Fibre TV and termination point

Rollagt

Can't find the letter now.  Prolly thrown away as staying with SH.

But the Singtel plus pluses were similar to SH but priced differently iirc.

But my missus did a price comparison of what we want, 2 X TV, 2 X STB and programmes etc  and even with the free 2 year free fibre internet she reckoned SH was still cheaper.

Not only that but even though SH have cut out most of the programmes I liked to watch, NBA, rugby, squash MLB etc etc, the SH programmes are still better than those available with Singtel.  imo.

I wonder if SH will have another even better offer than their S$1200 which run out on 15 December.

Some of the sports can get it for GBP20/annum via EUROSPORTS.

But need VPN.

• Praise 1

If you are using Homeplugs for TV then 600 Mbps is way more than you need.

Even if you are using for internet surfing then 600 Mbps is also way more than you need.

:D  

If you can get 600Mbps from Homeplug you should put your MIL on a pedestal and worship her. [laugh]

Depending on the quality of the power line, if the line is noisy, sometimes cannot even get 20Mbps. Happened to me before, the signal is so choppy that I returned the Homeplugs to the store and exchanged for something else.

Ever since then I sworn off Homeplugs, not worth the agony.

• Praise 1

If you can get 600Mbps from Homeplug you should put your MIL on a pedestal and worship her. [laugh]

Depending on the quality of the power line, if the line is noisy, sometimes cannot even get 20Mbps. Happened to me before, the signal is so choppy that I returned the Homeplugs to the store and exchanged for something else.

Ever since then I sworn off Homeplugs, not worth the agony.

With my MIL I don't use home plugs.

I use ear plugs.

• Praise 1

might as well see what will happen if/when M1 changes hands.

for phone plan, M1 handset is cheaper. But somehow, the voice quality call a bit sucky. Sometimes cannot switch or stuck to wifi calls.

Not sure why

for phone plan, M1 handset is cheaper. But somehow, the voice quality call a bit sucky. Sometimes cannot switch or stuck to wifi calls.

Not sure why

Is M1 worse than Starhub?

Japan just broadcasted their Kohaku Uta Gassen in 8K and we are still starting to move towards fibre and digital. [laugh]

'Experts agree: tech fans crazy for sharper resolution are sometimes paying for more pixels than their eyes can actually see. ... The number of pixels is quadrupled for 4K TVs, but experts say that in most cases, the human eye cannot even perceive the difference.'

So what's the point of 8k??

Guys.....can help me! My cable SH contract ends in August but they are moving to fibre in June. My fibre end point is about 7-10 metres away from my tv and should i convert to all fibre can my tv receive the signal as SH said that the distant between the fibre modem and the decoder should be less than 2 meter to get a good reception. Thinking of moving to mio but my son said that mio can be lagging at times. With starhub, will repeaters (not sure of the name) help with tv reception. Thank you in advance.

'Experts agree: tech fans crazy for sharper resolution are sometimes paying for more pixels than their eyes can actually see. ... The number of pixels is quadrupled for 4K TVs, but experts say that in most cases, the human eye cannot even perceive the difference.'

haolian factor 101.......see that a lot in my workplace......my tv 4k lar....my tv oled lar. I using my old lcd but still can see unless i want to the zit on ronaldo's face....

Guys.....can help me! My cable SH contract ends in August but they are moving to fibre in June. My fibre end point is about 7-10 metres away from my tv and should i convert to all fibre can my tv receive the signal as SH said that the distant between the fibre modem and the decoder should be less than 2 meter to get a good reception. Thinking of moving to mio but my son said that mio can be lagging at times. With starhub, will repeaters (not sure of the name) help with tv reception. Thank you in advance.

iptv-single-set-top-box-set-up.jpg

The ONT needs to be 2m to the TP but the TV set top box can far away - just need to connect with

an ethernet cable - this cable can be as long as 10, 20, 30m away. 

Its for men that needs to say

mine is bigger than yours.

So for a lot of men 8k is very important.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1