COE Bidding – 2nd Round of October 2016

Carbon82

I saw many citing 'have time to wait', meaning wait for COE to fall or ..... ?? If COE not falling .... then some said buy another make/model cos most didn't want to go back to the same AD. By then, most make/model also up prices. Who lose, who gain ??

↡ Advertisement

Well, I have 3 more bids to go and we all will be able to see if KMC is greedy or playing with top up games. for your info the last 3 bids were at 38998 and as the COE was hovering over 50K they did not revise the bid which is understandably. Let wait and see, I have plenty of time. Cheers.

What a joke to bid at less than 40k while pass few mth never go below 50k
  • Praise 1

That's probably an indication of their intent:

Force a top up or cancellation..

it's not even close. I saw a post from a Nissan bro that the bid was missed by a bit. I think that's closer to the mark. This one is nuts.

But it could have communicated that the bids will never go above 39k?

And if the buyer still signs then there's nothing to complain about.

Just wondering, for them to bid only at $39k, what is the COE rebate amount? $30-35k? I think COE rebate amount will tell you roughly how much they will bid for you.

• Praise 1

That's probably an indication of their intent:

Force a top up or cancellation..

it's not even close. I saw a post from a Nissan bro that the bid was missed by a bit. I think that's closer to the mark. This one is nuts.

But it could have communicated that the bids will never go above 39k?

And if the buyer still signs then there's nothing to complain about.

If bid missed by a bit think more angry than if they bid low bid for you. Lol. Bid low bid amount at least know no chance de, but if bid close to the mark and yet missed by a bit, really speechless.

• Praise 1

Well, I have 3 more bids to go and we all will be able to see if KMC is greedy or playing with top up games. for your info the last 3 bids were at 38998 and as the COE was hovering over 50K they did not revise the bid which is understandably. Let wait and see, I have plenty of time. Cheers.

Based on the price given to secure a coe for the elantra basic model of 90k which included coe close to 53k on the 1st nov coe bidding . KMC will bid up to 46 to 47k for a 83k elantra as it will have the same profit margin that what the buyer got it at 90k. Probably the 39k is just a reserved bid and they will definitely up once the coe bidding exercise on the 5th or 6th bidding...Who know COE in december drop to 49k and KMC might ok to earn less to have a happy customer

Edited by Winningeleven
  • Praise 1

Well, I have 3 more bids to go and we all will be able to see if KMC is greedy or playing with top up games. for your info the last 3 bids were at 38998 and as the COE was hovering over 50K they did not revise the bid which is understandably. Let wait and see, I have plenty of time. Cheers.

I see Komoco's strategy is to lock out potential buyers from competitors till year end. Just nice, your last 6th bid will be on the Dec 2016, 2nd bidding.

There is no way you are going to get your COE, based on the $38,998 bid submitted during the last 3 rounds. Komoco also gets your interest free $10K credit to roll for 3 months.

Edited by Vinceng

Based on the price given to secure a coe for the elantra basic model of 90k which included coe close to 53k. KMC will bid up to 46 to 47k as it will have the same profit margin that what the buyer got it at 90k. Probably the 39k is just a reserved bid and they will definitely up once the coe bidding exercise on the 5th or 6th bidding.

Why they need to wait until on 5th or 6th bidding then up the bid? What if by the 5th or 6th bidding, coe might went up more than 53k then how? Why cant they kust might as well bid now when coe was still consider low?

Why they need to wait until on 5th or 6th bidding then up the bid? What if by the 5th or 6th bidding, coe might went up more than 53k then how? Why cant they kust might as well bid now when coe was still consider low?

Yar hor .... how then ??

I think they might expect the next three biddings COE may drop, which many also expect so.

Yar hor .... how then ??

Haha. We will see how KMC handles it then. It will be a good reference for future buyers of Hyundai cars.

• Praise 1

I think they might expect the next three biddings COE may drop, which many also expect so.

