Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Neutral Newbie

Hi fellow Qashqai owners,

I have a question about the car insurance, I got my Qashqai around Mar this year and this is my first car. Sometime last week I got into a minor accident; I was stationary in lane 2 trying to change to lane 3, but the lane 3 car did not want to give way so I turn back my steering wheel to travel further down the lane for a better entry. But a van on lane 1 overtook me at the same moment and brush against my front right side, we both drove to a safe spot at a pick up point to discuss. He mentioned he thought I was changin lane and did not expect me to continue down that lane. I reviewed my dash cam footage but I was not certain if I am 100% faultless. Concern about my NCD, I agreed to settle our own damages. I estimated mine to be around $300 (outside workshop).

My question is how do you judge whether to claim insurance or settle privately and do you need to be 100% faultless or risk losing your NCD. 

Sorry for the long post.

↡ Advertisement

I have a question about the car insurance, I got my Qashqai around Mar this year and this is my first car. Sometime last week I got into a minor accident; I was stationary in lane 2 trying to change to lane 3, but the lane 3 car did not want to give way so I turn back my steering wheel to travel further down the lane for a better entry. But a van on lane 1 overtook me at the same moment and brush against my front right side, we both drove to a safe spot at a pick up point to discuss. He mentioned he thought I was changin lane and did not expect me to continue down that lane. I reviewed my dash cam footage but I was not certain if I am 100% faultless. Concern about my NCD, I agreed to settle our own damages. I estimated mine to be around $300 (outside workshop).

My question is how do you judge whether to claim insurance or settle privately and do you need to be 100% faultless or risk losing your NCD. 

Sorry for the long post.

Firstly, did you make a report on this accident?

Secondly, did you and the other party decided to claim insurance or settle privately?

Sorry for the long post.

Hi Minato,

Unless clear cut rear to front collision, betta to settle privately if less thank few ks and no bodily injuries.

This 50-50 can be 20-80 or 80-20 and nobody will be interested and hence even traffix police advise the same but do ensure both parties has written agreement for settlement as cautioned by bro mh23.

Accept this a part of driving and car ownership .. for your case of 300 damage, be glad that it is not worse and get it repaired asap and continue to enjoy your ride.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi all,

I just got a 3 years old Qashqai 2.0. Understand from dealer that previous owner has a few more free servicing under NPMP. The previous owner retained his/her number plate. Thus the qashqai I got had a new number plate. Is there any way I can check with TC in regards to the history of the car? I assume one way is to call but with the different number plate, seems that it will indicate no history?

Thanks in advance and currently enjoying the ride :)

Neutral Newbie

Firstly, did you make a report on this accident?

Secondly, did you and the other party decided to claim insurance or settle privately?

Hi Bro Mh23, 

Nah, I did not make a report, I know I should have obtain a written consent to settle privately but alas I did not, in another words it was only verbal.

Hi Minato,

Unless clear cut rear to front collision, betta to settle privately if less thank few ks and no bodily injuries.

This 50-50 can be 20-80 or 80-20 and nobody will be interested and hence even traffix police advise the same but do ensure both parties has written agreement for settlement as cautioned by bro mh23.

Accept this a part of driving and car ownership .. for your case of 300 damage, be glad that it is not worse and get it repaired asap and continue to enjoy your ride.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Noted, this what I wanted to know. So regardless or 50, 80 or 20. As long as I was not deemed 100% faultless, the NCD will be gone right?

Hi Bro Mh23,

Nah, I did not make a report, I know I should have obtain a written consent to settle privately but alas I did not, in another words it was only verbal.

Hi Richard,

Noted, this what I wanted to know. So regardless or 50, 80 or 20. As long as I was not deemed 100% faultless, the NCD will be gone right?

Hi Minato,

Not totally and depends on the claimed amount ..I do not their calculation u fortunately to advise.

Btw, this ncd protection is BS one .. you need to go back to same insurer who simply slaps you with higher premium when you renew.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Bro Mh23,

Hi Richard,

Bro... even private settlement better to have black & white... you never know when the other party chu pattern...

Anyway... good luck...

Hi Bro Mh23,

Hi Richard,

Bro... even private settlement better to have black & white... you never know when the other party chu pattern...

Anyway... good luck...

Sorry for the long post.

To avoid future issues & sleep peacefully is to have a written agreement on any private settlement. You never know what or when it will come back to haunt you.....regardless whether the other party is 1% or 99.99% wrong. Some drivers can really do 'unbelievable' things to claim against you even years' later. Can assure you - some can go to the extend to cheat, lie, collaborate with lawyer/workshop, change statements....etc just to get money from your insurance company. Can write a book on my bad experiences after driving for than 30 years.....

Neutral Newbie

To avoid future issues & sleep peacefully is to have a written agreement on any private settlement. You never know what or when it will come back to haunt you.....regardless whether the other party is 1% or 99.99% wrong. Some drivers can really do 'unbelievable' things to claim against you even years' later. Can assure you - some can go to the extend to cheat, lie, collaborate with lawyer/workshop, change statements....etc just to get money from your insurance company. Can write a book on my bad experiences after driving for than 30 years.....

I see, that's sounds scary... Will remember in the future but hopefully no more!

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I just bought a used QQ, and I was informed that the warranty for QQ is 3 yrs only.

May I ask is the warranty 3 or 5 years?

Also, is there any recommend for good workshop to do servicing?

Thanks...

Hi all,

I just bought a used QQ, and I was informed that the warranty for QQ is 3 yrs only.

Thanks...

Informed by the dealer right. Then you should clarify with the dealer instead

Hi all,

Thanks...

Recently did my 40000km servicing, just under 3 years.

After checking with the workshop, the warranty and free servicing is actually not directly related.

Warranty is for 3 years, while free servicing is until 50000km.

Meaning that for me, warranty will expire soon, but will still have free servicing till 50000km.

• Praise 1

Which WS? Tan Chong?

If so, take note that you may still have to pay for wear n tear parts. This industry where got so called free servicing one?

Recently did my 40000km servicing, just under 3 years.
After checking with the workshop, the warranty and free servicing is actually not directly related.
Warranty is for 3 years, while free servicing is until 50000km.
Meaning that for me, warranty will expire soon, but will still have free servicing till 50000km.

I have sent my car recently for warranty repair to my front wheel portion and a week later I sent my car for LTA car inspection. Guess what my front wheels alignment was out by a big portion and had failed the test...Wasting my money and time. Going to make noise at tan chong workshop as it is obvious that they have not performed the wheel alignment after the repair.

Edited by Hd2004
  • Praise 1

Which branch?

I have sent my car recently for warranty repair to my front wheel portion and a week later I sent my car for LTA car inspection. Guess what my front wheels alignment was out by a big portion and had failed the test...Wasting my money and time. Going to make noise at tan chong workshop as it is obvious that they have not performed the wheel alignment after the repair.