The new Pirelli P Zero PZ4 Tyres- Launched

Jacklenny

Hypersonic
On 8/12/2024 at 2:52 PM, Voodooman said:

Can share your list of tyres rated above 7/10?  Need to change my front tyres soon. No bouncy sidewalls for me. Kamsia in advance.

Pilot Sport 5.

From RFT to non-RFT, need to increase tyre pressure by 10%.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
On 8/12/2024 at 4:40 PM, inlinesix said:

Pilot Sport 5.

From RFT to non-RFT, need to increase tyre pressure by 10%.

Thanks for recommendation.  I always wanted to go back to Michelin but this one don't have RF and I go KL often, so it is a risk.

Yes, I always overinflated (0.1 above recommended) a bit for a harder ride. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 8/12/2024 at 4:51 PM, Voodooman said:

Thanks for recommendation.  I always wanted to go back to Michelin but this one don't have RF and I go KL often, so it is a risk.

Yes, I always overinflated (0.1 above recommended) a bit for a harder ride. 

I changed tyres because of a puncture happened while I was on the way to Changi Village for supper last Saturday, air leaked from 260kPa to Zero in 3 minutes 

first time I experienced driving with 0 kPa/psi on a RFT

I remember pirelli says not exceeding 80km/h, 80km

it's not fun, I think the sweet spot is around 60km/h, slower or faster than 60km/h l, the car will have a bit of fishtailing

20240812_180117.thumb.jpg.4bdca13fe8abe2ea8e638d3b18291982.jpg

Edited by Gnahp
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

Supersonic
On 8/12/2024 at 5:50 PM, Gnahp said:

I changed tyres because of a puncture happened while I was on the way to Changi Village for supper last Saturday, air leaked from 260kPa to Zero in 3 minutes 

first time I experienced driving with 0 kPa/psi on a RFT

I remember pirelli says not exceeding 80km/h, 80km

it's not fun, I think the sweet spot is around 60km/h, slower or faster than 60km/h l, the car will have a bit of fishtailing

20240812_180117.thumb.jpg.4bdca13fe8abe2ea8e638d3b18291982.jpg

I have experienced lao hong before but zero pressure is quite rare.  Presume can't patch it?

Changing one side or both? Tyre shop always tell me must change both if not uneven wear and tear. Make sense somewhat but also don't if the other tyre is still relatively new. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Can share your list of tyres rated above 7/10?  Need to change my front tyres soon. No bouncy sidewalls for me. Kamsia in advance.

Why not you also rate the tires you have tried. Although it will be different sizes over different cars. Then @Hamburger can also share it and we all benefit. 
I start the ball rolling by giving my 2cents.

1. Michelin PS2. 8.5 or 9. Supple enough but yet grippy in wet and dry. Everything is progressive. Pretty comfortable and quiet too. My best tires ever. I bought them used about 2-3 years old and even then still bloody good. 

2. Michelin PSS. Surprisingly gives up some grip vs PS2. 8. Wet grip also not so great like PS2. 
3. Michelin PS4. This one is decidedly a more touring type of tire. 6.5 or 7 given the price. 
4. Yokohama AD07. Stiff sidewalls and good dry but terrible wet. Overall 6-7. 
5. Bridgestone RE004. Good dry and pretty good wet only gives up a little vs dry. Only negative is noisy. 7.5-8. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
On 8/12/2024 at 6:37 PM, Voodooman said:

I have experienced lao hong before but zero pressure is quite rare.  Presume can't patch it?

Changing one side or both? Tyre shop always tell me must change both if not uneven wear and tear. Make sense somewhat but also don't if the other tyre is still relatively new. 

both rear tyres are near to the end of life so I changed both

it was a big cut so can't patch at all

I dare not to drive it to the tyre shop from home, so I rent a getgo sienta to do the sai kang

if you smell strong fresh rubber smell in a getgo sienta, that's me 😁

Clipped_image_20240812_175727.thumb.png.d6e0b30b4114b8704c8ac672693fa6d9.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)
On 8/12/2024 at 7:21 PM, Gnahp said:

both rear tyres are near to the end of life so I changed both

it was a big cut so can't patch at all

I dare not to drive it to the tyre shop from home, so I rent a getgo sienta to do the sai kang

if you smell strong fresh rubber smell in a getgo sienta, that's me 😁

Clipped_image_20240812_175727.thumb.png.d6e0b30b4114b8704c8ac672693fa6d9.png

I thought you would do this to bring to tire shop. 
hahha

IMG_4340.jpeg

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
On 8/12/2024 at 9:55 PM, Mkl22 said:

hahha

IMG_4340.jpeg

I tried rolling two at once

failed big time

need skill one 😁

Supersonic
(edited)
On 8/12/2024 at 6:40 PM, Mkl22 said:

Why not you also rate the tires you have tried. Although it will be different sizes over different cars. Then @Hamburger can also share it and we all benefit. 
I start the ball rolling by giving my 2cents.

