EPS car park gantry - no entry record

Kb27

Just hope the car park attendance got common sense lor. No system is 100% perfect. 

Happened to me 2 times so far the attendance just lift up the barrier.

How to break the barrier ah?

During the weekend, I (and many others) were stuck in one carpark. Intercom didn't work so I tried to lift the barrier but I think I was too weak. Waited a bit then went off to walk around instead of wasting my time so don't know how the situation was resolved.

Please dont blame operator of car parks. it is the poor. design of car parks.although car park is a gden goose, little attention was given. 

most times, architect simply draws some lines to max nos or meet codes. the EPS guy will then figure how to make it works. it is like they bought ducks and ask them to cook chicken rice lor.

Our Tampines Hub is having free parking from 1200 to 1400 hrs. Recently, I went in @ past 1200 hrs and left after 1500. I was charged for the full 3+ hours!

Just hope the car park attendance got common sense lor. No system is 100% perfect. 

Happened to me 2 times so far the attendance just lift up the barrier.

There must be someone responded to you when you got stuck at the gantry lo. But i find most of the time no one is there to response to you when you press the intercom at the gantry de. Esp at night and weekends.

Edited by 13177

This is not the frustrating part. In places say a mall when the EPS is mulfunctioning, eg. able to detect some cars but not all cars' IU, there's a long queue forming but the person in-charge of the parking system just come down and see see look look and dan went off. WTF?!

The reason the fellow went off is most likely he saw that some cars are able to exit w/o issue. But what he don't know is that some cars experience "no entry record". Had to call the hp number pasted at the gantry to contact someone. How frustrating.

There are also good ppl who recognised there's an issue with the system and had caused  jam in the carpark the officer off the system and open up the barrier. [laugh]

i suspect it's a way of them holding up those cars behind and then for every car/minute, u can see how much more they can 'earn' by just this delay tactic of theirs, one year and the sum 'cheated' from all the motorists can be very substantial

Why I post this thread is to share what I found out, albeit much later.

If I'd known earlier I'd not be caught in that situation.

For those who thinks I want to cheat gantry, read properly.

I shall not discussed that further.

The point is, if you accidentally trigger the exit gantry in any situation (like trying to reverse park), you must passed through it. Otherwise, your entry record is DELETED and you'll be caught in a "No entry record" situation and starts wondering why it happen to you.

Granted, there may be cases of defective IU or cashcard or even some EPS system detecting the same cashcard needed to enter and exit. But most EPS system detects your IU s/n.

how about install a switch to switch off the IU?

these IU readers all take our personal data and dunno do what with it man!

There must be someone responded to you when you got stuck at the gantry lo. But i find most of the time no one is there to response to you when you press the intercom at the gantry de. Esp at night and weekends.

Both at noon so maybe I heng lor. Btw the intercom is phone line cos can hear the ring tone after pressed.

Both at noon so maybe I heng lor. Btw the intercom is phone line cos can hear the ring tone after pressed.

Phone line or not also same if no one responded la?! Lol. 

i suspect it's a way of them holding up those cars behind and then for every car/minute, u can see how much more they can 'earn' by just this delay tactic of theirs, one year and the sum 'cheated' from all the motorists can be very substantial

You are quite right, whenever those cars got stuck at the gantry, and no one responded to them. The parking charge for cars behind indeed increased a lot. Although some people might find few cents more consider small amount, but like you said, few cents for many cars would add up quite a lot.

Turbocharged
On 10/2/2017 at 8:21 AM, Watwheels said:

This is not the frustrating part. In places say a mall when the EPS is mulfunctioning, eg. able to detect some cars but not all cars' IU, there's a long queue forming but the person in-charge of the parking system just come down and see see look look and dan went off. WTF?!

The reason the fellow went off is most likely he saw that some cars are able to exit w/o issue. But what he don't know is that some cars experience "no entry record". Had to call the hp number pasted at the gantry to contact someone. How frustrating.

