COE bidding - 1st round of Feb 2017

therock

I can reply to you in dots too.................see who confuses who................... [laugh]  [laugh]

KNN.................ppl will be wondering................WTF.............this crazy guy ..............talking to himself.........if @superbored join in................the whole place tua luan............. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

KNN.................ppl will be wondering................WTF.............this crazy guy ..............talking to himself.........if @superbored join in................the whole place tua luan............. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

.... .- .... .- --..-- / .-- .- .. - / .-- . / -.- . -. -. .- / ... -.-. --- .-.. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / -. --- - / ... - .. -.-. -.- .. -. --. / - --- / - --- .--. .. -.-.

:shy:

blame @vratenza

Edited by SuPerBoRed

.... .- .... .- --..-- / .-- .- .. - / .-- . / -.- . -. -. .- / ... -.-. --- .-.. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / -. --- - / ... - .. -.-. -.- .. -. --. / - --- / - --- .--. .. -.-.

:shy:

blame @vratenza

[email protected] better faster come and decode......... -_-  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

It still boils down to supply and demand..

Since we still have more buyers than the number of COEs, can we really tie down a certain bid sum?

Let me answer my own question: No.

If I am a wealthy man, I will bid whatever it takes to get my car. 

yup, end of the day is still supply and demand, no running away from the fact.  [thumbsup]

I just placed a deposit for a new car yesterday.

Let's see how it goes on 22 Feb 2017. 2 days after the budget is announced .

Congrats bro, cum 22 feb we all gather here "beat air" for you and @tangoelite, [grouphug]  although you 2 become competitor for a few days.  [laugh]  [laugh]

going back to VW or jump ship?  ^_^

• Praise 2

The difference lies in the actual bidding when the self bidder needs to transfer that hard cash (~50K) to place his bid.

This is a psychological barrier that reminds the self bidder that he is committing his finance to a car. So the person bidding will not be as willing to go up the bidding scale if his budget is tight or he is not willing to pay above a certain value.

While if a person signs up with the AD/PI, he is absolved from such mental exercise and test of resolve. He just need to commit 5-10K hard cash up front. The AD/PI will do the "dirty" job of deciding the amount to bid for the buyer. Just remember that the AD/PI will never make a money losing sale.

I never bid for COE myself but my recent endeavor to bid for a number plate opens up my eyes to the psychological effect of the bidding process... mind you, the number plate bidding is a closed bidding so you have to second guess what your potential competing bidder will be willing to bid and bid one higher. I cannot imagine the situation when it is open bidding. I will probably get a heart attack trying... :D

Try it with a $3 million deal on a so call "open bidding" "Reverse Bidding" system with Mindef procurement. Where qualified and selected suppliers bid against one another openly, everyone chop everyone until the last man standing in a pool of blood when others left quietly. Not only do you need a strong heart, a clear mind is of absolute critical.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Congrats bro, cum 22 feb we all gather here "beat air" for you and @tangoelite, [grouphug]  although you 2 become competitor for a few days.  [laugh]  [laugh]

going back to VW or jump ship?  ^_^

TQVM

no competition! all mcf bros are friendly, we only compete with non-mcf folks. LOL

• Praise 2

TQVM

no competition! all mcf bros are friendly, we only compete with non-mcf folks. LOL

choice there is non bro, COE no care you from MCF or not. The moment you two signed the paper, you are competing liao, competing to grab that limited pc of electronic paper. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]  

It still boils down to supply and demand..

Since we still have more buyers than the number of COEs, can we really tie down a certain bid sum?

Let me answer my own question: No.

If I am a wealthy man, I will bid whatever it takes to get my car. 

It's true, people taking the plunge on buying new car will go all out pay abit more to secure the purchase. For that few days once you pen the sales agreement, everyone that has recently signed or going to buy will become your competitor for that limited no. of COEs for that round (+ next few).

Since alr made the decision, should just go with it. Those half-hearted ones, very waste time, esp. the SE's. If $$$ concerns, stay on a sidelines more first la hehe

Should the last winning bid has the same price, I think is right nobody win as the quota that has the same price be carried forward to next bidding.

I still think if the seller stats the max that they are willing to bid could minimize a lot of misunderstanding.

COE rebate is usually not the bidding price.

When you ask SE at showroom, no SE would say they bid at COE rebate. They are going to tell you a few thousand above rebate and is decided by management.

I don't think the sellers will do that, state the max that they are willing to bid and lock themselves down. The difference between the rebate and what the sellers are willing to bid is intentionally left grey to allow them the free play. I suspect they would look at the picture and not consider every single sales or bid by itself. With the COE fluctuations, they win big on some and win less on others but ultimately should make good enough margin to keep the business afloat. That also explains why the SE don't do the bidding but the company does.

Congrats bro, cum 22 feb we all gather here "beat air" for you and @tangoelite, [grouphug] although you 2 become competitor for a few days. [laugh][laugh]

going back to VW or jump ship? ^_^

Don't forget me too.... I also seeing if i get my manual accent NG
  • Praise 4

It's true, people taking the plunge on buying new car will go all out pay abit more to secure the purchase. For that few days once you pen the sales agreement, everyone that has recently signed or going to buy will become your competitor for that limited no. of COEs for that round (+ next few).

Since alr made the decision, should just go with it. Those half-hearted ones, very waste time, esp. the SE's. If $$$ concerns, stay on a sidelines more first la hehe

SG durian trees not many left, wait for durian drop not say impossible, wait long sure got chance.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

SG durian trees not many left, wait for durian drop not say impossible, wait long sure got chance.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

tt why we dun see the apple or fruit tart anywhere around

• Praise 1

I don't think the sellers will do that, state the max that they are willing to bid and lock themselves down. The difference between the rebate and what the sellers are willing to bid is intentionally left grey to allow them the free play. I suspect they would look at the picture and not consider every single sales or bid by itself. With the COE fluctuations, they win big on some and win less on others but ultimately should make good enough margin to keep the business afloat. That also explains why the SE don't do the bidding but the company does.

go to war also need bullets, dont supply bullets then everyone go universal rounds meh. Bang bang bang!!!  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

that one must wait lagi longer.... must plant seed and wait till grow till apple tree and then can pluck....then must bake into a fruit.apple tart. :D

tt why we dun see the apple or fruit tart anywhere around

• Praise 2

that one must wait lagi longer.... must plant seed and wait till grow till apple tree and then can pluck....then must bake into a fruit.apple tart. :D

by tht time, MY OWN COE expire liao

Don't forget me too.... I also seeing if i get my manual accent NG

Oh yes our Angel, how can forget you.  [thumbsup]

Cum cum, cum 22 feb we not only "beat air" for you, we must "add oil" for you also!!!! [grouphug]  [bounce2]

I think you got chance!!! [thumbsup]