Solar panels on HDB roof.

Neutrino

Turbocharged
On 3/12/2018 at 8:14 AM, Evillusion said:
On 3/12/2018 at 7:08 AM, Ct3833 said:

The return of investment is slow. My neighbour installs solar panel and sell back to grid, he gets back about $100+ per month. Based on his investment, he needs more than 15 years to get back his money, letting alone repair and maintenance over the next 15 years.

How much he plowed in for the solar panel? Sell back to powergrid $100, own consumption save on $150 (minimum), if use electric/hybrid vehicle save another $150 on petrol....$400 saving a month good wor! I also know of 1.....private property....came out newspaper. Think he put in $25k.....he rich fella, father-in-law property developer.....very nice guy....he wants to save the environment.

Diaso $2 solar garden light quite good. The bigger installation, we do need sponsors to help R&D so that 1 day it is feasible. 

2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Want to save or earn $$ ah gong also must earn or tax meh so must have license to install. Just like does anyone aware it is an offence to harvest or collect rain water (I remember I read this somewhere before).

I am using this solar charger for my power banks and mobile phone. 

Foldable and portable,  I bring it when I drive and for home use,  I hang it on the window grill. 

Screenshot_2020-06-17-21-31-48-31.png

6 hours ago, Mustank said:

💪https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/singapore-unveils-one-worlds-biggest-floating-solar-panel-farms-2021-07-14/ 💪

0FB9F2F9-8F59-421B-B266-6716128F4A84.png

if success, seekali do other reservoir also 

collect water collect sunlight power 

Singapore Huat ah!!!

then Paris there the carbon contract we can meet liao

Today solar panel price are giving better ROI but I doubt it has achieved the desired result. Don't forget the maintenance and storage of the energy part too. How would this impact on environment when large surface area of the reservoir is covered we also don't know what will happen. Is HDB roof top an answer too? 

I hope I am wrong but solar is not the answer for tiny densely populated island like Singapore. Hope the government will do a comprehensive analysis to review it and publish the report in public for experts to study.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 6/17/2020 at 8:49 PM, Acewin said:

Want to save or earn $$ ah gong also must earn or tax meh so must have license to install. Just like does anyone aware it is an offence to harvest or collect rain water (I remember I read this somewhere before).

Yes, all rain clouds that floated into out air space belong to Ah Gong. All fishes that swims into our territorial water, by right also Ah Gong's. Even Covid viruses that comes into our borders, Ah Gong also must LLST take ownership & treat. 😁

Turbocharged
On 3/12/2018 at 8:10 AM, Adrianli said:

I install my own solar panel with lights for my fish tank. $50 for the whole thing. Lights power on from 3 to 8 hrs depends on how sunny the day is.

post-2654-0-59630500-1520813413_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-38852000-1520813438_thumb.jpg

Wah bro, you place fish tank outdoor ah?  No algae problem meh?

6 minutes ago, Didu said:

Wah bro, you place fish tank outdoor ah?  No algae problem meh?

Fish tank is indoor. Solar panel outdoor.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Today solar panel price are giving better ROI but I doubt it has achieved the desired result. Don't forget the maintenance and storage of the energy part too. How would this impact on environment when large surface area of the reservoir is covered we also don't know what will happen. Is HDB roof top an answer too? 

I hope I am wrong but solar is not the answer for tiny densely populated island like Singapore. Hope the government will do a comprehensive analysis to review it and publish the report in public for experts to study.

I wonder what’s suitable for Singapore.

Currently, solar has about 30% efficiency as compared to places like Australia.

Power from solar will NOT be sufficient. Storage is not issue.

A small storage is required to regulate flow into grid.

By housing it in water body will be easier to clean the panel.

9 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I wonder what’s suitable for Singapore.

Currently, solar has about 30% efficiency as compared to places like Australia.

Power from solar will NOT be sufficient. Storage is not issue.

A small storage is required to regulate flow into grid.

By housing it in water body will be easier to clean the panel.

One day if we could harness power from sea current. As a small island, maybe that can work?

We don’t have the land mass to harness sizeable solar energy even all our roof tops are equipped to do it. 

don't forget also our erratic climate…sunny, cloudy, rainy all cum and go ever so rapidly…

another challenge is to store the captured energy which I think we’re capable of addressing that given our high energy usage…

best bet is to get from places like Vietnam, Indonesia…cheaper, faster, more efficient…coupled with our tested sea based solar farm in our near regions…

my 2c of solar energy…😎😅

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

We don’t have the land mass to harness sizeable solar energy even all our roof tops are equipped to do it. 

don't forget also our erratic climate…sunny, cloudy, rainy all cum and go ever so rapidly…

another challenge is to store the captured energy which I think we’re capable of addressing that given our high energy usage…

best bet is to get from places like Vietnam, Indonesia…cheaper, faster, more efficient…coupled with our tested sea based solar farm in our near regions…

my 2c of solar energy…😎😅

In Tropical country, need 3x land mass to produce the same output as Australia.

Even in Indonesia not ideal.

For public grid, no need storage. Only need it to regulate power flow.

With solar, less reliance on gas to produce electricity.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

In Tropical country, need 3x land mass to produce the same output as Australia.

Even in Indonesia not ideal.

For public grid, no need storage. Only need it to regulate power flow.

With solar, less reliance on gas to produce electricity.

Agreed. Given today's technology...our solar dependancy can only act as compliment to other energy sources...can never be a major reliance or contributor...

Many data centres here yet to run in higher capacity although the infrastructure in terms of hardwares are in place...if run full...we may see energy rationing...😅

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

In sg solar power contribution is really too low (low effieciency, no large surface).

Solution is either nuclear, or if we can dig really deep (>10km), geothermal. 

• Praise 1

So solar panels may not be so environmental friendly after all, until we can find more efficient panels , more enviro friendly material and more effective ways to recycle them. I am surprise we can generate so much solar waste for a small cty like SGP. 

......Singapore could see 5,000 tonnes of solar panel waste in next 2 years.....

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/environment/singapore-could-see-5000-tonnes-of-solar-panel-waste-in-next-2-years

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

So solar panels may not be so environmental friendly after all, until we can find more efficient panels , more enviro friendly material and more effective ways to recycle them. I am surprise we can generate so much solar waste for a small cty like SGP. 

......Singapore could see 5,000 tonnes of solar panel waste in next 2 years.....

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/environment/singapore-could-see-5000-tonnes-of-solar-panel-waste-in-next-2-years

Solar panels are good for 20-35 years with minimal deterioration. Why replace after 10 years? Make more sense to add more new panels to make up for the deterioration.

↡ Advertisement