike 3

Siala start topic become so exciting  [shocked]

Anyways next Mazda 3 is launching end Nov so it will be interesting when the next jan of Jap cars reach our shores. To stay on topic I won't share pictures, but the spyshots look very similar to the Mazda 3 concept (go google it).

One thing we know for sure is that IRS on M3 is going :( Next one will be torsion beam instead, but let's wait to see how Mazda tunes it.

hey, you add to all 4 or only rear ? My Corolla also very bouncy

any toyota thread sure must chime in one mah [laugh]

All four. Only $40 plus.

Just be gentle in driving. My previous vios was quite ok. In fact much comfy than vezel. The only changes I added an eng8ne strut bar. On XM2 tryes for 10 years. No problem with bouncy suspension. I pumped 240 for 14inch tyre.

Edited by Kopites

Since when I said altis is the worst?

I only agree it's overpriced n due to its high price and the features altis can offered is unjustifiable.

High price, yes. But if the Altis and Civic sells at the same price as Korean brands of the same competing model. Don't think Korean cars can sell well. Maybe some may eventually stop having that model for sale. Even other Jap brands also have issues catching up good popular cars.

Edited by Renegade777
  • Praise 1

High price, yes. But if the Altis and Civic sells at the same price as Korean brands of the same competing model. Don't think Korean cars can sell well. Maybe some may eventually stop having that model for sale. Even other Jap brands also have issues catching up good popular cars.

Ya possible. I find if for the same price, similar features n spec, I guess most ppl will choose Japan brand. But Korea cars makers know how to market their cars n priced it very competitively so quite tough

Ya possible. I find if for the same price, similar features n spec, I guess most ppl will choose Japan brand. But Korea cars makers know how to market their cars n priced it very competitively so quite tough

hi, thank you for your feedback.

We all know about the BM pattern how they price they car. And i do believe they now learned the lesson and started to bring down the pricing progressively by looking at the price list trend. 

we value your effort and shall we focus back to the topic instead of comparing AD, price and etc..

Your understanding is highly appreciated. 

Can i say altis is using torsion beam for all the past generation altis right? But when i sit behind an altis, i find the ride quite ok le, not bumpy.

ya. i found the altis rear suspension tune more toward softer ride like K3 (3rd gen) versus elantra with more firmer suspension. 

that was my wife feeling as well when test drive these car previously. 

p/s; not sure whether previous generation are all torsion beam, sorry can't advise.

I am impressed with how to newer makes like Kia and Hyundai rapidly improve over last 20 years. And their mentality to think big and execute well - for example Stinger.

Still I think the existing big boys like Toyota, Honda, VW etc did also improve to remain competitive.

But there is some strange folks out there who wanna prove (via keyboard) that their preferred brand is the bestestest. One of jokers even go to other forums like HWZ with same nick to spread his same "gospel". Really LOL.

Anyway lets get back to discussion on Corolla in this thread.

There is quite a few videos on Youtube (mainly mandarin ones from TW and CN), that do detailed walkaround of the suspension and chassis after jacking up the new TNGA cars - Camry, CH-R, Auris (new Corolla hatch). 

I saw one that does side by side comparison of current gen vs new- is like day and night difference. Am sure the new Corolla should be vastly improved handling and steering.

can share link that with side by side comparison, interested to know as well how it is different.. 

Siala start topic become so exciting  [shocked]

Anyways next Mazda 3 is launching end Nov so it will be interesting when the next jan of Jap cars reach our shores. To stay on topic I won't share pictures, but the spyshots look very similar to the Mazda 3 concept (go google it).

One thing we know for sure is that IRS on M3 is going :( Next one will be torsion beam instead, but let's wait to see how Mazda tunes it.

the brand new mz3 engine already test driven by redline reviews in USA.

It's quite interesting their new engine. But initial reports said the pre-production car engine is not that refined. But expected to be better tuned by launch.

Can i say altis is using torsion beam for all the past generation altis right? But when i sit behind an altis, i find the ride quite ok le, not bumpy.

yes. only this brand new corolla sedan will be the first one to have multi-link.

Hence it's good to see the corolla improving it's game against the elantra/cerato/civic/mz3

Oh i forgot, the current civic is also multi-link. 

One of the reasons why civics, mz3 have always handled better than the outgoing gen corollas.

But all still tuned for comfort lah. A less bumpier ride in the rear.

Edited by Lala81

yes. only this brand new corolla sedan will be the first one to have multi-link.

Hence it's good to see the corolla improving it's game against the elantra/cerato/civic/mz3

Oh i forgot, the current civic is also multi-link. 

One of the reasons why civics, mz3 have always handled better than the outgoing gen corollas.

But all still tuned for comfort lah. A less bumpier ride in the rear.

Yup Civic and Mazda 3 are the current ones with multilink. Brand new A class only A250 and above is multilink.

I was very impressed with Mazda's IRS, I rode at the back of a prev-gen one (the 2006 one which is 2 gens before current) on a road trip to MY. There's a exit to second link from the main highway that is a long u bend, can't remember the name. That is the only stock b/b car in its class I don't have to lean and grab the handle at normal speeds. Altis, Camry etc all lean way more. It will be a pity if the new Mz3 loses that ><

Yup Civic and Mazda 3 are the current ones with multilink. Brand new A class only A250 and above is multilink.

I was very impressed with Mazda's IRS, I rode at the back of a prev-gen one (the 2006 one which is 2 gens before current) on a road trip to MY. There's a exit to second link from the main highway that is a long u bend, can't remember the name. That is the only stock b/b car in its class I don't have to lean and grab the handle at normal speeds. Altis, Camry etc all lean way more. It will be a pity if the new Mz3 loses that ><

i30 has multi-link also.

European, Golf has multi-link

Seat b&b models, skoda octavia (non-VRS) locally only torsion beam.

Nowadays, apart from budget entry level cars can we see torsion beam, rear drum for cost reasons right?

My optra estate (just a b&b car) already has 4 wheel independent suspension and 4 wheel disc brake and it is now 12 years old. 

Nowadays, apart from budget entry level cars can we see torsion beam, rear drum for cost reasons right?

My optra estate (just a b&b car) already has 4 wheel independent suspension and 4 wheel disc brake and it is now 12 years old. 

chevy used to make strong healthy cars