Consolidated Info on MRT/LRT Maintenance & Breakdown Part II

Carbon82

Hypersonic
On 9/30/2024 at 11:33 AM, inlinesix said:

JE => Woodlands.  Change to Thomson line then all the way to Outram.

Change to green again.

Maybe this is faster than taking bridging bus in btw.

Yah man, going to talk to them later tonight. At least for the next few days, I don't think MRT will be fix in the next 1-2 days anyway. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

limpeh would suggest that gahmen allows motorcycle taxi. it will come in handy in situation (read: fiasco) like this. hey, it works well in jakarta which is notorious for its traffic jam!

IMHO :D

• Haha! 1

On 9/30/2024 at 11:19 AM, Tianmo said:

Those just getting in will be worse. After dropping my son off, otw back to Jurong, saw opposite AYE to town still packed, but the worse was PIE joining AYE at clementi ave 6. The whole stretch of ave 6 is like a carpark, 神龙见首不见尾, when I joined PIE still could not see the tail opposite. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I check Google Maps before setting off most of the time. Usually very accurate. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
On 9/30/2024 at 9:24 AM, Volvobrick said:

Whole Clementi Road was jammed till Beauty World. Made detour to 6th Ave myself. 

Wow... you took clementi road, Tianmo took AYE, I took commonwealth ave west... all 3 jammed  😅.  Imagine the bridging bus passengers 

• Haha! 4

On 9/30/2024 at 11:33 AM, Tianmo said:

I think sometime late July or early Aug this year, there was a massive jam on SLE, so I detoured and detoured and detoured but KNN every route I took was jammed. <_< [laugh] [laugh] 

Yeah, my hero. 😏

• Haha! 1

On 9/30/2024 at 11:37 AM, Tianmo said:

Yah man, going to talk to them later tonight. At least for the next few days, I don't think MRT will be fix in the next 1-2 days anyway. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Just SMRT post

461620517_930044509154873_8110054021740417281_n.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 9/30/2024 at 11:48 AM, Volvobrick said:

I check Google Maps before setting off most of the time. Usually very accurate. 

i usually set my destination on Waze.  It will automatically re-route if heavy traffic.

Anyway, not many alternative route here.

• Praise 2

On 9/30/2024 at 11:50 AM, Karoon said:

Wow... you took clementi road, Tianmo took AYE, I took commonwealth ave west... all 3 jammed  😅.  Imagine the bridging bus passengers 

bus have bus lane, is the queuing part that jam.

Supersonic
On 9/30/2024 at 11:15 AM, Playtime said:

im sure this week PHV all report record earnings.😁

I drive PHV but i avoid peak hours.

You get paid more per trip, but you get stuck in traffic jam. In terms of earnings per hour, it turns out about the same.

• Praise 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
On 9/30/2024 at 1:42 PM, Kb27 said:

I drive PHV but i avoid peak hours.

You get paid more per trip, but you get stuck in traffic jam. In terms of earnings per hour, it turns out about the same.

stuck in traffic is a "torture" ... butt get warmed and balls get squeezed .... :grin:

Edited by Wt_know
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
On 9/30/2024 at 2:40 PM, Wt_know said:

stuck in traffic is a "torture" ... butt get warmed and balls get squeezed .... :grin:

errr..... what kind of passengers do you get?? and if theyre pretty too... where do you find them??🤣

Remember SimplyGO to replace the Nets & EZ-link legacy card-based ticketing system which is nearing it's end of its operational lifespan even though it's still working.

And ERP 2.0 to replace the current gantry-based ERP system that is still working but was in-operation for some 25 years.

This 35 year old train, though still working, must be beyond it's end-of-life cycle. I'm surprised it's still in use.

Supercharged
On 9/30/2024 at 11:50 AM, Karoon said:

My usual 30min drive to Holland this morning became 60min.. I blame this on smrt.. 

• Haha! 5