2016 2nd Generation Honda Freed

Blooper77

Such warranty from PI cannot be trusted. Read the terms n conditions very carefully.

PI do not operate like AD. AD is more responsible towards your years of car ownership.

During road shows/promotions.. usually 5-7years.

↡ Advertisement

Such warranty from PI cannot be trusted. Read the terms n conditions very carefully.

PI do not operate like AD. AD is more responsible towards your years of car ownership.

Yupp. The warranty is covered by Liberty Insurance in my case. I got 3 years warranty cover but the car price is actually lower than market average. I have visited some PI that provide 5 years warranty but the battery is actually 3 years warranty only. And you need to service with their authorised workshop for the warranty to be effective.

Yeah, pay $1800 for the extra 5 years. In addition, what kind of coverage is the extra 5 years? Even AD don't dare to give 10 years warranty while a PI dares. Think again :)

Warranty cover the  car parts. Do they charge labor?

• Praise 1

Get the Sensing unit then ð

It doesn't matter. U still only have 2 airbags.

While the sensing model is capable of the front. You have nothing from the sides

Turbocharged

Is it just me, or am I seeing more Freed on the road recently?

Is Honda attracting more buyers from Sienta?

(edited)

Is it just me, or am I seeing more Freed on the road recently?

Is Honda attracting more buyers from Sienta?

Well, it is a much better purchase than Sienta.

The seats are much thicker which results in better comfort

The engine is slightly more powerful in terms of pick up

The safety feature is slightly more superior and etc.

However, i am not discounting the fact that Sienta has its own advantages. However you are in the Freed thread.. :p

Edited by Anderss

It doesn't matter. U still only have 2 airbags.

While the sensing model is capable of the front. You have nothing from the sides

That’s what my concern too.. puts me off with just 2 airbags protection.

• Praise 2

Thatâs what my concern too.. puts me off with just 2 airbags protection.

Yeah i was contemplating for a long time too.

However Honda Sensing is one of the more superior technology compared to other brands.

Yeah i was contemplating for a long time too.

However Honda Sensing is one of the more superior technology compared to other brands.

Even if they have the best sensing, but when comes to a junction due to some others mistakes, it might crash into us and without side curtain bags. I find it unsafe for my family members, that’s why I’m currently still driving my 16 Vezel which has 6 airbags..

Neutral Newbie

Hi, will like to check on the solar film for freed.

I was told that the 2nd row and back window are tinted and so no need to have solar film.

In fact, if you add on solar film, it will fail LTA inspection in year 3.

Is it really not needed and will fail inspection?

Cos I saw many freed on the road will the rear window having the 3M logo, which I presume is the solar film.

Thanks for any advice.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Even if they have the best sensing, but when comes to a junction due to some others mistakes, it might crash into us and without side curtain bags. I find it unsafe for my family members, thatâs why Iâm currently still driving my 16 Vezel which has 6 airbags..

I agree. At the end of the day is still what you value more. If safety is utmost important, airbags will not be enough. I suggest to go for Volvo. Jap cars has thin chassis Edited by Anderss
  • Praise 1

Hi, will like to check on the solar film for freed.

I was told that the 2nd row and back window are tinted and so no need to have solar film.

In fact, if you add on solar film, it will fail LTA inspection in year 3.

Is it really not needed and will fail inspection?

Cos I saw many freed on the road will the rear window having the 3M logo, which I presume is the solar film.

Thanks for any advice.

I thought to replace the solar film from my PI to 3M crystaline. However, it seems the default tinted glass is good enough.

I didn't replace the front and the windshield also. I think they are UV cut. so it's not so hot compared to my old car under the sun now. 

Try first then see if need 3M later.

• Praise 1

I thought to replace the solar film from my PI to 3M crystaline. However, it seems the default tinted glass is good enough.

I didn't replace the front and the windshield also. I think they are UV cut. so it's not so hot compared to my old car under the sun now.

Try first then see if need 3M later.

Same, my PI provided something extremely decent in my case hence i just leave it and forgo having to install the 3M

Neutral Newbie

Juz got my ride

Where can I upgrade the tyre to 195/55r16?

I cannot find such type.

Sent to Yhi, the advisor said I will not find such tyre or rim as it is not common. Furthermore the tyre will protrude out from the side which is illegal. Anyone can help?