Singhealth kanna hack!

RadX

I have one question only: Where to apply for such a job?

I think with my non-IT qualifications, I could have done the exactly the same thing that those key personnels have so far shown to be doing ---------> which is exactly NOTHING.

Again let me refer to the IHiS mantra:

:D

So we are very wrong to blame the doctors' pay for the escalation of our medical cost.

It is these CBL IT staff that caused the escalation of our medical cost.

:o

↡ Advertisement

I am more interested in the final verdict after all these findings were revealed (read: How can the relevant ministry and minister "escape" this time, with so much concrete evidences of lapse / failure in multiple areas) [speechless]  [knife]  [knife] 

Imagine if the same were to happen in a private organization, heads would have rolled...

• Praise 6

"The hearing did not address who - if anyone at all - was appointed to cover Mr Tan's duties when he went on leave.

There were also no details given on whether his subordinates reported the suspicious network activities to other superiors during Mr Tan's absence."

Management is top down.

If the staff is on leave he direct superior is responsible.

No such thing as if the staff is on leave and his work is not done his staff is responsible.

Really no such thing. Power can be delegated downwards but responsibility cannot be delegated downwards.

So the most important question here is who is his superior and what was he or she doing?

So it's the classic not me, not my fault, it's not even my job excuse.

The old excuses are always the best.

You are spot-on. His boss approve the leave, if there is no system to cover, then boss assumes responsibility.

Do hope that it's not another $1 pte ltd company, or are we seeing the effects of lowest-quote-win-bid services??

• Praise 1

Exploited server in SingHealth cyber attack did not get security update for 14 months, COI finds

At the COI hearing into the breach, Mr Tan Aik Chin, a senior manager of cancer service registry and development at the National Cancer Centre Singapore (NCCS), testified that he became the "convenient" custodian of the server in question.

On paper, he was not supposed to manage the server, but he had been doing so in practice since 2014.

Because the server is located at the NCCS, his counterparts at IHiS felt it was "convenient" to give him the username and password for the administrator account of this server "in case they need me to help", he said before the four-member committee on Thursday.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/hacked-singhealth-server-had-not-had-security-update-for-14-months-cyber-attack-coi-finds

[speechless]

• Praise 3

No security updates for more than 1 year?

Wow...

With data security getting more and more risky with more threats, their security is still so lapse.

Please don't blame complacent people.

I know all about complacent people as I am a complacent person myself.

And I can tell you there is nothing a complacent person can do to improve themselves.

Absolutely nothing. If I can really improve then I am not complacent.

Paying these people millions don't really prevent corruptions but instead invoke more complacencies.
  • Praise 1

i think these guys were just IT administrators. then now suddenly this cyber security thing come up and jit ba boom in their face [laugh]

Ya lor.. Sway Jiao.. Haiz..

This really make a mockery of the smart nation initiative.

well, there is a reason why we abandon all govt server to the internet and lock down.

I used to think it curbs the skiver to book the budget airline during the holiday period and posting their Facebook social media. So cut off the link and voila, everyone uses the handphone to book their trip. 

Now we know, thats not the case, as the lapse is getting really stupidly unreal.

When i read that this guy who manage the sunrise server had to handle the run of the query to run and return shocking results, I almost fell off the chair. 

You mean the staff could not even provide due diligence to validate what happen ??

it takes courageous, loads of it to own up to the fact that convenience still replaces common sense.

I would hope they drill deep down into who wrote the policy for this convenience and get to the bottom of this mess.

Be it accountable or responsible individual. They really need to be able to look in the mirror each day and still be able to walk to the office each day. Or have they become so immune and treat the place like an ATM machine. 

This is almost as dumb as the signing off on work not performed by the staff which in my opinion is stealing for work not done. for the MRT pump that causes a flooding.

• Praise 4

This is the real example of raiding the reserves and wasting public money ....paying this bunch of non-performing IT administrators housed under 1 roof.

Flow of Tax-Payers' money:

Government grant and subsidies to the public hospitals -->

public hospitals have no real choice but to engage IHiS pte ltd to manage their IT infrastructure -->

easy money for IHiS since they already have the largest pool of ready customers  under the public hospitals (what tender system?) --->

money used to pay this bunch of non-performing IT administrators and their bonuses.

well, there is a reason why we abandon all govt server to the internet and lock down.

I used to think it curbs the skiver to book the budget airline during the holiday period and posting their Facebook social media. So cut off the link and voila, everyone uses the handphone to book their trip. 

Now we know, thats not the case, as the lapse is getting really stupidly unreal.

When i read that this guy who manage the sunrise server had to handle the run of the query to run and return shocking results, I almost fell off the chair. 

You mean the staff could not even provide due diligence to validate what happen ??

it takes courageous, loads of it to own up to the fact that convenience still replaces common sense.

I would hope they drill deep down into who wrote the policy for this convenience and get to the bottom of this mess.

Be it accountable or responsible individual. They really need to be able to look in the mirror each day and still be able to walk to the office each day. Or have they become so immune and treat the place like an ATM machine. 

This is almost as dumb as the signing off on work not performed by the staff which in my opinion is stealing for work not done. for the MRT pump that causes a flooding.

• Praise 4

The IT industry supposed to be flooded with CECAdians.  But this singhealth kenna hacked saga, those names who apparently getting the blame are all local chinese.

This is the real example of raiding the reserves and wasting public money ....paying this bunch of non-performing IT administrators housed under 1 roof.

Flow of Tax-Payers' money:

Government grant and subsidies to the public hospitals -->

public hospitals have no real choice but to engage IHiS pte ltd to manage their IT infrastructure -->

easy money for IHiS since they already have the largest pool of ready customers  under the public hospitals (what tender system?) --->

money used to pay this bunch of non-performing IT administrators and their bonuses.

One thing that amazes me is the level of IT layer.

You got IHIS and you have some layer called MOHH ?

Are they one and the same, or its because everyone expects the other party to do the choice role and task and no one gets to do the right thing?.  

After this, I bet going to spend some more money to rebrand and reset the public memory.

More importantly, where is the money coming from to patch the mistakes of years of neglect.

The IT industry supposed to be flooded with CECAdians. But this singhealth kenna hacked saga, those names who apparently getting the blame are all local chinese.

I don't understand.

Are you implying that it is not true that Indians are flooding the it industry?

Or that locals are the scapegoat?

Civil serpants are a strong incumbent base. And the fear of govt being able to tekan you based on who you voted for is still quite real within that grp. Oppo has been trying to change this mindset so and make people think they can vote freely without career consequences. But you know la, better to be Kia see otherwise how to pay for your hdb if you lose your job?

Edited by Kusje

Problem is we don't pay peanuts... Yet all the monkeys just.congregate at IHIS pte ltd. 

You see some of the Linkin profile of those names mentioned in the inquiry, most of them are with the company since inauguration. Either the company pays them very well for the actual work they need to do or they really have no market value outside of the company. 

Er.... you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.... can’t expect too much from mediocre people

• Praise 1

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/hacked-singhealth-server-had-not-had-security-update-for-14-months-cyber-attack-coi-finds

Fake news spotted

SINGAPORE - A server exploited by hackers to ultimately reach SingHealth's critical system, leading to Singapore's worst data breach in June, had not received the necessary security software updates for more than a year.

Servers are typically patched several times a month.

Server are patch serveral times a year. Not servers times a month.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

Fake news spotted

SINGAPORE - A server exploited by hackers to ultimately reach SingHealth's critical system, leading to Singapore's worst data breach in June, had not received the necessary security software updates for more than a year.

Servers are typically patched several times a month.

Server are patch serveral times a year. Not servers times a month.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1