WORX Hydroshot Portable Power Cleaner

Guys, just checking what is the best shampoo to use with Worx? Any recommendation?

I use the Chemical Guys Honeydew shampoo previously though.

You going to snow foam or regular wash? Regular wash, doesn't really matter.

How about snow foam? Any recommendations?

Which shampoo from Chemical Guys are the best?

I do double wash.

Pre wash, foam spray with foam lance using shampoo that have good foam, eg, fireball active snow. Let it soak and work on the wheel, rub here and there. Worx off everything thing.

Proceed with hand wash with hydrophobic shampoo in buckle, eg, tac system mystic bubble. I don't shampoo the car windows. Worx off everything.

Towel dry the car and clean the windows with 3M foam glass cleaner with 3M glass cleaning cloth.

I do double wash.

Pre wash, foam spray with foam lance using shampoo that have good foam, eg, fireball active snow. Let it soak and work on the wheel, rub here and there. Worx off everything thing.

Proceed with hand wash with hydrophobic shampoo in buckle, eg, tac system mystic bubble. I don't shampoo the car windows. Worx off everything.

Towel dry the car and clean the windows with 3M foam glass cleaner with 3M glass cleaning cloth.

I see. You mean using the provided shampoo dispenser bottle and use active snow foam shampoo. I will probably get the snow foam from chemical guys instead.

I also have one of these so called pressure washers, but stopped using as its troublesome and not very effective. IMO get a magic hose and connect directly to MSCP water dispenser is better.

I also have one of these so called pressure washers, but stopped using as its troublesome and not very effective. IMO get a magic hose and connect directly to MSCP water dispenser is better.

Ya. I find with Worx, you can really save water and take your time since the water is already in the pail. Of course, the chore of carrying the equipment, charging it's battery and assembling those parts a bit sian.

Nevertheless, I like the flexibility of shifting the pail and taking my time to spray whenever I want.

The only downside of using such equipment, in my opinion especially for HDB MSCP, you can only do it when there's no other car washing beside you. If not, you will probably spray onto his vehicle and create unpleasantness (especially during foaming).

So I usually do it in the wee hours to reduce the chances of anybody else washing their car, however, the noise of the motor couple with the silence and hollow MSCP will tend to amplify it's noise. So far, I have not received any complain from the residence but I'm prepared to stop it upon receiving any complain.

No need power socket outlet. Buy a suitable inverter and connect to your car battery. Connect the pressure washer to the inverter. Ta da.

Trying to keep the inverter dry while washing the car is the tricky part. The invert needs to "breathe" as it dissipates heat so cannot cover it up. Wire too long, voltage drop. Just a few considerations. But its doable.

Wow bro how big an inverter do you use? Always thought those mains powered pressure washer need 1000+ watts which is too much for car battery to supply? In fact I remember ST feature one guy who owns a PEUGEOT. He car wash siao. Has his own generator for his pressure washer!

Can provide more info on your setup? I’m curious!

Just to share that XiaoMi has came out its own Power Jet called the Jimmy.

It looks good and pressure is quite strong, price is quite competitive with Worx though.

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/READY-STOCK-XIAOMI-JIMMY-HANDHELD-WIRELESS-WASHING-GUN-FROM/646233921

Interesting that it comes with 5 batteries that last 45 min each!

I wonder why?

Interesting that it comes with 5 batteries that last 45 min each!

IMHO,  my understanding is that the 20V battery pack have 5 battery cells (2500mAh each ) inside. 

The battery pack can last 45 mins. 

The only part I am not convinced is how the battery pack can last for 45mins if the 180W motor is run at maximum.

The battery pack based on 2500mAh @ 20V is likely to last 15 mins or so. 

P.S.  Not sure if my calculation is correct.   [laugh]

You need a more powerful cordless pressure washer.   [:p]

IMHO, my understanding is that the 20V battery pack have 5 battery cells (2500mAh each ) inside.

The only part I am not convinced is how the battery pack can last for 45mins if the 180W motor is run at maximum.

P.S. Not sure if my calculation is correct. [laugh]

You need a more powerful cordless pressure washer. [:p]

Oh! 5 cells in a single battery ... Chey haha

Yeah your calculations are correct I think. I think these washers all around 15 min continuous operation.

