COE bidding - 1st round of Feb 2017

therock

by tht time, MY OWN COE expire liao

KNN, for you to pick that first apple, I think your COE need to expire a few rounds first, dont think of the tart as yet.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

tt why we dun see the apple or fruit tart anywhere around

5K coe need to sell many fruit tarts you know, now 50K coe I think supply you recipe you ownself make fruit tart better.

Because no car to deliver liao. [:p]  [:p]  [:p]  

the problem with SG mentality is the sense of ENTITLEMENT.  Alot of complainers who thinks that someone owe them a living, and they are entitled to a car, private house, maid, good school, good job.

This and the low COE 10 years ago made it hard for folks to digest the new COE level.

You can see letters in ST, demanding the COE be made longer, that COEs be set aside for all kinds of categories, eg retirees, families, etc ..

I grant you that some of them do have some need.

Eg, one car shared by an extended family can be good - drop kids, drop parents at the hospital, drop husband etc, but most demand a car because it's convenient.

I admit, I am spoilt too, but I think our public transport also needs improvement.

Take the same example, if I have two kids, two parents and a maid in tow, taking the MRT is nuts, and I can't fit in a taxi.

I will still continue to save for a car. And bid what it takes to secure it. Even our marginal buyers have parents, kids etc, and they too aspire to this, which they also consider the norm, as they see others doing the same.

If we can have the local temp at a constant 25c, level ground, and a well connected MRT with plenty of cycle paths, well...

I think I must be talking about Vancouver or dreaming about paradise  [;)]

Congrats bro, cum 22 feb we all gather here "beat air" for you and @tangoelite, [grouphug] although you 2 become competitor for a few days. [laugh][laugh]

going back to VW or jump ship? ^_^

I still bought a car with 7 speed dry dsg . But no it is not a volkswagen.

back to need vs want.

No end to it.

Charity takes care of the need.

Ownself takes care of the wants.

Need more? Ask for more.

Want more? Work harder.

Don't try to confabulate a want by attempting to camouflage it with streaks of needs.

This and the low COE 10 years ago made it hard for folks to digest the new COE level.

You can see letters in ST, demanding the COE be made longer, that COEs be set aside for all kinds of categories, eg retirees, families, etc ..

I grant you that some of them do have some need.

Eg, one car shared by an extended family can be good - drop kids, drop parents at the hospital, drop husband etc, but most demand a car because it's convenient.

I admit, I am spoilt too, but I think our public transport also needs improvement.

Take the same example, if I have two kids, two parents and a maid in tow, taking the MRT is nuts, and I can't fit in a taxi.

I will still continue to save for a car. And bid what it takes to secure it. Even our marginal buyers have parents, kids etc, and they too aspire to this, which they also consider the norm, as they see others doing the same.

If we can have the local temp at a constant 25c, level ground, and a well connected MRT with plenty of cycle paths, well...

I think I must be talking about Vancouver or dreaming about paradise  [;)]

choice there is non bro, COE no care you from MCF or not. The moment you two signed the paper, you are competing liao, competing to grab that limited pc of electronic paper. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

That's why, every time I see people asking for group buy car, I laugh till stomach cramp.

:D

• Praise 1

None of them. I bought a Leon. Essentially a mark 7 Golf with a party frock.

You are a true VW fan, nice car, cheers.

That's why, every time I see people asking for group buy car, I laugh till stomach cramp.

:D

Some benefits la..

More freebies, and the rep will be more likely to help cut his own commission and give you things like a better DVR.. 

7 spd dry dsg bro. 

It has to be within the VW grp, either a VW, an audi, a skoda or a seat.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Actually bro, all the above use the dry clutch..

Kia Carens, Hyundai Tucson.

Vezel you say, yes, the Hybrid does.

Edited by therock

None of them. I bought a Leon. Essentially a mark 7 Golf with a party frock.

looks like your chance also very very high this coming bid.  [thumbsup]

Actually bro, all the above use the dry clutch..

Kia Carens, Hyundai Tucson.

Vezel you say, yes, the Hybrid does.

do they call it "7 spd dry DSG" also? Not that I can remember tho.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

do they call it "7 spd dry DSG" also? Not that I can remember tho.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

If you wish to go pedantic, it's a 7 speed DCT, that's what they are called..  -_-

And for KIA and likely Hyundai, it's developed in house..

Don't know much about the Vezel one though..

If you wish to go pedantic, it's a 7 speed DCT, that's what they are called.. -_-

And for KIA and likely Hyundai, it's developed in house..

Don't know much about the Vezel one though..

Precisely. He said dry dsg, he didn't say dry dct.

So it can only be from the vag group

With ADs doing COE bidding, we actually have a more stable market. They are managing hundreds of orders, hence they will lock in their price early and not wait until last minute as it is hard to change prices for so many people. But once more individuals start bidding, that's when all hell breaks loose.

AD bid for everyone $48265, now left 1 minute and COE slowly creep up until currently holding at $49001. AD will most likely suck thumb, good try, still got 5 bids left, try again 2 weeks later. But if I bid as individual, I confirm chiong to update my bid to $49500 to secure the COE, only extra $800 over 10 years, I must be siao to miss the chance, who knows what might happen 2 weeks later?

Imagine another 1000 people doing the same, I think it will be a very crazy bidding session like stock market!