1. Michelin PS2. 8.5 or 9. Supple enough but yet grippy in wet and dry. Everything is progressive. Pretty comfortable and quiet too. My best tires ever. I bought them used about 2-3 years old and even then still bloody good. 

2. Michelin PSS. Surprisingly gives up some grip vs PS2. 8. Wet grip also not so great like PS2. 
3. Michelin PS4. This one is decidedly a more touring type of tire. 6.5 or 7 given the price. 
4. Yokohama AD07. Stiff sidewalls and good dry but terrible wet. Overall 6-7. 
5. Bridgestone RE004. Good dry and pretty good wet only gives up a little vs dry. Only negative is noisy. 7.5-8. 

Happy to share but my record keeping is pretty bad and my memory is failing me these days. Prior to PZero PZ4 and PS4, which I have used in last 5-10 years.  I tried Hankook V12 (I think), Conti CSC [3 or 4], Yokohama XXXX, etc, etc. All were decent (save for the scary Falken) but they are not as good as the PS4/ PZero. Didn't try PS4S as they don't have RF in the size I needed then.

Between PZ4 and PS4, the latter is longer lasting but sidewall is a tad too soft for my liking.  I didn't think dry / wet grip between the 2 is that noticable for my driving but the PZero is a bit wider (275) vs the PS4 (265) I used on a different car, so not exactly an apple to apple. Agree with Hamburger that the PZ4 aquaplane a bit more but I always thought it is a function of its width and its lower profile, making it a little more hydro but I never once felt I lost control in the wet (I am however quite timid when it rains thanks to the Falken).

I am thinking of trying out other tires, hence the question to Hamburger.  I am however restricted to RFT only. 

Read Eagle F1 has RF for my size.  Any comments from users?

Edited by Voodooman

Supersonic
On 8/12/2024 at 11:02 PM, Voodooman said:

Happy to share but my record keeping is pretty bad and my memory is failing me these days. Prior to PZero PZ4 and PS4, which I have used in last 5-10 years.  I tried Hankook V12 (I think), Conti CSC [3 or 4], Yokohama XXXX, etc, etc. All were decent (save for the scary Falken) but they are not as good as the PS4/ PZero. Didn't try PS4S as they don't have RF in the size I needed then.

Between PZ4 and PS4, the latter is longer lasting but sidewall is a tad too soft for my liking.  I didn't think dry / wet grip between the 2 is that noticable for my driving but the PZero is a bit wider (275) vs the PS4 (265) I used on a different car, so not exactly an apple to apple. Agree with Hamburger that the PZ4 aquaplane a bit more but I always thought it is a function of its width and its lower profile, making it a little more hydro but I never once felt I lost control in the wet (I am however quite timid when it rains thanks to the Falken).

I am thinking of trying out other tires, hence the question to Hamburger.  I am however restricted to RFT only. 

Read Eagle F1 has RF for my size.  Any comments from users?

Yes, Eagle F1 very good value for money.  All those years i used Pzeros, MichelinPilot sport, Contisportcontact, then i decided to changed to Goodyear Eagle F1 Assy and never looked back.   Of course, that was long ago.  Nowadays i only use fat fat tyres.  Cheap cheap and last long long

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Only could recall many years ago the mich pilot sport(PPS??) No matter how i kup also no laksa. 9/10 for me.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

my sharing - not PZ4 but p7c2 run for past 5mth, 5000km. replaces PS4 on same car. 

my....pirelli really surprised me big time on this...over the years, i have had primacy 4, ps3, ps4. ya michelin brand itself wont go wrong but with a price premium. but this p7c2 is jus up there with it - very quiet and stable and its supposed to be a touring tyre. 

I will stick to a pirelli again next....would love to try this PZ4.  

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 8/12/2024 at 9:55 PM, Mkl22 said:

hahha

IMG_4340.jpeg

Go by beach road only...?😁

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 8/14/2024 at 9:41 AM, Hamburger said:

Only could recall many years ago the mich pilot sport(PPS??) No matter how i kup also no laksa. 9/10 for me.

Should be PSS (Michelin Pilot Super Sport) which has been replaced by PS4S.  Let me check if they have RF. Thanks for sharing.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 8/14/2024 at 12:47 PM, Voodooman said:

Should be PSS (Michelin Pilot Super Sport) which has been replaced by PS4S.  Let me check if they have RF. Thanks for sharing.

I think replaced by Pilot Sport 5.

PSS was a sweet spot for me.  Chiong up to CH.  

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 8/14/2024 at 12:50 PM, inlinesix said:

I think replaced by Pilot Sport 5.

PSS was a sweet spot for me.  Chiong up to CH.  

From that i read, PS5 will replaced PS4.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
On 8/14/2024 at 1:17 PM, Voodooman said:

From that i read, PS5 will replaced PS4.

Correct,PS4s still the Best...PS5s now only on some Supercars as OEM.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1