Reckless Cyclist

Brock

12 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Go meet BYK?  Where and what time? 

Join him with his round Singapore National Day cycling tour? 

Smartest ppl in MCF say dun let people cycle on the road without licence and proper cycling lanes. Not practical? Donvt cycle pn road at all lor? We can live without a tour de france champion

You sure he can do RTI?

He just recovered from cancer.

Smartest ppl in MCF said to who?
Whenever there is feedback to AMTF, no one from driving community go le.

↡ Advertisement

22 hours ago, Spurman said:

Thats why cyclist like these gives cyslist so much bad name. Shame.

He was actually cycling on the double yellow line most of the time.

So indeed the mini bus was passing really very close to him.

Also silly of him to confront the driver. He had a go-pro cam can just submit to TP for dangerous driving. Since bus driver was challenged he just purposely drive closer to cyclist.

• Haha! 3

Today morning about 5.30am whilst riding along Changi Coast Road  with friend (on demarkated Red Bike lanes) a cement mixer had just crashed maybe not more than 2-5  minutes earlier with the heat coming out from the underbelly  , turned like almost turtle  with some hot cement oozing out.... 2 men were putting cones up ...... I shudder to think how this could have even happened in the dead of night .... fast forward passing it back again on the opposite direction at about 7.00 am the workers could be seen with wheel barrows like doing the clean up mess, with a huge tow truck with cranes (sorry no pix) was just riding full octane.... minding my own biz..... dangerous to stop or slow down also, actually        

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

Today morning about 5.30am whilst riding along Changi Coast Road  with friend (on demarkated Red Bike lanes) a cement mixer had just crashed maybe not more than 2-5  minutes earlier with the heat coming out from the underbelly  , turned like almost turtle  with some hot cement oozing out.... 2 men were putting cones up ...... I shudder to think how this could have even happened in the dead of night .... fast forward passing it back again on the opposite direction at about 7.00 am the workers could be seen with wheel barrows like doing the clean up mess, with a huge tow truck with cranes (sorry no pix) was just riding full octane.... minding my own biz..... dangerous to stop or slow down also, actually        

Still waiting for the reckless cyclist to make a grand entrance leh... 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

Because of such drivers that's why some BTO projects got delayed because the truck drivers cocked up the deliveries.

• Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Atonchia said:

He was actually cycling on the double yellow line most of the time.

So indeed the mini bus was passing really very close to him.

Also silly of him to confront the driver. He had a go-pro cam can just submit to TP for dangerous driving. Since bus driver was challenged he just purposely drive closer to cyclist.

I would have to agree with you. He seems to be riding a foldable bike and keeping to the extreme left before kanna overtaken by the mini bus. 

It looks like the mini bus already long horned the cyclist from way back while executing a closer than comfortable pass, intentional or not only he knows. To the driver of the mini bus, maybe he really thinks cyclist cannot be in bus lane. 

Come think of it, such tan jiak driver such as the mini bus driver who drives for a living should just siam cyclists whenever possible. You don't want to be caught in an accident with a cyclist. Also, just filter out to the right and overtake lah. The traffic doesn't seem that packed. Why cannot see open leh? 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

27 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

I would have to agree with you. He seems to be riding a foldable bike and keeping to the extreme left before kanna overtaken by the mini bus. 

It looks like the mini bus already long horned the cyclist from way back while executing a closer than comfortable pass, intentional or not only he knows. To the driver of the mini bus, maybe he really thinks cyclist cannot be in bus lane. 

Come think of it, such tan jiak driver such as the mini bus driver who drives for a living should just siam cyclists whenever possible. You don't want to be caught in an accident with a cyclist. Also, just filter out to the right and overtake lah. The traffic doesn't seem that packed. Why cannot see open leh? 

Probably don't feel happy.

The video show the bus driver intentionally block the cyclist into the bus bay and from the video can see the bus was almost touching the lines of the bus bay = to edge of kerb beyond the left side of double yellow lines. 

This cyclist didn't break the side mirror and the bus driver want to repeat the Pasir Ris lorry driver case.🤦

• Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Probably don't feel happy.

