Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 2:09 PM, Lala81 said:

bah bah one. Very friendly though. 

TBH i prefer those aunty type of missy. Lao Jiao type. 
It's hard to set plug or draw blood for me. I have not many veins on my forearm and some of my veins are bit spoilt. 
The CT scan 2 weeks ago, got a younger one at the plug setting room. I sorta expected she can't set for me. 2 tries fail already. I have a fair pain tolerance so just suck it up. 
Not an easy job, so i won't blame her.

In the end, transfer to the lao jiao missy to get the job done. 

I very scare of IV plug or draw blood cause i find most missy not that skillful even it is their job to do this. Most doctor also no good in draw blood. Lol. If can find good missy to do it, is like striking TOTO.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

On 9/12/2024 at 3:20 PM, 13177 said:

I very scare of IV plug or draw blood cause i find most missy not that skillful even it is their job to do this. Most doctor also no good in draw blood. Lol. If can find good missy to do it, is like striking TOTO.

I do blood test every 6 months. No scared.... But always missy doing it. Doctors too overpaid to draw blood lah! 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 3:41 PM, Volvobrick said:

I do blood test every 6 months. No scared.... But always missy doing it. Doctors too overpaid to draw blood lah! 

I draw blood everyday leh. Though I only consider my skill average or median. 

Hypersonic

That missy should be quite skillful la, that's why you no scare? Or you default no scare draw blood, so who do it also no scare. Lol.

Doctors too overpaid to draw blood? No wonder most doctor quite bad in drawing blood?! Lol.

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 3:51 PM, Lala81 said:

I draw blood everyday leh. Though I only consider my skill average or median. 

You draw blood everyday also skill is average or median? 😅 Thought practice makes perfect?

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 3:54 PM, 13177 said:

That missy should be quite skillful la, that's why you no scare? Or you default no scare draw blood, so who do it also no scare. Lol.

Doctors too overpaid to draw blood? No wonder most doctor quite bad in drawing blood?! Lol.

At polyclinic and SGH, drawing blood is done by the lab staff, who whole day is just draw blood.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 9/12/2024 at 3:54 PM, 13177 said:

I never scared blood drawing one. Usually will stare at my arm see how they poke.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 4:00 PM, Ender said:

At polyclinic and SGH, drawing blood is done by the lab staff, who whole day is just draw blood.

Sometimes drawing of blood also must depends on the veins of the person and maybe some luck. I heard before drawing blood is done by lab staff who's job is to draw blood whole day, and yet can failed in drawing blood from a person. 

last time army do medic training buddy buddy poke each other is the most painful traumatic experience i've ever had. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 9/12/2024 at 3:55 PM, 13177 said:

You draw blood everyday also skill is average or median? 😅 Thought practice makes perfect?

Its a skill just like any other thing. Relative. Obviously I don't compare to normal nurses or what. 

I'm much closer to the apex than further. But I consider my skills only mid. My colleagues are better than me. 

I'm not very good at setting plugs since I tend to second guess and it requires a bit of psychomotor. 

My psycho motor is really below average. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 5:28 PM, Matoonia said:

last time army do medic training buddy buddy poke each other is the most painful traumatic experience i've ever had. 

I remember whenever came back from overseas training, need to go medical centre to draw blood, those medic all no licence de, included those regular. Can poke until arm got swollen or fainted still no blood got drawn. 😅

• Haha! 3

(edited)
On 9/12/2024 at 1:13 PM, MX-5 said:

@Lala81 like you, I have slightly lower heart rate as well. My own theory is that our heart rate range is at lower end ie lower low and lower high.. eg, when I was doing spin bike exercises, my heart rate 160+ I already feel like collapsing.. whereas I have friends who run; heart rate can hit 170s and he’s still fine. Few years back; when I was jogging a lot; my heart rate while sleeping occasionally fall below 40 bpm. As I focus more on strength rather than cardio in last few years; it has never gone below 40 anymore. 

had similar low hr when sleeping, should i also do more strength training instead to increase above 40?

(going to ask doc when arranging for health check in future)

Edited by Gunzy

(edited)
On 9/12/2024 at 8:10 PM, 13177 said:

I remember whenever came back from overseas training, need to go medical centre to draw blood, those medic all no licence de, included those regular. Can poke until arm got swollen or fainted still no blood got drawn. 😅

lol, tell me abt, suffered wat u mentioned before when i had high fever during bmt, kenna poked till the 4th try then successfully setup for iv drips... but alas, when their encik came in, was told they poked wrongly and had to pushed out the liquid 🙃 in the end asked me to drink many 1.5l of water n to bath under the shower many times when at the sickbay 😤

Next day both arm swollen n hardened still kenna do pull ups n push ups as usual...really kns😣 😅

Edited by Gunzy
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 11:38 PM, Gunzy said:

lol, tell me abt, suffered wat u mentioned before when i had high fever during bmt, kenna poked till the 4th try then successfully setup for iv drips... but alas, when their encik came in, was told they poked wrongly and had to pushed out the liquid 🙃 in the end asked me to drink many 1.5l of water n to bath under the shower many times when at the sickbay 😤

Next day both arm swollen n hardened still kenna do pull ups n push ups as usual...really kns😣 😅

Lucky i never fall sick throughout my army days until need to do IV drip. Except the drawing of blood after overseas training trip. When i see the medical centre and those medic, i stay far far from them as i could. Lol.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 11:29 PM, Gunzy said:

had similar low hr when sleeping, should i also do more strength training instead to increase above 40?

(going to ask doc when arranging for health check in future)

Don't need to worry about your heart rate unless it's irregular. Having a lower heart rate when sleeping is just normal. 

There's no need to track heart rate when sleeping. 

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 3:20 PM, 13177 said:

KNN more like you suay siao lah, and you are the this scare that scare, what can you not scare. 

Other than my first hopelessly hopeless platoon medic, so far I find most medical staffs are quite ok with blood drawing. Even houseman doctors did one takes on me when I was admitted, granted I was told I have nice veins. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic

I had houseman doctors came in the middle of the night to draw blood when I was admitted. Actually how steady a doctor will be can be seen from a very young age. There was one male and female young houseman doctors in NTFGH I came across, quite zhai and confident. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Hypersonic
On 9/12/2024 at 3:55 PM, 13177 said:

KNN you sure or not?

He was just being modest and you take it for real? Diu. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2