Reckless Cyclist

Brock

Hypersonic
28 minutes ago, Beregond said:

jiba boombz, ( dun know what happen)

Not often that I praise cyclists but this one job well done! Take out the driver... and himself 😬

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

The bicycle looks expensive... 

Wonder why these cyclist insist on riding along stretches that king kong lorries ply on daily basis? 

Hoping to catch turbulence for drafting? :D

• Haha! 1

43 minutes ago, Beregond said:

jiba boombz, ( dun know what happen)

That cyclist.....his pose looks like a boss waiting to be served.

• Haha! 2

38 minutes ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

That cyclist.....his pose looks like a boss waiting to be served.

The lorry was speeding for sure. but looking at position of the dent in front of the lorry, the cyclist was travellig in the middle of the lane or even towards the right of the lane.  If he had kept to the road side, he might have avoided the accident.  Not saying he was wrong, but this is an example how one could avoid paying for someone else mistake. Hope he did not suffere major injuries. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
2 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Quoted from a fb posting:

"... 2aug2022

42 myanmar cyclist sue Land Transport Authority for injury which happened at changi point coast walk on 6jan2021.

quoted from local news

The man sues the utility services department

The defendant is a 42-year-old man who is driving insulin (TikTok). On January 16, 2021 at 5:27 pm, he was riding a bicycle on the Changi Point Coastal Walk, the front wheel got stuck on the grating cover and fell down on the road and lost consciousness and was later sent to Changi General Hospital for first aid.

According to the medical report, the accused had acute subarachnoid bleeding, multiple fractures on the face, injuries on the shoulder, causing weakness in the right hand and legs, and the wound also left scars.

The plaintiff is going to the Supreme Court and suing the Public Works Department. Although he did not specify the amount of the claims, the claims handled by the high court generally jumped at 250,000 dollars."

"脚车前轮卡沟渠盖跌伤 男子起诉公用事业局

起诉人是42岁的缅甸籍男子貌貌昂素寿(译音)。他于2021年1月16日傍晚5时27分,在樟宜尾沿岸步道(Changi Point Coastal Walk)一带骑脚车时,前轮卡在栅式沟渠盖(grating cover)上,结果倒在路上,一度失去意识,事后被送往樟宜综合医院急救。

据医药报告显示,起诉人急性蛛网膜下腔(subarachnoid)出血、脸部多处骨折、脊椎受创、导致右手和双脚无力、伤口还留下疤痕。

起诉人因此入禀高庭,起诉公用事业局。他虽然没有注明索赔数额,但高庭处理的索赔案,一般在25万元起跳。"

296402958_168514712368774_7952815964794972944_n.jpg.632febe0112fa72667fb21208961d94a.jpg

297245697_168514839035428_7923275929231136043_n.thumb.jpg.32bf9e932aa3393393413cf5a5858050.jpg

So if there is a piece of debris on the road, a motorcycle ran over it, lost balance and crash, is the cyclist going to sue NEA for not cleaning up the road? 

In the same argument, in the past, some people pointed out the grating cover on some flyovers may potentially caused vehicle to skid. So can sue also?

Anyway, the gaps between the grating is not the caused here. It is the gap between the edge of the grating cover and concrete edge of the drain that is trapping the wheel. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Quoted from a fb posting:

"... 2aug2022

42 myanmar cyclist sue Land Transport Authority for injury which happened at changi point coast walk on 6jan2021.

quoted from local news

The man sues the utility services department

The defendant is a 42-year-old man who is driving insulin (TikTok). On January 16, 2021 at 5:27 pm, he was riding a bicycle on the Changi Point Coastal Walk, the front wheel got stuck on the grating cover and fell down on the road and lost consciousness and was later sent to Changi General Hospital for first aid.

According to the medical report, the accused had acute subarachnoid bleeding, multiple fractures on the face, injuries on the shoulder, causing weakness in the right hand and legs, and the wound also left scars.

The plaintiff is going to the Supreme Court and suing the Public Works Department. Although he did not specify the amount of the claims, the claims handled by the high court generally jumped at 250,000 dollars."

"脚车前轮卡沟渠盖跌伤 男子起诉公用事业局

起诉人是42岁的缅甸籍男子貌貌昂素寿(译音)。他于2021年1月16日傍晚5时27分,在樟宜尾沿岸步道(Changi Point Coastal Walk)一带骑脚车时,前轮卡在栅式沟渠盖(grating cover)上,结果倒在路上,一度失去意识,事后被送往樟宜综合医院急救。

据医药报告显示,起诉人急性蛛网膜下腔(subarachnoid)出血、脸部多处骨折、脊椎受创、导致右手和双脚无力、伤口还留下疤痕。

起诉人因此入禀高庭,起诉公用事业局。他虽然没有注明索赔数额,但高庭处理的索赔案,一般在25万元起跳。"

296402958_168514712368774_7952815964794972944_n.jpg.632febe0112fa72667fb21208961d94a.jpg

297245697_168514839035428_7923275929231136043_n.thumb.jpg.32bf9e932aa3393393413cf5a5858050.jpg

I stupid so I sue ppl hoping to cure my own stupidity.

• Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Gizmore said:

So if there is a piece of debris on the road, a motorcycle ran over it, lost balance and crash, is the cyclist going to sue NEA for not cleaning up the road? 

In the same argument, in the past, some people pointed out the grating cover on some flyovers may potentially caused vehicle to skid. So can sue also?

Anyway, the gaps between the grating is not the caused here. It is the gap between the edge of the grating cover and concrete edge of the drain that is trapping the wheel. 

If he wins the case, we will start to see a lot of cyclists getting trapped by drain covers. 🤣

• Haha! 3

Just now, Ct3833 said:

If he wins the case, we will start to see a lot of cyclists getting trapped by drain covers. 🤣

It happens to @BanCoe. Luckily his kungfu 👍🏻

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, Gizmore said:

This coming sunday , if during soccer any of my team mate trip and inj, i gonna advice them to sue sg sport😂

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

This coming sunday , if during soccer any of my team mate trip and inj, i gonna advice them to sue sg sport😂

If they have the money, why not?

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, inlinesix said:

It happens to @BanCoe. Luckily his kungfu 👍🏻

Wah ! U can remember - I forgot all about it , complained once to LTA for Marine Parade road and within 2 weeks they changed the  metal drain gratings to different directional type ( not parallel to road  plates anymore ) …….. must be at least about 20-30 of them 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

Not everyone Grabfood riders are bad road users as there are indeed many good ones; but the bad ones like this really tainted the general public perception. ://

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, DOBIEMKZ said:

Not everyone Grabfood riders are bad road users as there are indeed many good ones; but the bad ones like this really tainted the general public perception. ://

Head din even turn to check before the bike start changing course.

If this one have driving/bike licence, I am willing to give up my own class 3 licence. 

• Haha! 1