Amazing Glaze

Diver

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

Anyone of you here has tried Amazing Glaze? How does this compare with other products, ie. Zaino, 3M, Klasse etc.

Basically, I am trying to weigh the pros and cons before I take that leap of faith!

Thanks in advance!

Cheerio!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

That's the part I am really not sure about! Does it really last that long despite all the testimonials?

Check it out - http://www.amazingglaze.com

A friend of mine recently got his car done for S$350! Kinda steep I thought!

By the way, finally got my car (SEAT Toledo) after missing the Skoda/JTA episode!

Hi Diver, this one claim to be same kindda of detailing product the aircraft is coated with... so its supposedly very durable and strong. Also used for boats etc....

The claims does sound damn good esp if its going to last you a year... dun count the money portion but you save helluva time detailing your car if this pdt only require you to send in once a year.

I think the drawback is the price... at that amt asking price, I wouldnt be too bothered.

Neutral Newbie

Congrats on your new Tody! Renegade is also getting his Tody end this month so you have another same same kaki on MCF!

As for the paint sealant, better off spending your $$ on a better product like Zaino and DIY. At least you'll appreciate your own hard work [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Hello Diver

I am running a polishing business (refer to threads in aftermarket:classified). Please do not misunderstand, as I don't wish to undermine my competitors.

Jus for your info.

Sealant basically refers to polymer wax, whereas normal wax are made from natural products. Sealant and wax acts as a protection for your car against weather, dirt and grim. Under Meguiar's Professional Body Shop Products, we also have a sealant (polymer wax). Yes, I do agree that they last longer (abt 2 months) than normal wax, but a year is too much.

Amazing Glaze do keep their promise and do up your car again within a year if the car dulls off (confirm by somebody from another forum), but who won't for $350. My yearly package cost less than that and I got to service my customers for 5 comprehensive jobs.

TB is right too, DIY is the best way to keep your car in the best shape. It is hard to find a professional polisher nowadays and many end up damaging your baby. I started off DIY all the way until I came into this business.

I don't wish to sell my stuff here, as it is not appropriate. Just sharing some info. You can refer to my advert in classified threads.

Let me know if you need more info.

Augustine

Neutral Newbie

Thanks! I heard about Renegade too. I believe he should take delivery by about 20 June. Should not need to wait till the end of the month though.

So keep me in mind at your next MCF meet up. Would love to meet the bunch of you and learn more.

Cheers!

Congrats on your new Tody! Renegade is also getting his Tody end this month so you have another same same kaki on MCF!

As for the paint sealant, better off spending your $$ on a better product like Zaino and DIY. At least you'll appreciate your own hard work [;)]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi Augustine,

Thanks the info. Will keep what you said in mind.

By the way, what's your opinion between Meguiar and Zaino products?

Cheers!

Edited by Diver

Hi Augustine,

Are you the distributor for Meguiar's products? I've been using the Gold Class Wax for 2 months ... so far so good. Will it be cheaper to get the Meguiar's products from you?

Also, how to preserve the layer of Gold Class Wax on my car? For me, I wipe the car every day (clean water with Autoglym's synthetic chamois). After a week, the surface will be squeaky clean, with almost no trace of wax.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Diver

I shouldn't comment on an issue like this as I could be biase. Any way, what u guys got so far are shelf products, which are meant for easy application. Best u try out for yourself. If u like to try or see Meguiar products, no harm making arrangements with me. Could also arrange for demo for the gang if anyone interested.

Augustine

Neutral Newbie

Hi Koolaba

No, I'm not the distributor for Meguiar's products. I'm just an authorised car groomer with my guys well trained in Meguiar's Quality Grooming.

I do carry Meguiar products and yes it would be slightly cheaper from me.

Glad to hear that you're using Meguiar's Gold Class Wax. I sure you love the feel & shine. The wax should last between three weeks to four weeks on the car's surface. The problem is with the synthetic chamois, every time you run it thru the surface, it removes some wax. Try using those orange coloured cloth chamois available in most petrol kiosk. Wash it couple of rounds to soften it before using on your car, less it scratch your car.

Washing with water is ok, but you'll get better shine and results using Meguiar's soft wash gel. (It does not remove wax.)

Wax will last better also if your car's surface is cleaned and glazed before application. It also prevents stubborn dirt & grim being stuck to the surface, with wax coated over it again. In other words, have your car polished (cleaned & glazed) once every two or three months + wax your car in between polishing sessions. This would keep your paint job in show room condition.

Augustine

Hi Augustine,

Thanks for your tips.

I've used the orange cloth previously before switching to the Autoglym chamois. Problem with them, especially the new ones, is that the dye of the cloth is very hard to get rid of. The first few pails of wash will be orange, no matter how much u rinse them. After 1-2 months, the cloth will be very "furry"-don't know whether this will scratch the paintwork or not.

Is it possible for u to reveal the price of the following Meguair's products?

1. Tire Gel (Purple coloured, with Ribena like smell)

2. Gold Class Wax

3. Soft Wash Gel

4. Polishing Cloth

Neutral Newbie

Hi Augustine,

Megiar's has these promo packs which Home-Fix is selling. Is it worthwhile to get them or would your offer be even better [:p] I actually need to replenish my shampoo, cloth, wax, etc. Would you be bringing stocks to meetup on thurs?? [:)][:)]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Nimitz68

If you are looking at the promo pack Home-Fix is selling, then I think it is a good buy. (I don't carry promo pack)

Koolaba has call me and gave me some pricing he saw in Carrefour. Looking into this issue at the moment. Partly also I don't have volume like dept stores. I could bring some loose stock in my car if anyone is interested.

See ya!

Augustine [;)]

Neutral Newbie
Hi Nimitz68

If you are looking at the promo pack Home-Fix is selling, then I think it is a good buy. (I don't carry promo pack)

Koolaba has call me and gave me some pricing he saw in Carrefour. Looking into this issue at the moment. Partly also I don't have volume like dept stores. I could bring some loose stock in my car if anyone is interested.

See ya!

Augustine [;)]

No worries...the promo pack is also good if you want everything. I may not need all the things in the promo pack. Still, look forward to meeting you tomorrow. Cheers. [:)]

Hi Augustine,

Have u checked out the prices of Meguiar's products? I passed by Carrefour last Sat & noted some prices. In fact, they are having a promotion now:

2 x Gold Class Car Wash & 1 terry towel (is this for polishing?) - $16.90

Premium pack - cleaner wax, applicator sponge, towel, quik finish - $24.90

Neutral Newbie
Hi Augustine,

Have u checked out the prices of Meguiar's products? I passed by Carrefour last Sat & noted some prices. In fact, they are having a promotion now:

2 x Gold Class Car Wash & 1 terry towel (is this for polishing?) - $16.90

Premium pack - cleaner wax, applicator sponge, towel, quik finish - $24.90

Hi Koolaba,

Maybe you can drop by Autobacs to check out the promo packs there...seems to be having a 25% off the usual. You can also compare at HomeFix, now having a 15% off for Meguiar's products. [:)]

↡ Advertisement