COE Bidding – 2nd Round of October 2016

Carbon82

Technically, the AD is not wrong for failing to secure the COE even if it were to fall to $34K. Usually, the target is not far from the COE price at that time of booking. It becomes a top-up game. If amount not high, why not.

↡ Advertisement

It is a joke to give $33k coe rebate, lol. Unless coe can drop to $45k and below. I dont understand how come kmc can offered such car package to buyer?

I don't understand how car buyers can sign such packages either.

• Praise 1

My SE bidded 52999 for my k3 in Oct when COE was 50k. My coe rebate was 36k. COE rebate doesnt decide the bidding price. There are other more crucial factors mentioned before in this forum

Your coe rebate only 36k and yet they bid 52k for you? Looks like c&c profit margin is higher or they are more willing to bid high for their customers. By right if your coe rebate is 36k, AD usually would not bid more than 50k for you without any top up.

No doubt K3 is good.When come to resale,you will know which is better.

I m driving kia and colleague driving Toyota.

Altis is overpriced for a Thai assembled car.

When it comes to an accident, u will know which car is better.

The IIHS crash test result for Altis is bad. It even does not have traction control, which most other cars have. Yet, there are still many people going for it. I think to some people, reliability and brand image are more important than safety.

The IIHS crash test result for Altis is bad. It even does not have traction control, which most other cars have. Yet, there are still many people going for it. I think to some people, reliability and brand image are more important than safety.

To many people altis has been around for decade, how bad can it be when comes to safety. So they still continue to buy this car.

Yes,that's is no doubt.k3 safety better.Next time when u want to change car like me now,u will appreciate altis resale value

Edited by Sktan10

Yes,that's is no doubt.k3 safety better.Next time when u want to change car like me now,u will appreciate altis resale value

Are u gonna to change to a new Altis?

My SE bidded 52999 for my k3 in Oct when COE was 50k. My coe rebate was 36k. COE rebate doesnt decide the bidding price. There are other more crucial factors mentioned before in this forum

+1

My rebate was 35k but the bid was much higher than the COE.

I don't understand how car buyers can sign such packages either.

You will understand if you are invited to participate in this promotion. It is just 10K deposit for 3 months. No big deal if you are flush with a lot of cash! Interests earning from bank short term is less than .05% pa which is about $1.24 for 3 months. Mind you, I was not the only one that participated in this promotion. According to SE there were at least 50 to 60 buyers who participated and only a very small handful eventually went to top up between 3 to 5K NG. Others are still waiting to complete the 6 bids end December. And of course, if you don't secure the COE just move on, buy another brand or use public transport. Cheers.

• Praise 1

I also had the same thinking before, until one day I saw this.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/toyota/corolla-4-door-sedan

The small overlap front is not even A, but M score. That's how I gave up.

See from this website,k3 small overlap front also M score,same like altis.

No difference.

My Kia caren/rondo still score better.

Are u gonna to change to a new Altis?

No.Just telling facts.

Toyota still in upper hand in the resale market.Unless u prepare to drive 10yrs,if not,Toyota still better.

Edited by Sktan10
  • Praise 1

See from this website,k3 small overlap front also M score,same like altis.

No difference.

My Kia caren/rondo still score better.

No.Just telling facts.

Toyota still in upper hand in the resale market.Unless u prepare to drive 10yrs,if not,Toyota still better.

Toyota is a reliable jap brand in many ppl mind including me but I have not owned one. Cheers!!

You already pay less upfront when you purchase a K3, instead of Altis. Altis OMV is also higher.

There is no such thing as resale value in Spore. Dealers simply give a few $K above paper value when you trade in your car.

People are willing to pay $12K annual dep for an Altis, compared to $10K for a Kia Forte, due to the perceived perception that Altis is superior compared to the Korean Toyota - KIA.

Edited by Vinceng

IMO it's not always true that heavier is better.

The HRV has a 5 star rating, because of it's active safety features.

It's lighter so the FC is good.

Of course for small dings, the metal work bends more easily.

But look at the Forester thread and the main concern is FC, so it's a balance.

The Kia has more features, but how many more safety features does it have?

Was the safety rating given for the two airbag or more versions?
The Elantra has 6 airbags, kudos to them for bringing this in, instead of other features.

Airbags versus leather seats and other frills or features like memory seats etc, I rather have safety in general.

Edited by therock