Consolidated Info on MRT/LRT Maintenance & Breakdown Part II

Carbon82

On 9/27/2024 at 5:20 PM, Tkseah said:

Me guess they will say replacement delayed due to covid.. 

On 9/27/2024 at 5:26 PM, Vid said:

Too bad then when there's no urgency to complete the replacements. That's what you get for procrastinating. Covid measures ended more than a year liao

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Heavy_Industries_C151, it will be decommissioned by 2026.  No source to verify.

According to https://yourstudent-gemini.fandom.com/wiki/C151#:~:text=As of July 2024%2C out,17 were decommissioned and scrapped., 17 has been scrapped.

↡ Advertisement

On 9/27/2024 at 4:49 PM, Vid said:

I never complain leh ...

To be fair to LTA and our paper generals, 1st gen trains were scheduled to decommission since 2021 ... question is, why 2024 still not complete?
https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en/newsroom/2020/6/news-releases/LTA_to_decommission_first-generation_NSEWL_trains.html

Means their original write-off period was 30yrs and since then they have been sucking profit from free hardware.

OR the write-off period was shorter and they've been sucking us for longer.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 9/27/2024 at 5:51 PM, bsswan said:

Means their original write-off period was 30yrs and since then they have been sucking profit from free hardware.

OR the write-off period was shorter and they've been sucking us for longer.

Instead of refurbished trains bought in the 90s, LTA made the decision to scrap these trains gradually.

Therefore, Kawasaki train which had been refurbished 3 times will continue its service until replacement train arrived.

On 9/27/2024 at 6:14 PM, inlinesix said:

Instead of refurbished trains bought in the 90s, LTA made the decision to scrap these trains gradually.

Therefore, Kawasaki train which had been refurbished 3 times will continue its service until replacement train arrived.

That's a different case, when you CAPEX there is a started write-off period in the accounts. 

I suppose for this scale ~20yrs may be normal but any refurbishing is expected over that period as parts become obsolete.

• Praise 1

On 9/27/2024 at 6:20 PM, bsswan said:

That's a different case, when you CAPEX there is a started write-off period in the accounts. 

I suppose for this scale ~20yrs may be normal but any refurbishing is expected over that period as parts become obsolete.

Based on LTA FS, train depreciation could be 30 years.

On 9/27/2024 at 5:43 PM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
Which is why need to state - especially for those who like to make assumptions. 

Once again warped logic. Full display of yet another idiot.

On 9/27/2024 at 11:40 AM, Tkseah said:

Yah, it's like my company red tape where have to seek approvals from multiple parties before can do anything... And after u get all the approvals that u know of, proceed to do and then something goes wrong, suddenly another party surface that say that they were not consulted and should have sought their approval also..

Every big company is like that one.

• Haha! 2

(edited)
On 9/27/2024 at 8:27 PM, Unfazed said:

Once again warped logic. Full display of yet another idiot.

IMHO.
I agree for you - it is obviously stated. 

Edited by Kklee

On 9/27/2024 at 6:20 PM, bsswan said:

Agreed...sometimes someone in charge of capex wants to impress the boss by stretching the machine lifespan to show good OP...or let it fail until boh pian then can ask for more budget for better upgrade or replacement...in corporate world it is liddat one...pawns to kio sai...😂

• Praise 1

On 9/27/2024 at 8:55 AM, Beehive3783 said:

Not only 3416, 2065 also :D 

Today is the day. I punted tombalak 5682....wheel got cracked, so 0 becomes 8. Huat ah! 😂🤞

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 9/28/2024 at 9:49 AM, TangoCharlie said:

Today is the day. I punted tombalak 5682....wheel got cracked, so 0 becomes 8. Huat ah! 😂🤞

If tio liao start shouting PAP 万岁, MOT 万岁, LTA 万岁, SMRT 万岁.

坏得好坏得妙坏到给我中马票. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

But I never buy any numbers related to this incident. 

• Haha! 3

On 9/28/2024 at 10:15 AM, Tianmo said:

If tio liao start shouting PAP 万岁, MOT 万岁, LTA 万岁, SMRT 万岁.

坏得好坏得妙坏到给我中马票. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

But I never buy any numbers related to this incident. 

Huh not shout tangocharlie wan sui?

This one no deaths no injuries....can buy for fun lah.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 9/28/2024 at 10:22 AM, TangoCharlie said:

Huh not shout tangocharlie wan sui?

This one no deaths no injuries....can buy for fun lah.

Pls tio, tio liao bring me jiak ah lian hor, SMRT pay one. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

• Haha! 1

On 9/28/2024 at 9:24 AM, mersaylee said:

Agreed...sometimes someone in charge of capex wants to impress the boss by stretching the machine lifespan to show good OP...or let it fail until boh pian then can ask for more budget for better upgrade or replacement...in corporate world it is liddat one...pawns to kio sai...😂

My guess now is that SMRT will kenna fine in addition to losing incentive.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 9/28/2024 at 11:53 AM, TangoCharlie said:

No tupai king no talk.🤗

According to the original tupai king farmer, it is not exported out to SG. So might have to drive in to eat. You got VEP? I no have hor, but get 1 warning in exchange for free tupai king, I drive I drive. [:p] [laugh] [laugh]

On 9/27/2024 at 12:11 AM, Raychay said:

Our cars 10 years must scrap but 35 yr old train still in use everyday!

Car 35 years become classic car liao!

What a joke!

You don't like classic trains? 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2