Haha. We will see how KMC handles it then. It will be a good reference for future buyers of Hyundai cars.

Think this is the problem with kmc, they always think the next coe biddings may drop. This is why they can offered the 83k car deal to buyers, then later realise it is a wrong move and prediction. Then its become the buyer fault who signed such deal with kmc. And eventually cannot get a car without topping up. Lol.

Edited by 13177

Think this is the problem with kmc, they always think the next coe biddings may drop. This is why they can offered the 83k car deal to buyers, then later realise it is a wrong move and prediction. Then its become the buyer fault who signed such deal with kmc. And eventually cannot get a car without topping up. Lol.

With regard to what happens eventually, let's wait and see. Remember in those weeks with the big discounts, there are suddenly many visits to the Elantra thread. I believe many registered and unregistered visitors of this thread are eager to see whether KMC delivers those highly discounted cars eventually. If they handle it well this time, it would build more trust for customers to believe in their promotion in future :-)

Edited by wdldalian

With regard to what happens eventually, let's wait and see. Remember in those weeks with the big discounts, there are suddenly many visits to the Elantra thread. I believe many registered and unregistered visitors of this thread are eager to see whether KMC delivers those highly discounted cars eventually. If they handle it well this time, it would build more trust for customers to believe in their promotion in future :-)

So far i dont remember those who got big discounts got their car liao? Is there any?

Unlike ONE bid guaranteed coe where they already priced the car price much higher to offset the high COE prices but they also need to be careful not to price too much and ended up buyers will rather choose other models . 

Take this 1st NOV as example

S model guaranteed at 96k ($95699)

OMV = $13500 x 2.35 = Approx $32k

Profit margin for elantra = $11k

So COE bidding = 96k - 32k - 11k =  53k.

Current latest COE bidding ended up below 53k...

For those who go for 6 bids non guaranteed 

They just have 6 chances to maximise the profit and rather show hand to be so aggressive on the 1st few bidding.

Hyundai is changing their sale tactics for this recent expo cause there is no way to sell a car without a COE secured. As well come out with guaranteed package with their own profit margin target hit. 

So far i dont remember those who got big discounts got their car liao? Is there any?

I think there is a lucky one who got it at 86k after the spike when MAS relaxed the loan curb. I think he got it on 7 or 8 bids...Considered that the COE prices should be at 52k to 55k during that June to August period...

Everyone trying luck LOL!!

If the dealer just want to show that they have received high order qty, might as as well advertise the car selling price at less than $10k coe. Bet those folk like Fruit-tart will place their order with them. Save Fruit-tart the trouble on own self low coe bidding too

Not to mention can lock more buyer on their deposition and roll for many mth ahead

Edited by Axela72

Unlike ONE bid guaranteed coe where they already priced the car price much higher to offset the high COE prices but they also need to be careful not to price too much and ended up buyers will rather choose other models . 

They just have 6 chances to maximise the profit and rather show hand to be so aggressive on the 1st few bidding.

Hyundai is changing their sale tactics for this recent expo cause there is no way to sell a car without a COE secured. As well come out with guaranteed package with their own profit margin target hit. 

I think there is a lucky one who got it at 86k after the spike when MAS relaxed the loan curb. I think he got it on 7 or 8 bids...Considered that the COE prices should be at 52k to 55k during that June to August period...

Yup. He got it on 7th bid at $51506 in the 1st bidding of Sep. But his discount is still not comparable to the 83k basic, if I remember correctly.

Edited by wdldalian

So i guess maybe among 10 persons who got big discounted price, only 1 or 2 lucky enough to get their car?

I dont understand the logic why they need to maximise the profit on the 6 bids, rather to show hand on the 1st few bidding?

Yup. He got it on 7th bid at $51506 in the 1st bidding of Sep. But his discount is still not comparable to the 83k basic, if I remember correctly.

Did he top up for his 86k deal along the bidding?

↡ Advertisement