Solar panels on HDB roof.

Neutrino

Aiyah...just another excuse to go nude lah...i mean nuke...oh wait...if go nude helps...i kee chiu support... and I'm sure many others will also kee other thingy as well 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

So solar panels may not be so environmental friendly after all, until we can find more efficient panels , more enviro friendly material and more effective ways to recycle them. I am surprise we can generate so much solar waste for a small cty like SGP. 

......Singapore could see 5,000 tonnes of solar panel waste in next 2 years.....

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/environment/singapore-could-see-5000-tonnes-of-solar-panel-waste-in-next-2-years

Raw material of the panel can be recycled.

54 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Aiyah...just another excuse to go nude lah...i mean nuke...oh wait...if go nude helps...i kee chiu support... and I'm sure many others will also kee other thingy as well 😁

Buy retired US supercarrier to generate electricity.

Park it in Batam.

😂

• Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Buy retired US supercarrier to generate electricity.

Park it in Batam.

😂

Joko oredi said indo no need for nuke...plenty of alternative energy to choose from...parking fee at batam will be hefty...who wants to charge their EV from nuclear source? Sibeh raw power siah 😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Joko oredi said indo no need for nuke...plenty of alternative energy to choose from...parking fee at batam will be hefty...who wants to charge their EV from nuclear source? Sibeh raw power siah 😅

Joko doesnt rule forever. If an unfriendly leader comes along we might be kenna held hostage like M'sia water.

Anyway Indonesia has natural gas and quite a lot of hydro-electric dams to generate energy. What we dunno is how friendly is the next or next next leader.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
9 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

So solar panels may not be so environmental friendly after all, until we can find more efficient panels , more enviro friendly material and more effective ways to recycle them. I am surprise we can generate so much solar waste for a small cty like SGP. 

......Singapore could see 5,000 tonnes of solar panel waste in next 2 years.....

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/environment/singapore-could-see-5000-tonnes-of-solar-panel-waste-in-next-2-years

That guy opens a solar panel recycling firm so I take whatever he says with a big dose of salt. It’s true the solar panel has issue with waste but the current state of technology, solar panel benefits far far outweighs its problems already. At the end of the day, the solution will not be just 0ne form of renewable energy but we need to do whatever we can, solar, wind, geothermal, every bit helps.
I was reading up as I was thinking of putting panels on my place. 
has anyone installed panels here? 

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 2

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

That guy opens a solar panel recycling firm so I take whatever he says with a big dose of salt. It’s true the solar panel has issue with waste but the current state of technology, solar panel benefits far far outweighs its problems already. At the end of the day, the solution will not be just 0ne form of renewable energy but we need to do whatever we can, solar, wind, geothermal, every bit helps.
I was reading up as I was thinking of putting panels on my place. 
has anyone installed panels here? 

i have also  been procrastinating, the return of investment very long leh.  Now I feel stressful every month when I see my PUB bill. haha

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Ct3833 said:

i have also  been procrastinating, the return of investment very long leh. 

Now, should be shorter.

With rising tariffs, you will get back more.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

i have also  been procrastinating, the return of investment very long leh.  Now I feel stressful every month when I see my PUB bill. haha

It’s more like investment in the environment. But it is really tough for small scale people like us. There is a house in my estate with panels but I see his panel black and dirty after a few years…. I think solar panels make much more sense deployed in a large scale and easily maintained. 

20 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Here no gahmen subsidy, expensive compliance costs, markup etc so payback too long. 

My friend in Australia recently put up with 1-2 year pay back! But he also found someone to install dirt cheap! 

• Praise 1

On 7/18/2022 at 12:18 PM, Ct3833 said:

Why want to incur energy or pollution costs to recycle when there isn't any precious metals in solar cells to be worth it? Also, solar cells are not more dangerous than the semi-conductors in the objects of everyday life.

30 minutes ago, pi3142 said:

Why want to incur energy or pollution costs to recycle when there isn't any precious metals in solar cells to be worth it? Also, solar cells are not more dangerous than the semi-conductors in the objects of everyday life.

what i understand is that solar panels contain  Cadmium and Lead , if not properly disposed, will lead to risk of causing caner. I can be wrong 

Turbocharged
15 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

what i understand is that solar panels contain  Cadmium and Lead , if not properly disposed, will lead to risk of causing caner. I can be wrong 

The effects of carbon fuels is far worse right? It’s about evaluating the options we have and choosing one that’s the best for our kids and future generations. 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Wind30 said:

The effects of carbon fuels is far worse right? It’s about evaluating the options we have and choosing one that’s the best for our kids and future generations. 

Agree, for now if I will to adopt Solar panels, it is really for environmental friendliness perspective, cost saving it negligible 

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Agree, for now if I will to adopt Solar panels, it is really for environmental friendliness perspective, cost saving it negligible 

5000 tonnes of solar panels waste is not environmental friendliness leh. Need to understand why got this 5000 tonnes before even going that route. 

4 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

It depends on how it is installed.

If pump straight into the grid, there is not much contribution to the environment.

On the other hand, you might not need to pay utilities bills after installation.

(edited)
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

It depends on how it is installed.

If pump straight into the grid, there is not much contribution to the environment.

On the other hand, you might not need to pay utilities bills after installation.

I have confirmed with my friend, at night sure have to suck back power from the grid when you have 6 or 7 compressors running,  in the  day maybe can save some money. The ROI at current state is about 5 to 6 years. I think one added advantage  is that the panels nay help to reduce the heat of the top floor significantly.

Time to get a quote ?🤣🤣

Edited by Ct3833

Just now, Ct3833 said:

I have confirmed with my friend, at night sure have to suck back power from the grid when you have 6 or 7 compressors running,  in the  day maybe can save some money. The ROI at current state is about 5 to 6 years. Time to get a quote ?🤣🤣

In Sg, most will pump directly into grid.

These household will suck from grid.

Every month, have to offset revenue vs expense.
It depends on how panel you install.

Not forgetting there is a cleaning cost.

↡ Advertisement