Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Hypersonic
(edited)

Recycle the oil for deep frying 30 to 40 times, from the 1st few mminutes of the video. Haven't watch the rest yet.  I love my Vadai, on the 40 cycles of the oil

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 9/2/2024 at 11:53 PM, Ender said:

Recycle the oil for deep frying 30 to 40 times, from the 1st few mminutes of the video. Haven't watch the rest yet.  I love my Vadai, on the 40 cycles of the oil

No wonder people always say don’t eat fried food outside. 😅

Hypersonic
On 8/29/2024 at 4:59 PM, Ender said:

Plyometrics is coined by a FBI agent?

Seems no leh. 

Screenshot_2024-09-03-09-35-36-21_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

Hypersonic
On 8/29/2024 at 11:30 AM, MX-5 said:

hello, wanted to ask if anyone has any thoughts on my "situation". 

quick summary:

- 70kg (Jun 2021), 92kg (Feb 2024), 86kg (now). working on calorie deficit to being body fat mass down. 

- creatine supplement - 5g daily

- protein intake (meat, eggs, whey) - target 160g daily

- weight training 3x a week; yoga & pilates twice a week each. (been weight training for 3 years, started creatine supplement about 2 years ago, increased protein about 2 years ago). 

when I did blood test at polyclinic in Feb 2024, my Creatinine levels were 113 (umol/L). reference range 67-112. (has been elevated for a while now; but can't remember whether it was after or before my weight training /supplementation or after). 

eGFR (CKD-EPI) is 66 (mL/min/1.73m2), reference range >=60. 

today at polyclinic, I told my doctor that I supplement with creatine. she asked me to cut out creatine. my weight training coach says its ok to continue, as weight training does elevate creatinine levels. 

when I googled, I came across this: 

https://www.tuasaude.com/en/high-creatinine-levels/#:~:text=High creatinine levels commonly occur,ketoacidosis or high blood pressure.

causes of high creatinine:

- excessive physical activity (weight training, increased muscle mass)

- dehydration

- increased protein intake

- excessive creatine supplements

- high blood pressure

etc

I wanted to seek second opinion from a doctor, but thinking what field would be relevant. i figured check around if anyone has encountered similar situation as myself. 

Thank you 🙏

How tall are you bro? 

Putting on 22kg into a 70kg body in 2.5 years is not an easy task man. Of course losing 6kg in 6 months is also impressive. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Hypersonic
(edited)

Any thoughts on Baking Soda for Athletes?

Today I mixed one tea spoon in with Creatine for the first time. Taste like sai. Got that soapy texture. Got that wanna puke feeling while drinking it.

Edited by Ender
  • Haha! 2

3rd Gear

@Tianmo hey bro, I'm 1.68.

starting around 2021, my strength coach asked me to up my protein intake. so I was taking my regular meals + 1-2 scoops whey daily. it doesn't help that my family vacations from 2021-2023 were to countries in winter (Australia, Korea, Taiwan) - its easy to overeat when you're cold, especially in Korea and Taiwan where there's tonnes of street food.... 

before tracking my calories earlier this year, I didn't realise how easy it was to over consume. one kueh (snack) here, one drink there, that's probably 200-300 calories. when I started tracking calories, I was just shocked - one "simple" meal of steak frites is about 1k calories. of course we don't eat like this everyday, but it is still shocking to me to see the numbers.

I'm now going on calories deficit to "pay debt" of all the excess fat accumulated thus far, still long way to go....

• Praise 1

On 9/3/2024 at 3:35 PM, MX-5 said:

@Tianmo hey bro, I'm 1.68.

starting around 2021, my strength coach asked me to up my protein intake. so I was taking my regular meals + 1-2 scoops whey daily. it doesn't help that my family vacations from 2021-2023 were to countries in winter (Australia, Korea, Taiwan) - its easy to overeat when you're cold, especially in Korea and Taiwan where there's tonnes of street food.... 

before tracking my calories earlier this year, I didn't realise how easy it was to over consume. one kueh (snack) here, one drink there, that's probably 200-300 calories. when I started tracking calories, I was just shocked - one "simple" meal of steak frites is about 1k calories. of course we don't eat like this everyday, but it is still shocking to me to see the numbers.

I'm now going on calories deficit to "pay debt" of all the excess fat accumulated thus far, still long way to go....

How old are you?

I'm 48 and my creatinine levels is 119.5, but i think it's common for people with high protein intake/supplementation. My diet also tends to be carnivorous, and doesn't help that i like red meat. 

