The new Pirelli P Zero PZ4 Tyres- Launched

Jacklenny

Haha not really hard selling to me la I purposely look for better price compare to other shops that quoted me for tyres.. I bought my rims at Leong Seng but not their tyres.. so to individual I guess.. So far I mean is worth the price for the specs for this tyres which was recommended..

Is true so many tyres shop out there I mean everybody will go for price 1st which shop offer the cheapest and country of make of the tyres.. end of the day what is your requirement? I did asked around before I finally decided on this though..

Kim Hoe has this bad practice of hard selling pirelli tires to consumers. Maybe their profit margin on pirelli tires is higher? I don't know but i think it's quite messed up especially for people who don't know what they want.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Hi that time when I bought it was $220 for 225/45/18 for 1 piece and since mine was low profile and promotion price which Kim Hoe quoted me.. he told me SG haven't bring it yet and parallel imported in due to very good reviews from other countries.. mine was Made in Italy for this set of tyres..

That one time I checked some site (I think Kim Hoe's online page), quoted $380+ for my size...  [shocked]

Turbocharged

I was just quoted $290/pc for my odd size for "PZ4", any idea if that's appropriate?

Turbocharged

what size? i was quoted 292 for 235/45/R18

same size as you

But I was encouraged to uprate to 240/245, and that kind of puts me off

try to stay stock size lar. i most likely will go Goodyear A3 in July but was wondering if they still have side wall crack issue reported previously by user on the A2

same size as you

same size as you

For me Priority is Size first , don't simply change size because of some commercial reason (the workshop) 

sometime changing size on stock wheel may not be good choice because of the stock wheel width may not accept the bigger tire size.

some change size to save Money (to me is not appropriate .) 

just MHO

Turbocharged

For me Priority is Size first , don't simply change size because of some commercial reason (the workshop) 

sometime changing size on stock wheel may not be good choice because of the stock wheel width may not accept the bigger tire size.

some change size to save Money (to me is not appropriate .) 

just MHO

Agree with you. I am rather wary of such shops that try to convince you to do such things.

Agree with you. I am rather wary of such shops that try to convince you to do such things.

Yes, always get the same Tyres size unless you do have major mod or rim changes. 

Better walk away from any workshop if there do not have your tyre profile on the spot  ...

Sometimes your profile changes might effect your turning and hit your other part such as muffler , internal wall , fender and so. 

I did rear fender roll after change rim from 16 to 18 inch ...coz my tyre hit the rear fender when my rear sit 3 adults while going thru the   hump. 

You can use some online calculator to check if the tyre profile is fine on your car ....

just simply looking at the vehicle manufacturers tire size recommendation .

Sometime is truth that certain odd size isn't common here you might have to consider alternative

happy driving

Hi I have been using this set of tyres for about 2 months.. As these tyres have not officially launched yet during the Dec time when I was planning to change the tyres.. Yes wet is very good and even dry also excellent.. Road noise is surprisingly good for performance tyres.. shop recommended me this tyres instead of PSS as they told me these are better and price wise not much differences.. Actual photo of the tyre spec which I took that time.

bro, any updates on the tyres with respect to road noise? Am interested in getting one of these :)

bro, any updates on the tyres with respect to road noise? Am interested in getting one of these :)

Hey Gary, the ride is slightly quieter than the M-ps4. very slight. Their DB ratings are just 3db ish difference if i recall correctly.

The new pz4 has huge rim protection which i think is amazing, but it could turn some people off in terms of looks. The sidewalls are a tad stiffer then ps4 too.

Overall its good on dry, but i do not have that much a confidence in wet myself so I wont be able to comment. Running thru puddles the ride is stable and does not swerve.

Got a really good deal on them.

Hi Gary

I have fitted PS4s to two of my cars and they are NOISY on coarse chip roads. Too noisy.

Am about to swap out my PSS on my third car and will fit PZ4 (new Pirellis). They are reportedly quieter and a lot cheaper per tyre (Im running 235 40 19"). This car came supplied with P and whilst the PSS is good IMO the PZ was a quieter more comfortable tyre. 

Not to say there is anything wrong with Michelin Pilot Sport tyres but in my experience will go back to Pirelli. 

Turbocharged

Hey Gary, the ride is slightly quieter than the M-ps4. very slight. Their DB ratings are just 3db ish difference if i recall correctly.

The new pz4 has huge rim protection which i think is amazing, but it could turn some people off in terms of looks. The sidewalls are a tad stiffer then ps4 too.

Overall its good on dry, but i do not have that much a confidence in wet myself so I wont be able to comment. Running thru puddles the ride is stable and does not swerve.

Got a really good deal on them.

Would you mind sharing the ballpark price range for your P-Zeroes? I'm still quite interested in replacing my Primacies with PZ4s

Hi Gary

I have fitted PS4s to two of my cars and they are NOISY on coarse chip roads. Too noisy.

Am about to swap out my PSS on my third car and will fit PZ4 (new Pirellis). They are reportedly quieter and a lot cheaper per tyre (Im running 235 40 19"). This car came supplied with P and whilst the PSS is good IMO the PZ was a quieter more comfortable tyre. 

Not to say there is anything wrong with Michelin Pilot Sport tyres but in my experience will go back to Pirelli. 

A lot of times, buy tyre is like buying underwear.  Not everyone is comfortable with CK Tong.

A lot of times, buy tyre is like buying underwear.  Not everyone is comfortable with CK Tong.

Yes too true. Im quoting from my experience. And given no so many coarse chip roads in SG then not such an issue here. Anyhow after using PZ4s for a while can report on them too. 

Turbocharged

Yes too true. Im quoting from my experience. And given no so many coarse chip roads in SG then not such an issue here. Anyhow after using PZ4s for a while can report on them too. 

Mainly the confounded PIE... always rumbling there... even can feel the vibration...

• Praise 1

Mainly the confounded PIE... always rumbling there... even can feel the vibration...

haha yes - then of course SG roads are getting more third world by the week arent they? Endless roadworks and hopeless repair jobs :(

↡ Advertisement