Bid / Buy / Sales of Vehicle Registration Numbers

Dennisk

Neutral Newbie

You may want to refer to this thread for further details:

Vehicle Registration Numbers Retention & Transfer (Process & Fees)

In brief,

1) You have to transfer the your car to your wife name, then she can put up request to transfer your VRN to her car (fee: $22 + $1321)

2) Transfer the car back to your name, buy a VRN from seller / LTA and use it on your car (fee: $22 + $1321 + price for VRN)

You can also engage the service of those VRN seller to perform all these transfer using a 3rd party car, at a fee of course.

Hi Carbon82,

Appreciate you prompt reply.

From your description, my car transfer to my wife name means I cannot have any outstanding hire purchase loan?

↡ Advertisement

Hi Carbon82,

Appreciate you prompt reply.

From your description, my car transfer to my wife name means I cannot have any outstanding hire purchase loan?

Yes, you are right, and unless you are going to scrap your car soon (instead of selling it in resale market), not advisable to do that as it will increase the transfer count for nothing.

E.g. You are the 1st owner (transfer count: 0)

- Transfer car to you wife name (transfer count: 1)

- Transfer car back to your name (transfer count: 2)

And from further buyer / dealer perspective, he/she will become the 4th owner if they got your car, thus asking price would be very terrible...

If you have the $$$ to spend, I suggest getting an agent to do it for you at a fee. Normally they will have a used car (COE Starlet typically) to do all the transfer from one owner to another... You can refer to the other thread I have linked in my earlier reply for full details.

• Praise 4

4th Gear

I got 61.... hhhHAHAHA

Just came back from LTA and Car plate workshop. Changed my new chrome SMA plate into my old car.

Just came back from LTA and Car plate workshop. Changed my new chrome SMA plate into my old car.

I changed on the day I received news that I am successful...

4th Gear
(edited)

I changed on the day I received news that I am successful...

I was dumb dumb waiting for LTA letter. Saw someone posted an SMA plate on the road prompted me to check with LTA then realised can be done imdtly upon receipt of successful bidding. Just bring IC and ATM card, done within 10 minutes minus Q for Q-ticket.

Another tick to my bucket list "2 digit VRN plate".

Edited by Tjon

Hi Bros

Need advise here. Currently my car is registered with number plate SKBxxxx. I was successful with my bid for a new number. My new ride will arrive next month and I will be using my new number. I am trading in my current car to the dealer. For the old number I would like to keep it. Do I need to pay any retaining fee.

Thanks )

• Praise 1

Hi Bros

Need advise here. Currently my car is registered with number plate SKBxxxx. I was successful with my bid for a new number. My new ride will arrive next month and I will be using my new number. I am trading in my current car to the dealer. For the old number I would like to keep it. Do I need to pay any retaining fee.

Thanks )

Yup. $1300.

Thanks bro.. in that case maybe I should just try to sell off the number.

Yup, but it has to be a very good number to have value.

Cos the buyer will need to pay you your asking price plus another $1300 to LTA plus transfer fees.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Thanks bro.. in that case maybe I should just try to sell off the number.

After you pay $1300 to retain your number, you must remember to use it within 1 year, if not you have to pay again to further retain it.

• Praise 1

Sorry thank for the advise , no no Mkt , for SMA8138A correction price $2888. Interested pls text me. Thank u

Me ever try to sell my 2 digits VRN too, XXR42R, asking $2k also nobody wants, kena suan somemore coz it's a "dead number", haha. 

A number can be sold only when you meet a right person at a right timing lor, good luck.

• Praise 1

Looking for number plate 123

PM me if you have one to sell

Paying 5k for 123 number. No X,Z in alphabet , Thanks if you have one for sale

Hypersonic

Me ever try to sell my 2 digits VRN too, XXR42R, asking $2k also nobody wants, kena suan somemore coz it's a "dead number", haha. 

A number can be sold only when you meet a right person at a right timing lor, good luck.

When comes to selling things, no matter car plate, car, house or what, all depends if you meet the right person at a right timing la. 42 in general indeed nothing special on this number, unless this number is special to some people.

Supersonic

SMC new series up for bidding now.

No 'SMB' series.

SMB series was reserved for SMRT buses.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1