So far my doc nvr say anything abt the creatinine levels, maybe cos i got bigger problems with my cholesterol 5.7 LDL (<3.4 mmol/L). 

• Praise 1

3rd Gear

@Matoonia hey bro, I'm 47 this year. 

reading had been that range for a few blood tests. the polyclinic doctors initially didn't want to lower my BP meds, because the meds provide "protective benefits" to the kidneys. I showed them that my BP had been low the last few weeks, and it was high probably due to creatine supplementation instead of "damaged kidneys". this latest visit doctor asked me to cut out creatine, but reduced my BP meds (BP was ranging between 90+ to 100+ for upper, and 50+ to 60+ for lower, occasionally light headed when doing weights). 

When I did health screening earlier this year (ard May), I mentioned about the creatine supplementation; the doc didn't raise any concern over my kidneys, so I thought all was good. 

anyways, i've made appointment to see nephrologist this Thursday, just to make sure all is good. 

On 9/3/2024 at 6:15 PM, MX-5 said:

@Matoonia hey bro, I'm 47 this year. 

reading had been that range for a few blood tests. the polyclinic doctors initially didn't want to lower my BP meds, because the meds provide "protective benefits" to the kidneys. I showed them that my BP had been low the last few weeks, and it was high probably due to creatine supplementation instead of "damaged kidneys". this latest visit doctor asked me to cut out creatine, but reduced my BP meds (BP was ranging between 90+ to 100+ for upper, and 50+ to 60+ for lower, occasionally light headed when doing weights). 

When I did health screening earlier this year (ard May), I mentioned about the creatine supplementation; the doc didn't raise any concern over my kidneys, so I thought all was good. 

anyways, i've made appointment to see nephrologist this Thursday, just to make sure all is good. 

Yah see what the doc say is the best ba. 

but anw i think if the high protein, whey and creatine is possibly increasing stress to kidneys, i will consider lowering. anw u are trying to lose weight, not increase muscle so no need so excessive high protein. i'm 176/76kg, and struggle to hit 100g protein so i think 160g really quite a lot. I also do intermittent fasting in the past and that has helped a lot to cut calories. But that's just me. Check with your doc is still the best. 

Hypersonic
On 9/3/2024 at 3:15 PM, Ender said:

Today I mixed one tea spoon in with Creatine for the first time. Taste like sai. Got that soapy texture. Got that wanna puke feeling while drinking it.

Why are you bothering. Baking soda tastes terrible. 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 9/3/2024 at 7:02 PM, Lala81 said:

First time mah.. LOL .. Use for cakes is fine, but as a water solution, really weird bitter taste, worst is the soapy texture that makes me want to throw up. But I think next time I try putting it in something sweet like coke.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 9/3/2024 at 10:03 PM, Ender said:

First time mah.. LOL .. Use for cakes is fine, but as a water solution, really weird bitter taste, worst is the soapy texture that makes me want to throw up. But I think next time I try putting it in something sweet like coke.

For what reason are you doing this? 

To neutralize stomach acidity? 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 9/3/2024 at 10:30 PM, Lala81 said:

For what reason are you doing this? 

To neutralize stomach acidity? 

This is something new to me, but the article says using baking soda for performance enhancement has been going for a long time with Athletes.

Acting as a buffer for lactic acid.  Since I have at home, just try for my threshold run. Found my limitation is my aerobic fitness, not clearing of lactate. Coz the training was just as siong, being out of breath. Muscle still holding up well, no burning.

https://runningshorts.com/misc/featured/how-to-use-baking-soda-for-athletic-performance/

https://www.outsideonline.com/health/training-performance/baking-soda-performance-boost/

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 9/3/2024 at 3:15 PM, Ender said:

Next week curry powder, following week Turmeric powder, soon will be washing powder. [:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic
On 9/3/2024 at 7:02 PM, Lala81 said:

The best tasting form of baking soda is eno, we used prenty during NS time. Every weekend book in 不可少. IPPT, SOC, or 5km run, 大家先干一杯. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Hypersonic
On 9/3/2024 at 11:23 PM, Tianmo said:

Next week curry powder, following week Turmeric powder, soon will be washing powder. [:p][laugh][laugh]

LOL.. Washing powder no need to test, baking soda really like washing powder in texture.

On 9/3/2024 at 11:27 PM, Tianmo said:

The best tasting form of baking soda is eno, we used prenty during NS time. Every weekend book in 不可少. IPPT, SOC, or 5km run, 大家先干一杯. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Heng, you posted this. Didn't know it's baking soda. Next time I will use Enos prior to my run instead.  I tried before, got the waterfall feeling.

↡ Advertisement