Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Haha then it applies 2.08times more for the QQ. 2.5t...i shudder to think how your friend drives.

Ok la.. he no More have e throttle.. the Siglap guy.. can't say that about him..

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros , 

i have been driving the 2.0 for 2 months now . Overall happy with it except 2 things . 

1. Rattling noise in front left area . ( fixed by TC ) 

2. Intermittent rattling noise , metal to metal or metal to plastic at left rear area . ( tested by TC , heard the noise , scheduled for fix in december.)

any bros has enountered problem number 2 ?

thanks !  

• Praise 1

Hi bros ,

i have been driving the 2.0 for 2 months now . Overall happy with it except 2 things .

2. Intermittent rattling noise , metal to metal or metal to plastic at left rear area . ( tested by TC , heard the noise , scheduled for fix in december.)

thanks !

Hi ty73,

Me 2.0, oso 2mrhs old baby. Lucky me so far so good. No such noise.

Is your driver side door open when you off your engine? That may be the cause.  If not, then it's something else.

Sorry for the late reply as was out of town. Thanks! 

Remind u to "take" key.

Since ur car is less than 5k.the coolant level shld be good. Anyway, best to top up with coolant instead of tap water. If both dun have try to find distilled water - no mineral.

Any eo will be better than no eo. Synthetic better.

Kam Siah many many! Just checked my coolant and engine level, they are all still good. Reason I was concerned about these 2 was because i went twice to Msia within a week and I usually have to top up the 2 for my previous car after coming back from Msia.  [laugh]

Check if it's your car cam. Think the car cam emits some chime when you off engine.

Other than that have you forgotten to off your headlights, doors/tailgate not closed properly, etc.

Thanks! I think should be the things you have mentioned. Just never encountered alarm without a notification.. made me panicked. hehe

since not even 5k, anything top up just bring back to TC. they will do it for you FOC.

but for general knowledge:

- some people will say distill water, some will say coolant, some will even say any water since we are in a hot country and do not need anti-freeze mix. take your own chances with the water but coolant water not expensive... any petrol kiosk also have

- MO needs to be changed more frequently but it is also cheaper. usually its SO every 10k but if you like, can top up $ for SO at 5k too. MO or SO at 5k also can... don't yuan yang and mix both can already.

Thanks for the useful info. I am still using MO till 5k as TC tech has suggested keep it to MO until my 5k servicing .. he said this is to run in the engine or something like that. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi ty73,

Me 2.0, oso 2mrhs old baby. Lucky me so far so good. No such noise.

Thanks QQCharles , 

sigh... i guess i suay la ...was hoping that its a known fault from the bros knowledge here so can save time to troubleshoot and rectify .

It's like forcing a fat guy to sprint long-distance after giving him some red bull.

Engine still puny so shouldn't push toooo hard. Imo, even without the ethrottle, prolonged driving with high speed/rev (assuming since nshw), the engine sure give way.

Hi bros , 

thanks !  

Hi TY,

Sorry to hear of these irritating noises but glad you are enjoying your ride

Ratting noise in front left area is common and found to be due to wiring often by local installer that insulation of these wires resolved the noise and there is also improvement of using sponge added between layers on the top part of the glove compartment.

On the left rear area, there were cases of the heat insulation layer of our undercarriage not fitted properly and hitting both the undercarriage or the exhaust pipe and quite easily solve if indeed this reason ... please keep us informed if resolved by TC for our learning if indeed the same or any other reason.

Thanks in advance ....

Cheers,

Richard

Just to share an experience on e-throttle.. not mine but someone I know who kbkb.. e throttle his turbo ride..went up NSHW.. on way back engine overwhelmed..stuck on NSHW.. towed back to SG let workshop look see look see.. engine flooded- likely cause .. guess... and by the way he ignore those error messages too... thinking it will go away..

now.. sold his e-throttle to some guy from Siglap on caroussell for cheap....wifey asked him sleep on sofa for awhile..n told him diy @$&*&^*^%*&^%$*&%^%

hi Ben,

Engine flooded ... flooded with what ??  Any conclusion to the root cause

Ethrottle only increase response i.e. reduce reaction time and no increase in torque or horsepower and certainly does not increase amount of fuel allowed if that is your likely cause ..keke !

Please see how ethrottle works here with response and not having more fuel or larger opening of throttle.

Cheers,

Richard

post-149594-0-04958000-1480322051_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Hi TY,

Sorry to hear of these irritating noises but glad you are enjoying your ride

Ratting noise in front left area is common and found to be due to wiring often by local installer that insulation of these wires resolved the noise and there is also improvement of using sponge added between layers on the top part of the glove compartment.

