Car insurance for 2nd car by 1 owner

Carhorn

Supersonic

I used to work in Insurance Co

used to is ok. as long as you are not the company that TS is approaching haha...

we are in the similar situation, my first car has two named drivers, I wanted to include a third named driver but insurance company doesn't  allow more than 2 names. 

I tot as long as it is not a new driver, the insurance cover all drivers that drive your car. No name is needed to be added. This is what my insurance told me. 

I tot as long as it is not a new driver, the insurance cover all drivers that drive your car. No name is needed to be added. This is what my insurance told me. 

Please read the fine print of the insurance. The excess for named driver and not named driver is different if you do Own damage claim. Also, even for named driver, the profile of the named drivers got different excess also, less than 1 year driving experience, excess higher too. Don't just take the insurance company words hor..

(edited)

if a named driver involved in an accident(touch wood), the excess will be the same as that of the owner.  But there is extra cost involved.  There are also other condition stated like if a driver's license  is less than one year old, an insurance company may not accept the driver as named driver, some others may impose a even higher surcharge. I am thinking to drop it next renewal. 

by the way, your name NTUC.....i thought INCOME is coming after me for bad mouthing them. 

Edited by Ct3833

if a named driver involved in an accident(touch wood), the excess will be the same as that of the owner. But there is extra cost involved. There are also other condition stated like if a driver's license is less than one year old, an insurance company may not accept the driver as named driver, some others may impose a even higher surcharge. I am thinking to drop it next renewal.

by the way, your name NTUC.....i thought INCOME is coming after me for bad mouthing them.

As insurer, it should know the answer

On 8/17/2024 at 1:37 AM, Battledome64 said:

If I already own a car, and my dad wants to transfer his car to me. Can his NCD be transferred to myself for the 2nd car too?

Of course no lah, ncd is tie to the owner.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2