IMHO, my understanding is that the 20V battery pack have 5 battery cells (2500mAh each ) inside.

P.S. Not sure if my calculation is correct. [laugh]

You need a more powerful cordless pressure washer. [:p]

Yeah your calculations are correct I think. I think these washers all around 15 min continuous operation.

Just checking those using Worx Orange set, how many batteries you have for your regular car wash, I think one battery is not sufficient if you want to have a better wash.

IMHO,  any washer should have at least 2 battery. 

A battery output may shorten over time especially if the often used till low percentage. 

Also,  the supplier may just stop carrying the item or its spares. 

I usually ask if they are able to supply additional batteries. 

May be able to DIY but troublesome.

Just checking those using Worx Orange set, how many batteries you have for your regular car wash, I think one battery is not sufficient if you want to have a better wash.

It claimed to be able to operate at max pressure for 15mins with default battery and think it's about right.

For my car wash, a SUV, I have not encountered once that my battery couldn't last. At full charge, there's 3 LEDs will light up and at the end of my wash, it left with 1 LED. Even though I have a 4.0Ah spare battery but I didn't get the chance to use it.

My routine includes pre-wash (just spraying all over the car and spots), foaming and lastly washing off the foam. Usually 2x 20cents coin used for such routine.

It claimed to be able to operate at max pressure for 15mins with default battery and think it's about right.

For my car wash, a SUV, I have not encountered once that my battery couldn't last. At full charge, there's 3 LEDs will light up and at the end of my wash, it left with 1 LED. Even though I have a 4.0Ah spare battery but I didn't get the chance to use it.

My routine includes pre-wash (just spraying all over the car and spots), foaming and lastly washing off the foam. Usually 2x 20cents coin used for such routine.

I see. It will not be sufficient for my detailed type of car wash as I like to spray snow foam on each portion of the car and spray clean with clean water after wiping with cloth on that area.

I haven't used mine to wash my car yet, BUT I was testing it out in the bathroom and decided to use it to wash the bathroom down haha.

I first used it with the foam cannon to spray detergent on everything.

Then used it to rinse the whole bathroom down.

I think used about 1.5 buckets (~30 litres) of water. Still had some power left in the battery, although it showed 1 bar left.

So, my conclusion is you'll probably run out of water first. I think can wash 1 car if you're efficient and systematic.

IMHO,  my understanding is that the 20V battery pack have 5 battery cells (2500mAh each ) inside. 

P.S.  Not sure if my calculation is correct.   [laugh]

You need a more powerful cordless pressure washer.   [:p]

I had a look at the Xiaomi Jimmy specs again.

it is indeed 5 cells of 2500mAh. 

I find the design a bit nicer than the Worx though. Qoo10 has it for $180 but don't think got warranty. In terms of performance I think the same as Worx. But charges faster.

Xiaomi-Jimmy-washer-j-780x405.jpg

Xiaomi-JIMMY-JW31-Cordless-Pressure-Wash20181106143510_68029.jpg

This is the hardcore DIY car wash guy who has a honda generator to power his car polisher and vacuum cleaner!! Sorry made a mistake, not pressure washer haha. I think this pic for show only lah haha.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/grooming-obsession

st_20161008_jyc08i_2648090.jpg

I had a look at the Xiaomi Jimmy specs again.

it is indeed 5 cells of 2500mAh. 

I find the design a bit nicer than the Worx though. Qoo10 has it for $180 but don't think got warranty. In terms of performance I think the same as Worx. But charges faster.

Xiaomi-Jimmy-washer-j-780x405.jpg

Xiaomi-JIMMY-JW31-Cordless-Pressure-Wash20181106143510_68029.jpg

This is the hardcore DIY car wash guy who has a honda generator to power his car polisher and vacuum cleaner!! Sorry made a mistake, not pressure washer haha. I think this pic for show only lah haha.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/grooming-obsession

st_20161008_jyc08i_2648090.jpg

Today. battery technology for cordless tool has already exceed 1500W.

Corded ones are being replaced by cordless ones.    [cool]

I used to use 12v vacuum and 12v pressure washer.

Now, it is 36v cordless pressure washer, 18v vacuum and 18v blower. 

[cool]

I felt that the Worx is heavy at the handle.  Maybe the Xiaomi Jimmy would be more balanced. 

Edited by Kklee
↡ Advertisement