Bid / Buy / Sales of Vehicle Registration Numbers

Dennisk

These new plates are system allocated to the used cars. It’s practically free for them.. and they sell to earn few hundreds $...

Those who sell below $1k usually are those plate who allocated from system without bidding, and the number quite nice de.

↡ Advertisement

Those who sell below $1k usually are those plate who allocated from system without bidding, and the number quite nice de.

Yes u r right.

I got number 850 from the allocation... nice a not? too bad i am not born in 85 

• Praise 1

850 i find not nice, but maybe to some people it have some meaning.

i find quite nice. but if no special significance then not worth the 1k or 13k to retain...

I think it's ok. 3 digit ending with zero.

Agree with kdash's comments.

• Praise 1

Hi guys,

If I want to buy a number from someone and put on a new car I just bought,

Do i have to pay $1300 + cost of number plate bought as my new car has to be registered with a random number before transferring to the other party to put the number plate, therefore becoming an "old car"?

• Praise 1

Hi guys,

Do i have to pay $1300 + cost of number plate bought as my new car has to be registered with a random number before transferring to the other party to put the number plate, therefore becoming an "old car"?

Once registered with number consider "old" car. Retention cost will be $1300.

Hi guys,

That guy transfer his car with the plate to you.

You retain the car plate for 1.3k And a system generated number is given to the car.

Transfer the car back to the guy.

Register your new car when it arrives with this plate and LTA will refund u 1.2k.

That guy transfer his car with the plate to you.

You retain the car plate for 1.3k And a system generated number is given to the car.

Transfer the car back to the guy.

Register your new car when it arrives with this plate and LTA will refund u 1.2k.

Thanks for the info!

Yes...

1) the seller will use a used car to put the plate into that used car.

2) the seller will then use the used car with the plate to trf to ur name.

3) then u trf the used car back to him and pay LTA $1300 to retain the plate.

4) once u retain, u can submit the document to ur new car salesperson.

5) he will then put the plate into ur new car and LTA will refund u $1200.

I would like to bid for a non-unique or non-special number "7072" for my new car.

However, it would cost me 1k for the bidding. Anyone has this number and would like to let go? so that I can get the number with less cost.

Please pm me if you have one.

I would like to bid for a non-unique or non-special number "7072" for my new car.

However, it would cost me 1k for the bidding. Anyone has this number and would like to let go? so that I can get the number with less cost.

Please pm me if you have one.

You have artificially created the demand!

Thanks for your advice.

I'm too new for this. I thought as long as I can get number from direct owner with less than 850, the plate will cost me less than 1k for my new car. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yup this is true.

Chances to get one in used mkt is low. The seller if selling at low price will not be willing to sell unless his car is scrapping soon.

If his car not that old, by selling his plate he incurred another 2 owner count for little money on selling his plate; not worth the trouble.

Thanks for your advice.

I'm too new for this. I thought as long as I can get number from direct owner with less than 850, the plate will cost me less than 1k for my new car. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Are you using for a brand new car or a used car you're planning to buy, or to replace the plate of your existing car?
↡ Advertisement