Reckless Cyclist

Brock

51 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

what's more striking for me is how well-lit (brightness as well as even distribution) our roads are at night. I was reminded of this when i started travelling again this year. Appreciate our road standards (not perfect, but still above average) a lot more. 

btw for this case, if cyclist saw it in advance, can bunny hop over it but if riding in tail-gating formation ( i mean peleton) then need to depend on the lead rider to avoid obstacle? 

There are some roads that are not so well lit like Penjuru Road.

On Wednesday, I was pulling 2 cyclists.  I didn't see the pothole until last moment.

Only the middle fellow fell into the pothole and had pinch flat.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

😅

It's a possibility 

Some potholes don't belong to LTA.

I reported 1 at Jln Buroh (City) outside of Esso Station.

PUB called me to update the work done.

So far, it has not been patched yet.

• Praise 2

18 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Cycling lane is for pussies. I am the hero.

Potential waste of resources...

chiobu must be way ahead...must overtake...😁

images.jpeg

• Haha! 2

22 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Cycling lane is for pussies. I am the hero.

i bring this up

'But I see no reason why cyclists should break the road laws, why they should speed, why they should bust red lights and be able to get away with it.”

If riders injure or kill pedestrians, mandatory insurance would allow the victims or their families to secure compensation in the same way they could make claims if someone was hit by a car or van.'

• Praise 3

5 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Potential waste of resources...

chiobu must be way ahead...must overtake...😁

images.jpeg

this picture is a guy being pushed into a colonoscopy room.... :D

• Haha! 3

50 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

May be got, but not big enough.😁

I think they also don't want to explain to the higher-ups if they recommend measures that are too stringent because then they would be pressed to explain how are those measures going to encourage more cycling for a car lite environment, something like such.

Who knows might be also that authorities had implied to them earlier not to rock the boat too hard.

Some things were probably just done for the sake of presentation to show that things have been discussed and conclusions done, even though the conclusions were already decided in default.

As a cycling enthusiast now, I am not in favour of having a licence plate affixed on the bike if it's big enough that can be seen.🤦

If it's small enough to prevent drag then can't see clearly.🤣

But we should ask how tour de France pros are being identified?

How marathon runners get identified?

Maybe put BAxxxxxX 

5digit number above the alphabet below.

But really troublesome to change for daily commuters, unless use clip belt like runners uses. 

Edited by Atonchia

27 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

As a cycling enthusiast now, I am not in favour of having a licence plate affixed on the bike if it's big enough that can be seen.🤦

If it's small enough to prevent drag then can't see clearly.🤣

But we should ask how tour de France pros are being identified?

How marathon runners get identified?

Maybe put BAxxxxxX 

5digit number above the alphabet below.

But really troublesome to change for daily commuters, unless use clip belt like runners uses. 

Lile this can? Streamline enough? :D

Just use NRIC/FIN/WP/EP number can already,  don't need simi sai registration. 

how-to-start-professional-bike-racing-1499802583-picsay.jpg.95078aec3fc72a95b7ce2e0758b01b5f.jpg

Just like cars with bike carrier blocking the rear licence plate that have to hang another plate on the bike being carried, if caught by TP not doing that,  just get fine only. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Just now, Vratenza said:

how-to-start-professional-bike-racing-1499802583-picsay.jpg.95078aec3fc72a95b7ce2e0758b01b5f.jpg

Just like cars with bike carrier blocking the rear licence plate that have to hang another plate on the bike being carried, if caught by TP not doing that,  just get fine only. 

then i will use the IC of the boss i hate! @Jamesc will use his MIL IC! whahahahahaha

• Haha! 8

3 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

then i will use the IC of the boss i hate! @Jamesc will use his MIL IC! whahahahahaha

Sure can,  but if kena posted online and the boss knows about it... Be prepared to be bbq ler bbq ler bbq ler :D

• Haha! 4

11 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

This should apply to all cyclists incl children below 12.

The most dangerous place now is PCN and the pedestrian walkway.

• Praise 2

29 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

You meant SXXXJ, T1234X etc

• Haha! 1

26 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Sure can,  but if kena posted online and the boss knows about it... Be prepared to be bbq ler bbq ler bbq ler :D

Don't pray pray ah...

Misuse of identity is criminal offence

• Praise 4

Ask you all.  Can this be mistaken to be a cycling lane? I see many foreign workers cycling there and sometimes they cycle straight past the traffic light when it's a left turning lane. 

This is near the woodlands dormitory.  Near the Sembawang naval base.

IMG-20220821-WA0020.jpg

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Ask you all.  Can this be mistaken to be a cycling lane? I see many foreign workers cycling there and sometimes they cycle straight past the traffic light when it's a left turning lane. 

This is near the woodlands dormitory.  Near the Sembawang naval base.

IMG-20220821-WA0020.jpg

This is confirmed not cycling lane.  A lot of foreign workers cannot manage our fast moving traffic

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3