Worst places for parallel parking or parallel parking lots

DACH

Supersonic

I would let the Old folks & Chiidrens alight first,then i find parking Lots.

Then Kena criticized. Say I siao, so near don't park, go park far far.
↡ Advertisement

Park at Sim Lim Tower & cross the Road...

Talk about Parking,i find alot of S'porean very lazy to walk,must park very near to the place they wanted to go,won't even mind risk Illegal Parking & get fine. [bigcry] ,i went to Hong Kong,people walk a few KM,is normal,if they drive to Town...

Most Singaporean very pampered lah.

Bus got no seat, wait for the next bus.

MRT got no seat, KPKB.

Yesterday went to Dunlop St to have steamboat for dinner at One Pot.

Wanted to park along the street but it's very hard to find a lot during dinner hours.

And it's pretty hard to drive through the road as it looks quite narrow. Also many people there and nearly knocked down a guy.

I also wonder how to park the parallel lots as I think the roads are too narrow to maneuver into the parallel lot. In the end, went to park at the open carpark at Weld St.

A few years back, also in the same area, Little India, I parked on one of the streets and my friend opened the door and banged on the high kerb. [bigcry]:TT_TT: Luckily no scratches and it's my old car.

I noticed some parallel lots in these areas tends to be harder to park. Do you guys encounter the same problems?

Went there once, will usually survey the area with google map street view before i go down, i park at dickson road open carpark. Just 1 st away, dunlop st like you say, too narrow , cannot wait and camp, too many people walking about also and alot of one way. Miss getting a lot and got to turn one big round.

Supersonic

Went there once, will usually survey the area with google map street view before i go down, i park at dickson road open carpark. Just 1 st away, dunlop st like you say, too narrow , cannot wait and camp, too many people walking about also and alot of one way. Miss getting a lot and got to turn one big round.

Dickson Rd carpark quite small.

Weld Rd carpark is bigger and it's only opposite Dunlop St.  [thumbsup]

Hypersonic

Along Tangjong Pagar ....... if u cant park fast ... the bus will be coming .  <_<

Which part? How come got bus coming?

Park at Sim Lim Tower & cross the Road...

Talk about Parking,i find alot of S'porean very lazy to walk,must park very near to the place they wanted to go,won't even mind risk Illegal Parking & get fine. [bigcry] ,i went to Hong Kong,people walk a few KM,is normal,if they drive to Town...

Maybe thats why people in hk prefer to take public transport? Unless you are really super rich so no choice but to drive.

Supersonic

Refer to the road where bus 80 and 145 plies.

Hypersonic

Refer to the road where bus 80 and 145 plies.

Near the Tanjong Pagar plaza further down that stretch of road ah. But that road still consider not say very narrow, still not so stressful when parking the car even got buses coming. Lol. The road next to zion rd then consider stressful when you attempt to park and cars coming and wait for you.

Supersonic

Near the Tanjong Pagar plaza further down that stretch of road ah. But that road still consider not say very narrow, still not so stressful when parking the car even got buses coming. 

But it's one lane.

If you are slow in your parking, may obstruct the bus and get honked.

There was a video of such incident in the area posted months back in the Reckless Driver thread.

Yesterday went to Dunlop St to have steamboat for dinner at One Pot.

Wanted to park along the street but it's very hard to find a lot during dinner hours.

And it's pretty hard to drive through the road as it looks quite narrow. Also many people there and nearly knocked down a guy.

I also wonder how to park the parallel lots as I think the roads are too narrow to maneuver into the parallel lot. In the end, went to park at the open carpark at Weld St.

A few years back, also in the same area, Little India, I parked on one of the streets and my friend opened the door and banged on the high kerb. [bigcry]:TT_TT: Luckily no scratches and it's my old car.

I noticed some parallel lots in these areas tends to be harder to park. Do you guys encounter the same problems?

High kerb

Oh I see.....

Its one reason why are many changing to crossover and SUV.

But some makes and models with large turning radius makes the driver think twice for such lots.

Still can park but need to adjust twice or more.

Maybe thats why people in hk prefer to take public transport? Unless you are really super rich so no choice but to drive.

The rich gets chaueffuered!  [laugh]

Hypersonic

The rich gets chaueffuered!  [laugh]

If i am able to drive, i still prefer to drive myself than chaueffuered. Cause i cannot stand others people driving habit. Some of them really make me feel sick. Lol.

If i am able to drive, i still prefer to drive myself than chaueffuered. Cause i cannot stand others people driving habit. Some of them really make me feel sick. Lol.

If you are chauffeured, u can make your chauffeur drives the way you want.

Hypersonic

I seen rich tai tai in HK takes MTR.

In HK, it is better to take public transport than drive la. Unless your house is some ulu ulu location when no public transport access.

Twincharged

I like these kind of difficult to park parallel lots. Higher chance to get a lot. Lol. Last week I saw a lexus trying to park but he felt his car too long and gave up after a few tries. So I took the lot.  [laugh]

One benefit of driving a small MPV.

In HK, it is better to take public transport than drive la. Unless your house is some ulu ulu location when no public transport access.

Unlike Sg, ulu ulu location in HK also serviced by mini bus.

↡ Advertisement