Good driver? You deserve cheaper insurance.

(edited)

Hi Geoffrey,

You mean our Traffic Police allows your company to have access to our driving records?

Hi

Sorry, my statement isn't 100% correct - please allow me to clarify.

Budget Direct Insurance offer drivers who hold a Certificate of Merit a discount on their premium; we are allowed to verify that the driver has indeed been awarded and holds a current Certificate of Merit. Please accept my apologies for not being clear and correct the first time - we do not have access to driving records. 

Again, apologies for not being clear and correct the first time. 

Geoffrey 

Edited by Geoffrey-BudgetDirect_Comm
↡ Advertisement

Hi do you provide quotes for non-driver policy?

Hi Battledome64

I'm going to make an assumption here and if I get it wrong, please correct me. By non-driver I think you mean one person owns the car, but someone else drives it; if my understanding is correct, then yes, we can provide quotes for this type of scenario.

We ask about who the 'Main Driver' is - the person who drives the car most frequently. We realise there may be situations where the person who owns the vehicle doesn't drive it often, or at all. By asking about 'Main Driver' we also then base our pricing off this person's driving history and record.

Please note: anyone else who lives in the same house that drives the car must also be listed on the policy. If you've got any questions, give our friendly team a call. They can be reached Mondays to Fridays, from 8am to 8pm at 6221 2111. Often, it's best to talk through your situation so we can ensure the advice given meets your individual needs. 

Thanks

Geoffrey

When comes to claims, especially own damage, is the repair approval always quoted based on "part by part" or there are some cases when approval is based on "lump sum" quote only. 

Hi TangoElite 

Please accept my apologies, I thought I had replied to you, but just realised I've not. I've checked with out claims team and for own damage, the repair approval is usually based on a "part by part" basis for vehicles less than 3 years old. In some situations, we do a "lump sum" quote, mainly with older cars to repair the car within the repair limit, thereby preventing the car from being a total loss, or when there are no new parts available in the market due to the age of the vehicle. 

If you'd like to know more, please feel free to call our Customer Care team on 6221 2111, they're ready to answer all your questions from 8am to 8pm, Mondays to Fridays. If you've got a specific question about claims, the Customer Care Executive can put you through to a member of our Claims team, who are also based right here in Singapore, who will be happy to discuss the matter further. 

Best,

Geoffrey

Budget Direct Insurance

Hi

Appears your coverages are basics thus lower premium. Can't find details on coverages on your website like repair at AD workshop, temporary replacement car, windscreen, zero excess, above 40 yo, and etc.

How much time would you take to approve a claim tentatively?

How much time would you take to pay a claim?

How much time you take to approve a new policy?

To know whether your premium is comparatively lower and worthwhile, comparison like to like is essential.

Hi

Appears your coverages are basics thus lower premium. Can't find details on coverages on your website like repair at AD workshop, temporary replacement car, windscreen, zero excess, above 40 yo, and etc.

To know whether your premium is comparatively lower and worthwhile, comparison like to like is essential.

Hi

Thanks for your questions. There's a lot in here, please let me know if I don't get everything. 

Appears your coverages are basics thus lower premium.

Yes, we provide a quality 'basic' cover and give customers the choice as to what options are included. As opposed to other insurers who include everything, we think policy holders should have the say in what is covered. 

Can't find details on coverages on your website like repair at AD workshop, temporary replacement car, windscreen, zero excess, above 40 yo, and etc.

Our Optional Covers section on our site details choices such as Any Workshop, Windscreen Add-on and eight (8) other Optional Covers.

About zero excess, you're right, we haven't talked about this specifically on the site and we will look to correct. With Budget Direct Insurance, we think it is only right that customers get to choose the Excess payable that works for them - whether that is $0 or $1500 or somewhere in between. Please note, if younger or inexperienced drivers use your car, additional excesses may apply - if this applies to you, please call our Customer Care team so they can understand your situation and advise you correctly. 