There are also good ppl who recognised there's an issue with the system and had caused  jam in the carpark the officer off the system and open up the barrier.

These 2 cases happen to me recently. I can't help but think the eps got an update and it has a virus in it. And dan this thread pop up. [laugh]

I recently have this problem at a gantry where I am a season parking holder without issues for the past few years. The Gantry won't lift and I had to use the intercom to tell the auntie to open up.

At first thought my IU got problem, went Vicom and checked Ok.

Then reported to HDB about this issue. 

Few days later threw me to their vendor to troubleshoot with me. The vendor called after yet another few days. Appointment made on the following week.

Eventually the tech went to the gantry, tuned the frequency of the sensor (as I was told), then it worked.

All in all took me about 1 month of inconvenience.. 

My conclusion.. if suddenly the gantry don't work, it's likely someone tuned the sensor frequency (perhaps for someone else 🤣) and might result in yours not working 🤣

• Haha! 1

Supersonic

Another thing I found with the gantry is if you try to exit at exactly 3 am, the barrier would not open.

It will tell you to wait...and wait, until you're about to get frustrated reversing and moving your car sideways trying to get its attention.

I think they are probably rebooting the system at that time, so you suay suay hit that timing, you really got to wait.

I may be wrong, but it seems to be that timing.

On 6/30/2023 at 1:30 PM, Kb27 said:

Another thing I found with the gantry is if you try to exit at exactly 3 am, the barrier would not open.

It will tell you to wait...and wait, until you're about to get frustrated reversing and moving your car sideways trying to get its attention.

I think they are probably rebooting the system at that time, so you suay suay hit that timing, you really got to wait.

You try again tonight update us? 

haha 

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 6/30/2023 at 1:30 PM, Kb27 said:

Exit at 3am? How many people would exit at 3am at such ulu timing. Don’t think it will happen to me. 3pm likely lo. 😂

Hypersonic
On 6/30/2023 at 10:58 AM, Solar said:

I recently have this problem at a gantry where I am a season parking holder without issues for the past few years. The Gantry won't lift and I had to use the intercom to tell the auntie to open up.

At first thought my IU got problem, went Vicom and checked Ok.

Then reported to HDB about this issue. 

Few days later threw me to their vendor to troubleshoot with me. The vendor called after yet another few days. Appointment made on the following week.

Eventually the tech went to the gantry, tuned the frequency of the sensor (as I was told), then it worked.

All in all took me about 1 month of inconvenience.. 

My conclusion.. if suddenly the gantry don't work, it's likely someone tuned the sensor frequency (perhaps for someone else 🤣) and might result in yours not working 🤣

Yours is gantry won’t lift, maybe due to sensor problem. I have encountered few times before in this carpark, one particular exit gantry in this carpark always show the parking charges amount and please insert cashcard when exit. It just won’t deduct thru the IU. But if i go to another gantry exit within the carpark, it would not have this issue and deduct thru IU. 

Turbocharged
On 7/1/2023 at 11:08 AM, 13177 said:

Yours is gantry won’t lift, maybe due to sensor problem. I have encountered few times before in this carpark, one particular exit gantry in this carpark always show the parking charges amount and please insert cashcard when exit. It just won’t deduct thru the IU. But if i go to another gantry exit within the carpark, it would not have this issue and deduct thru IU. 

Other cars were okay except mine. 

The tech and I troubleshoot by shifting the car's entry location from extreme right to extreme left.. All didn't work.

His eventual conclusion was the gantry sensor frequency needed to adjust.. Three hardware wasn't changed.

Twincharged
On 7/1/2023 at 11:14 AM, Solar said:

Other cars were okay except mine. 

The tech and I troubleshoot by shifting the car's entry location from extreme right to extreme left.. All didn't work.

His eventual conclusion was the gantry sensor frequency needed to adjust.. Three hardware wasn't changed.

Or your IU sensor old Liao. The bandwidth for the sensor cannot be so narrow such that need to adjust. Find it odd. 

↡ Advertisement