On the left rear area, there were cases of the heat insulation layer of our undercarriage not fitted properly and hitting both the undercarriage or the exhaust pipe and quite easily solve if indeed this reason ... please keep us informed if resolved by TC for our learning if indeed the same or any other reason.

Thanks in advance ....

Cheers,

Richard

Appreciate your reply Bro Richard !

My appointment is on Dec 7th at TC LK ( travelling hence the delay) . Will update here the resolution ( I hope can be resolved !) that TC took.

Thanks again ! 

Bro, OBD is like the gateway of the car like brain.... try not to fix too many things to prevent errors...

My 2 cents worth only....

Hi Mh23,

Indeed and good advice !!

Still pushing it though with 1-4 obd extension cable ...keke and will report when it starts to fail with pivot 3 ethrottle, obd autolock, obd tpms ... pending rschip.

Cheers,

Richard

Appreciate your reply Bro Richard !

My appointment is on Dec 7th at TC LK ( travelling hence the delay) . Will update here the resolution ( I hope can be resolved !) that TC took.

Thanks again ! 

Hi TY73,

Thanks in advance !

Ya, we are all still learning from here ..

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Mh23,

Indeed and good advice !!

Still pushing it though with 1-4 obd extension cable ...keke and will report when it starts to fail with pivot 3 ethrottle, obd autolock, obd tpms ... pending rschip.

Cheers,

Richard

I am not like you la... So many gadgets to fix.....

wah, thanks bro for your very thorough post! very helpful and insightful.

i'm actually quite happy with the RSChip for now. but will see how much the e-throttle is before i zhng further. 

the car is our daily driver and we ferry the baby around too. not going to fly up and down the NSHW anytime soon, but CO always used to complain lag. just giving her options if she still sian after the RSChip installed. haven't had this topic with her since we changed ride. 

I think i'm hitting my daily post limit liao. thanks every one!

Hi Sleepingpython,

Haha ... can certainly understand that you happy with RSChip since real torque and horsepower increase.

Actually for NSHW, RSChip is the desired improvement with said increases for safety to overtake or get out of tricky situation ....  works best from 60 kmhr onwards with more reserve than stock engine which runs out of steam when needed (not referrring to slower acceleration to 100 km/hr but quicker acceleration)

Ethrottle is not as effective under the same NSHW situation since no mentioned increases but it does allow you to adjust to different ride, different driving style etc. but more for initial pick-up since it takes most from stationary to overcome inertia ... once on the go, the impact of ethrottle is minimal and I had to put to SP7 of 7 on the pivot ethrottle for my Estima 2.4 on NSHW in hope for such safety consideration with minimal effect.  With RSchip now on the Estima there is certainly more confident and with more needed reserve if I ever needs it.

In summary, for daily drive and usual non-chiongster drivers  .... I would recommend ethrottle than piggyback for pick up and it is much cheaper and without warranty void concern.

Cheers,

Richard

hi Ben,

Engine flooded ... flooded with what ??  Any conclusion to the root cause

Ethrottle only increase response i.e. reduce reaction time and no increase in torque or horsepower and certainly does not increase amount of fuel allowed if that is your likely cause ..keke !

Please see how ethrottle works here with response and not having more fuel or larger opening of throttle.

Cheers,

Richard

No idea..just sharing someone's misfortune (that's what he calls it).

I am not like you la... So many gadgets to fix.....

Hi Mh23,

Haha ... wanting to learn and push it meh.

There is no destination and only the journey ... if you wish to take the journey and I do since I learnt from them which nobody can take away and not hear say.

Unfortunately, 3rd shop tried liao and they were good to try on 2 separate occasions on the turbo timer installation but failed attempt. Only remaining way is really to replace the entire immobiliser system but no local help and in russian:

This can be done with the help of data immobilizer bypass. For example here http://idatalink.com/

Or here on Russian: http://russia.idatalink.com/search/sear ... e_id=20962

Cheers,

Richard

No idea..just sharing someone's misfortune (that's what he calls it).

Hi Ben,

Noted and thanks.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi all, do u guys know what is the rate for exchanging duo points to offset the servicing fee?

Do I have to redeem voucher or can direct offset directly?

Thank you all! :)

Hi bro TY73,

i have the same sound coming from the left front side of the bonnet. will be sending my car to fix it up in my next servicing. Seriously, i cant tolerate the sound any longer. 

↡ Advertisement