In respect of 'Above 40 yo', I'm sorry, but this is not a term I'm familiar with - can you help to explain?

This is hard to define as it is so subjective and depends on how soon the details of the incident can be provided and verified. What I can tell you is that we have a dedicated Claims team here in Singapore ready to assist. The Claims Executive who you start dealing with, will give you their contact details and stay with your Claim all the way until the end of the Claims process. We won't hand you about from person-to-person, and if you need to meet in person to talk through the details, that's easy to arrange as we're right here in Singapore. 

Again, this depends on how long it takes to review and verify your Claim. Having a dedicated person to work with from our side, will definitely help to expedite your claims process. 

Any driver who meets our Underwriting criteria can start a quote and have policy documents in their email inbox within 10 minutes. It's really that quick. A customised policy may take a little longer.

If you choose to talk with one of our Customer Care Executives to take advantage of their free 1:1 service, it will probably take 12-18 minutes depending on your needs and complexity of your policy. Again, they can issue your policy documents and send these to your inbox within minutes of you agreeing to purchase. 

Absolutely. We agree. And we're confident we offer great prices. And we're prepared to back our position. Right now, if we can't beat your current insurers renewal quote, we will give you a $100 shopping voucher. Even if you don't buy. It's our Budget Direct Insurance Price Challenge - Pay Less or Get a $100 voucher. Full details, terms and conditions are available using the link below.

https://www.budgetdirect.com.sg/car-insurance/promo/payless

Hopefully I've covered everything for you. If not, please let me know or call our team of super-friendly, super-helpful, all-round-nice people in our Customer Care team at 6221 2111, we're open from 8am to 8pm, Mondays to Fridays.

Thanks for the questions. Have a great weekend.

Geoffrey

Budget Direct Insurance

Hypersonic

Hi

Thanks for your questions. There's a lot in here, please let me know if I don't get everything.

Appears your coverages are basics thus lower premium.

Yes, we provide a quality 'basic' cover and give customers the choice as to what options are included. As opposed to other insurers who include everything, we think policy holders should have the say in what is covered.

Can't find details on coverages on your website like repair at AD workshop, temporary replacement car, windscreen, zero excess, above 40 yo, and etc.

Our Optional Covers section on our site details choices such as Any Workshop, Windscreen Add-on and eight (8) other Optional Covers.

About zero excess, you're right, we haven't talked about this specifically on the site and we will look to correct. With Budget Direct Insurance, we think it is only right that customers get to choose the Excess payable that works for them - whether that is $0 or $1500 or somewhere in between. Please note, if younger or inexperienced drivers use your car, additional excesses may apply - if this applies to you, please call our Customer Care team so they can understand your situation and advise you correctly.

In respect of 'Above 40 yo', I'm sorry, but this is not a term I'm familiar with - can you help to explain?

This is hard to define as it is so subjective and depends on how soon the details of the incident can be provided and verified. What I can tell you is that we have a dedicated Claims team here in Singapore ready to assist. The Claims Executive who you start dealing with, will give you their contact details and stay with your Claim all the way until the end of the Claims process. We won't hand you about from person-to-person, and if you need to meet in person to talk through the details, that's easy to arrange as we're right here in Singapore.

Again, this depends on how long it takes to review and verify your Claim. Having a dedicated person to work with from our side, will definitely help to expedite your claims process.

Any driver who meets our Underwriting criteria can start a quote and have policy documents in their email inbox within 10 minutes. It's really that quick. A customised policy may take a little longer.

If you choose to talk with one of our Customer Care Executives to take advantage of their free 1:1 service, it will probably take 12-18 minutes depending on your needs and complexity of your policy. Again, they can issue your policy documents and send these to your inbox within minutes of you agreeing to purchase.

