Bad Experience with prominent PPS Company

Sglanevo

i dont know about groomworks but for groomerlab i did have some bad exp with them...

brought my vezel (3 mths old) to groomerlabs for PPS. like TS, I was very convinced with their ads (many awards and whats not). 

so when i hand over my car to them we walked about the car and access any damages b4 i handed my car over to them to start doing the polishing. the workers did not say anything den.

so i was quoted 600 for the package which part of it include

Exterior includes: 1. Washing and claying 2. Paint correction 3. Polishing and waxing 4. Application of PPC on entire bodyworks and all trimmings plus all windows and front/rear windscreen 5. Coatings on all rims

apon collecting my car, i did not really check as i was in a rush to go pick my kids up from school. aft 1 week when i was about to wash the car i noticed there were lots of scratches on the hood of the car. i immediately called the shop and asked. was told to go back and they will try to rectify on a specific date and further messages asking them anything else was ignored. 

so nevertheless i went back on said date and the worker actually told me they were busy and told me to go and they will call me back when they are free.. i was so pissed made a wasted trip down. 

so i waited from afternoon to night and no one called me. i called back the shop the next day and they told me "aiya small matter when u come back to do maintenance den i do for u" 

what the hell. lousy attitude from the shop owner. i will NOT recommend anyone to go to Groomerlabs for pps.

I think you are trolling. unless you provide pics, i don't think i can believe you and i dun think groomerlab will brush u off lie this.

Have a nice day

↡ Advertisement

This thread is getting suspicious, it's time to call boss @Radx... and maybe boss @Jman888 is already on the case...  :ninja:

just a dispute between merchant and customer, nothing to be suspicious, they can take this offline to settle. TS intention was to type out his experience, merchant came in to clarify and both already have their say.

• Praise 1

I did my PPS (Platinum Plus Package) with Groomers Lab in early January after doing my research online.

This is my personal experience:

My research consists of reading up extensively on google regarding paint protection (the pros and cons as I was skeptical whether spending hundreds of dollars on PPS was worth it or not), reading up recommendations on various FB groups, Forums (I did enquire on mycarforum but there were no replies from forum users), and also the reviews on groomers lab, New Age, Supremo, on their sgcarmart link.

I finally made the decision to go for Groomers Lab after a close friend of mine did his PPS with Rendall and had strong words of compliments for the job done. As the saying goes, the strongest form of advertisement is by word of mouth. 

Before I met Rendall I had bombard him with many many questions without showing a strong desire to proceed with them. Now, Rendall was extremely patient and understanding with me and my skepticism. I was just trying to make sure I make an informed decision before committing. But I must say I was impressed with his patience. One month later, I made an appointment and got my car done up with Groomers Lab.

Everything is straightforward. Rendall inspects your car in your presence when you send it over, pointing out areas which needs special attention. For my case I had to deal with lots of swirlmarks and bird drops stains as I do not park in sheltered carpark and I do washing of my own car. In some cases, the towel, sponge and wax you use for your weekly wash may cause extreme swirlmarks to your own car. Even off the shelves self proclaimed micro fibre cloth may not exactly be what it claims too. So yes, I had an issue with bad swirls and scratches. This was highlighted to me by Rendall. 

I stayed at the shop throughout the entire coating duration. Rendall was very kind to explain the steps and actions taken to get my ride prepared for the coating. At the end of the day, another inspection was done along side with me. I did not expect that my vehicle could be transformed to a level of pristine even higher than that when I first bought the car.

Upon collection, Rendall will also run through with you on the after care procedures (the dos and don'ts), there is also a "hand out" given to you in case you have short term memory like myself. From start to end of my interaction, there was never a moment I felt any hard-selling tactics, which is extremely rare given today's market.

In a nutshell:

1. Rendall is extremely humble, approachable and has strong knowledge on what he is doing

2. Confident and proud of his works 

3. Excellent customer service - treats his customers genuinely well and makes sure fussy customers like us who want to see the start to end process gets an airconditioned waiting room, coffee machine (fantastic coffee coming from a machine i'm impressed!)

It has been about seven months since I did my PPS with Rendall and the car still looks good! I have been back twice - just simple easy washes to maintain the car. Once was for a wash as I was in the area and another because I had got into a minor accident and needed to get my bumper coated on again. Rendall was once again, extremely accommodating and did not charge me extra for that bumper. I would suppose most other detailing company would have charged additional (and I would be ok with paying as it is an additional service).

I am sure many of Rendall's customers would jump to his defence if they could. His many positive reviews are his testimony to his good workmanship and service. I think there is no need to do further clarification on his part.

Those who have eyes to see should also be able to spot some of the new accounts that have been created today just to reply to this thread. There are always people waiting to attack you when you are down. What matters most is to continue to do what you have been doing all along. People have eyes to see and judge!

All the best Rendall!

Edited by alfakidz85

just a dispute between merchant and customer, nothing to be suspicious, they can take this offline to settle. TS intention was to type out his experience, merchant came in to clarify and both already have their say.

it's the 3rd party who suddenly registered... well, just trolling I guess...  :grin:

3rd party or bona fide customer or competitor trolling, Rendall has cleared the air and his repute will stand the test of time! Nuff said

Tks @carnoob for alerting although lau nang is here al

• Praise 1

Hi, I had my car done with Groomers Lab in April and that was after looking at my close friend's car done with them.

I'm a very careful person and I did went down to take a look at the actual coating done on existing cars before I decide to entrust my car with them.

Rendall, the boss is patient to explain their coating and also meticulous in getting hands on in the coating process. Trust me, you don't get to see this often...especially with the "big names".

Their policy is 2 cars in 1 day. They would rather do quality job and get referral by words of mouth. His workers, I've seen them in action.... young but hardworking.

If you ever face any (genuine)issues with your coating, give him a call. He will be most obliged to rectify for you.

The detailing industry is a very competitive one but to find a group who is genuinely passionate in what their doing.... you don't find many. I'm lucky to have found them, getting a quality coating at a reasonable cost and most importantly EXCELLENT AFTERSALES SUPPORT.

It take a long time to build a reputation but it only takes someone to just bad-mouth, or worse, put false allegations to bring the name of an excellent detailer down.

I'm posting this reply from a position of a VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER since day 1 with them to now!

Luthersoo & dontan89 accounts were banned for using clone account to post negative comments in their first post, it is easy to tell what these trolls were up to.

TS helped me to post this thread so I'm the victim here not TS :)

Thanks for sharing.

Will take note for my ride, which _is_ discriminated by some people out there as well.

It's normal to take pride in own work and belongings. But also equally important to accept and respect others for theirs, regardless.

Do update if you manage to fix the problem in the end, with proof of course. Good luck!

Seems like a very well finished piece of work ð.... as usual :)

Hmm...kind of fishy how come picture jus post shortly u are already praising away that's fast