Consolidated Info on MRT/LRT Maintenance & Breakdown Part II

Carbon82

On 9/29/2023 at 10:51 PM, Tohto said:

I don't really understand,  rail track are all metal right? How can metal crack?

Metal fatigue or trains are actually heavier than track's maximum loading specs ? 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

NEL delayed hoh.. each station stopped for a while then move.. i very scare stopped liao don’t move! Whahahahahaha

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 1/10/2024 at 7:28 AM, Ody_2004 said:

NEL delayed hoh.. each station stopped for a while then move.. i very scare stopped liao don’t move! Whahahahahaha

Our MRT system allergy to rain la. Whenever rainy weather, high chance train might have problem. 😅

• Haha! 2

(edited)
On 1/14/2024 at 8:36 AM, Blueray said:

So need to increase fares morer for maintenance?

Screenshot_2024-01-14-08-19-10-24_fa46455ec16031b22eab806443bdbe3c.jpg

Waste time and resources just for that 10mins...who wants to spend so much more time on the bus...sekali kena traffic jam lagi worse...so not confident to fix it in time just add 10mins to each station...😁

Edited by mersaylee

On 2/8/2024 at 10:31 AM, Blueray said:

Signal fault again ? LTA ah LTA ...

Screenshot_2024-02-08-10-29-19-63_fa46455ec16031b22eab806443bdbe3c.jpg

9+am already like that.  Need to pack the train full full.

Hypersonic

Seems like we need Iswaran back. 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Signal fault can never be resolved one la. 😅

Edited by 13177

Turbocharged
On 2/8/2024 at 3:12 PM, 13177 said:

Signal fault can never be resolved one la. 😅

sometimes i see both train (in different direction) arrived at the platform same time... this lead to people mountain people sea at the escalator.. i wonder why can't they time it better.. just to have a train at the platform each time.. i think think think then guess better shut up and pray no signal fault! whahahahahahaha...

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 2/8/2024 at 8:59 PM, Ody_2004 said:

sometimes i see both train (in different direction) arrived at the platform same time... this lead to people mountain people sea at the escalator.. i wonder why can't they time it better.. just to have a train at the platform each time.. i think think think then guess better shut up and pray no signal fault! whahahahahahaha...

Whether they can time it better or not, not their problem mountain people mountain sea at the escalator lo, as maybe they don’t take mrt de. 😅

• Haha! 1

On 2/8/2024 at 8:59 PM, Ody_2004 said:

Tricky to take it that far....... just get the bl@@dy things working first is a good target.

The problem, from the beginning of the more recent line, like DTL is trains are too short, making platforms quite tight, and number of entry/exit gates too few. When the lines started, they met capacity, not future proofed - we cannot even have one additional carriage. Old line (Red/Green) trains are longer than new ones.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
On 2/9/2024 at 9:24 AM, bsswan said:

Tricky to take it that far....... just get the bl@@dy things working first is a good target.

The problem, from the beginning of the more recent line, like DTL is trains are too short, making platforms quite tight, and number of entry/exit gates too few. When the lines started, they met capacity, not future proofed - we cannot even have one additional carriage. Old line (Red/Green) trains are longer than new ones.

They never plan for future expansion de, even they know our population here keep going up. Firstly, is the short train station they build on new MRT line. Secondly, is when they purchase new buses, they always like to buy more single decker buses than double decker buses. 🙄

• Praise 1

On 2/9/2024 at 9:59 AM, 13177 said:

They never plan for future expansion de, even they know our population here keep going up. Firstly, is the short train station they build on new MRT line. Secondly, is when they purchase new buses, they always like to buy more single decker buses than double decker buses. 🙄

Yeah, I also don't understand the whole cr@ppy gearbox single decker sh!t.

Look at HK........ cannot find a single decker anywhere, plus thousands of speeding ant-type mini-bus.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 2/9/2024 at 10:04 AM, bsswan said:

Yeah, I also don't understand the whole cr@ppy gearbox single decker sh!t.

Look at HK........ cannot find a single decker anywhere, plus thousands of speeding ant-type mini-bus.

In terms of public transport, cannot compare SG with HK. SG public transport cannot really make it to what they claim to be world class transport. The single decker bus is one of the worst planning they have done.

If you compare SG public transport with those 3rd world countries, surely it is considered like world class. Cause they always tell you, even you wait 10-15 mins for one bus in SG is fast liao, cause other countries need to wait 30 mins or bus never come. 😂

Edited by 13177

On 2/9/2024 at 10:19 AM, 13177 said:

In terms of public transport, cannot compare SG with HK. SG public transport cannot really make it to what they claim to be world class transport. The single decker bus is one of the worst planning they have done.

If you compare SG public transport with those 3rd world countries, surely it is considered like world class. Cause they always tell you, even you wait 10-15 mins for one bus in SG is fast liao, cause other countries need to wait 30 mins or bus never come. 😂

Compared to 1st world as well, SG is far better.

UK/US/EU/Oz, one bus an hour or, if in the burbs, two-three per day. The system here, itself, IS good, and for the most part works, but needs a few tweaks. I won't compare it unfavourably with almost all other countries with the exception at least of Japan, Korea, and, according to friends, China. We don't quite make it to HK standards also given we have far less people to transport each day.

Twincharged

We always do selective comparisons. Kaki Kong kaki song. So much self justifications on this little island. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1