The video show the bus driver intentionally block the cyclist into the bus bay and from the video can see the bus was almost touching the lines of the bus bay = to edge of kerb beyond the left side of double yellow lines. 

This cyclist didn't break the side mirror and the bus driver want to repeat the Pasir Ris lorry driver case.🤦

I only see from the video that bus driver kept shouting who say you can be in bus lane?! who ?! who say can ?!

The cyclist should just reply him say PAP, AMAP, TP and LTA say can 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

19 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

I only see from the video that bus driver kept shouting who say you can be in bus lane?! who ?! who say can ?!

This is another one of those: "should I insist to be right or should I be dead/maimed.'

• Haha! 6

9 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Bicycle people should go and disturb all the sbs bus :XD: especially orchard road lah cbd lah Bukit Timah lah

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

Just now, Mustank said:

Bicycle people should go and disturb all the sbs bus :XD: especially orchard road lah cbd lah Bukit Timah lah

From what I've gathered from my friends who are avid cyclists, SBS drivers are usually well trained to be aware of cyclists in bus lanes and they will give space. The jialat ones are TowerTransit and SMRT bus drivers, more impatient and less awareness 😆

• Haha! 5

53 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

From what I've gathered from my friends who are avid cyclists, SBS drivers are usually well trained to be aware of cyclists in bus lanes and they will give space. The jialat ones are TowerTransit and SMRT bus drivers, more impatient and less awareness 😆

Agree, Most public bus drivers are able to accommodate sufficient space to cyclists. 

Usually are mini buses and some commercial vehicles driving closer to cyclists.

After dropping my kids at school, sometimes there are commuting cyclists in the morning. If I know the buses going to pass by, will drive more towards the right of the lane as buses will be taking into 2nd lane space. 

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Mustank said:

I ride regularly along Bkt Timah Road/Dunearn Road before 7am.  SBS bus always give wide berth for overtaking.

My only issue has always been the f jam outside Nanyang Girl.  2 left lanes unpassable 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Mustank said:

Two Saturday mornings ago, I was on SBS bus to Orchard Rd. A cyclist was on the full-day bus-lanes from Tangs all the way forward. This was a commuter cyclist, not those decked out in leotards. This lady cyclist was cycling at a reasonable speed. She was within her rights to cycle in the bus lane well to the left of the bus lane. However as the bus-lane width is only bus-wide and being a Saturday, the adjacent lane was packed with cars. A row of buses (6 or 7 single or double deckers) were held up as the buses could not swing out to over take the cyclist safely.

The buses were forced to follow the cyclist till a junction when the cyclist took left to allow the buses to pass her. 400 people in 7 buses held-up by a single cyclist who was keeping to the law. 

I am not judging but telling the facts of the cyclists allowed to be in bus lanes and safe-passing distance.  

• Praise 7

4 minutes ago, serenade said:

Two Saturday mornings ago, I was on SBS bus to Orchard Rd. A cyclist was on the full-day bus-lanes from Tangs all the way forward. This was a commuter cyclist, not those decked out in leotards. This lady cyclist was cycling at a reasonable speed. She was within her rights to cycle in the bus lane well to the left of the bus lane. However as the bus-lane width is only bus-wide and being a Saturday, the adjacent lane was packed with cars. A row of buses (6 or 7 single or double deckers) were held up as the buses could not swing out to over take the cyclist safely.

The buses were forced to follow the cyclist till a junction when the cyclist took left to allow the buses to pass her. 400 people in 7 buses held-up by a single cyclist who was keeping to the law. 

I am not judging but telling the facts of the cyclists allowed to be in bus lanes and safe-passing distance.  

No choice, unless the govt says no cycling on certain roads during certain hours. Else, I don't see how this situation can be avoided. I guess Saturday morning on Orchard Rd is still not as bad as Monday morning peak hour along CBD bus lane. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

37 minutes ago, serenade said:

That is exactly what I have been asking. 

No one seem to be able to be able to even begin moving the elephant out of the room.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1