A New Chapter - Skoda Singapore

Carbon82

14 hours ago, Dannnn said:

u all got memory seat right?

usually mirror tilt is linked to memory seat.

No memory seat. 
senile seats for most of us.. 😂 but the mirror still tilt. 

memory seats are tag to the keys and when u triggered the mirrors and seats will move to the last tag of the keys

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

14 hours ago, Dannnn said:

u all got memory seat right?

usually mirror tilt is linked to memory seat.

was previously driving a3 with manual seat adjustment. mirror tilt down function was enabled by default.

for skoda, memory seat function is linked to the individual mirror adjustment for driving (and also works for car key driver profile)

Ohh , all along i tot need memory seat to tilt, as the mechanism should be same etc.

so now i know manual seat , maybe also can program/install mirror tilt.

On 9/9/2020 at 3:46 PM, Splinter said:

For my SEAT Ateca, I enabled the the mirror down function (during reverse) via coding.

I find the mirror down function is quite different from my previous car (Korean). After shifting out of reverse gear, the mirror is still tilted down. I read somewhere the mirror will return back to original position after driving off and reaching certain speed. Doesn't seem to happen for me, probably will give it a try again.

Yes it will remain tilted down as the car think you are still in parking mode until you achieve a certain speed say 15-20km/h or you change the mirror position to centre or turn off your car. 

For Skoda, the kerb side mirror tilt down function is paired with driver electric seats, so any car with driver side electric seats will have left kerb side mirror function. 

• Praise 5

On 9/6/2020 at 8:45 PM, ThomFort said:

OK, the Varioflex was quite useful when I was transporting some bulky stuff that day.. 

But then when I went to ntuc and came back with bags of stuff, and thought it would be great if I have a virtual pedal so i don't have to struggle to open the boot.. Anyway to retrofit?? 

Yes I'm sure it is to be able to throw furniture in by removing the seats.. haha!
You can try shops like elebest, I think they might provide this option or any bros here whom have done it before. 

Anyway, COE went up again... just to provide you guys here with information... for anyone here that is still on the fence and missed the last round, SCS is keeping prices of last round till this weekend. 
There are still 2X Octavia/Karoq left that we can do the last price for you and a few limited pieces of open CAT if you decide not to wait for bidding. PM me for more info. Cheers!

• Praise 4

It is a strange pairing (mirror down and electric seat function) as these two are not related. My car has mirror down function and manual seats. The mirror down function is important in reducing risk of kerb crash in parallel parking situation.

Edited by Shouyi

20 hours ago, Shoebox said:

VCDS coding instructions for Octavia to dip mirror on selecting reverse:
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/#comment-3568776

Apparently it works for manual seats.

MUST make sure the mirror has the feature as well. But VCDS is widely available at most VAG workshop. Just ask they to code when you go for oil change.

Some wants a fee. Some just do it for long term customers for free.

• Praise 2

Posting here since we are on the topic of mirror dip function 🙂

I re-enabled the mirror dip function on my Ateca (coding). The mirror doesn't revert back to original position after engaging 'D' and driving off at more than 50km/h. 

It does go back to original position when I shift to 'P' and switch off engine.

Not sure is it the way SEAT implemented it, but it's definitely different from the way it functions for VW and Skoda.

• Praise 2

one thing i cant get it straight is,  how do the mirror "memorize" your tilt angle , if you dont have a memory seat/function?

unless the coding is set to Reverse = Angle xx , out of reverse = angle xxx

• Praise 1

Coding is just to activate the function since it is not configurable over the HU.

It saves the mirror settings just like forward driving. So without electric seats/memory, it tags to key fob.

Screenshot_20200913-094735_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Edited by badlammy
  • Praise 6

On 9/13/2020 at 9:52 AM, badlammy said:

Coding is just to activate the function since it is not configurable over the HU.

It saves the mirror settings just like forward driving. So without electric seats/memory, it tags to key fob.

I am driving Kodiaq, manual seat. After activating it with OBDEleven , there is an option in HU to disable/enable it.

It will move back to original position after 20KM/h, same time as auto door lock.

• Praise 6

Very happy to join the Skoda family today. Been eyeing one for ard 2 years and finally time was ripe. This forum no doubt provided lotsa insights in my decision making, many thanks!

Anyone can advise where can I get under bonnet insulation? Which stockist?

• Praise 6

9 hours ago, ToMiKe said:

Very happy to join the Skoda family today. Been eyeing one for ard 2 years and finally time was ripe. This forum no doubt provided lotsa insights in my decision making, many thanks!

Which model did you get? 

11 hours ago, ToMiKe said:

congra

↡ Advertisement