Absolutely. We agree. And we're confident we offer great prices. And we're prepared to back our position. Right now, if we can't beat your current insurers renewal quote, we will give you a $100 shopping voucher. Even if you don't buy. It's our Budget Direct Insurance Price Challenge - Pay Less or Get a $100 voucher. Full details, terms and conditions are available using the link below.

https://www.budgetdirect.com.sg/car-insurance/promo/payless

Hopefully I've covered everything for you. If not, please let me know or call our team of super-friendly, super-helpful, all-round-nice people in our Customer Care team at 6221 2111, we're open from 8am to 8pm, Mondays to Fridays.

Thanks for the questions. Have a great weekend.

Geoffrey

Budget Direct Insurance

Thanks for your details.

I didn't see those optional coverages that I had asked in your website ... huh that's why I asked you. Will you consider zero excess moving forward? Thought above 40 years old driver is common option as I used to have it, no?

If all details are in order, how much time would you take to approve a claim and its payout tentatively?

TIA

Thanks for your details.

I didn't see those optional coverages that I had asked in your website ... huh that's why I asked you. Will you consider zero excess moving forward? Thought above 40 years old driver is common option as I used to have it, no?

If all details are in order, how much time would you take to approve a claim and its payout tentatively?

TIA

Hi Tia

The Optional Covers can be found at 

Apologies if I wasn't clear about Zero Excess, this is available today. Anyone can change their Excess to be $0 - look for this at the top of the Optional Covers page when getting a quote online. Use the'Refresh Premium' button at the bottom of the page to see how this will change the premium. 

I'll have to check with the Claims team on your last point. 

Geoffrey 

(edited)

Dream on, bro!

Muayhahaha

Haha, can't blame a guy for trying right? :D

Yup, budget insurers almost never insure performance cars like ours. I was hoping this was the exception, but alas, not to be!

In any case, I have a very good broker. My friends were stunned like vegetable by some of the quotes I've helped them get for their cars. My M6 driving friend was amazed and very grateful lol.

Edited by Turboflat4

hey Turboflat4

Thanks for your question. At this time, we're not offering insurance for high-performance vehicles. While we think we're pretty cool, we're not turbo-charged cool! 

I hope this answers your question and wish you all the best for the Year of the Rooster. 

Huat Ah. 

Geoffrey

You guys should consider. Maybe not real sports cars like those 600hp Ferraris but warm performance like 335 S4 T6 etc.

I driving for 20+ years never made a single claim should be 'gooder' than most right? But insurers still want charge me high high even though I been subsidizing all the kayu drivers and fraudsters for 20+ years.

• Praise 1

You guys should consider. Maybe not real sports cars like those 600hp Ferraris but warm performance like 335 S4 T6 etc.

I driving for 20+ years never made a single claim should be 'gooder' than most right? But insurers still want charge me high high even though I been subsidizing all the kayu drivers and fraudsters for 20+ years.

Hi Ake109

Absolutely hear you on this point. While we don't provide cover for vehicles like Ferraris, we will issue a policy for a BMW 335. With 20 years of good driving and claim free history, we'd definitely like to talk with you and see if we can help you. Please call our team on 6221 2111, we're here Mondays to Fridays, from 8am to 8pm. 

Best,

Geoffrey

Budget Direct Insurance

P.S. What's T6?

• Praise 1

Hi Ake109

Absolutely hear you on this point. While we don't provide cover for vehicles like Ferraris, we will issue a policy for a BMW 335. With 20 years of good driving and claim free history, we'd definitely like to talk with you and see if we can help you. Please call our team on 6221 2111, we're here Mondays to Fridays, from 8am to 8pm. 

Best,

Geoffrey

Budget Direct Insurance

P.S. What's T6?

335 = BMW

S4 = Audi

T6 = Volvo

Hi Ake109

Best,

Geoffrey

Budget Direct Insurance

P.S. What's T6?

Ok, cos TurboFlat4 mentioned >250hp in his post and your answer seemed to imply you guys wouldn't cover those.

Thanks for the clarification. Will call you guys when insurance is due.

Hi there,

Your quotes not cheap for below age 35 drivers... last year I paid 1.5k only, your site quoting 1.8k. Also can't qualify for the $100 haha

↡ Advertisement