Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Can do it on the same day. That's my experience with my recently departed Nissan. They're not pushy; fella passes you the brochure, tells you to think about it when you come back to collect/pay.

Come back to collect/pay means on the same day you do your 10,000 km servicing? The NPMP is for 2 years or 40,000 km from date of program commencement (I assume this means date you signed up), so it makes a difference whether you signed up just after the 10,000 km servicing or just before the 20,000 km servicing.

Can we wait till just before 20,000 km servicing to sign up?

↡ Advertisement

Come back to collect/pay means on the same day you do your 10,000 km servicing? The NPMP is for 2 years or 40,000 km from date of program commencement (I assume this means date you signed up), so it makes a difference whether you signed up just after the 10,000 km servicing or just before the 20,000 km servicing.

Can we wait till just before 20,000 km servicing to sign up?

Yeah you can wait, just go for your free first and don't worry bout the package.

I meant to reply to haronkr's original post to say that they won't ask you to pay/sign up for npmp in advance.

The same goes for your next cycle after your package ends. Just show up and they'll ask if you'd like a new package to kick in with that servicing if you've got none.

My personal experience is that they don't really follow the 2-year limit (because I'm incredibly recalcitrant and am a super procrastinator, I always always don't make it on time), more like number of times within the km range.

Hi Richard and bros in this forum

A few questions needing your experience and expertise

1) Electric Tailgate

--> where did you get your stock from? CO complaining non-stop whenever she needs to open the trunk

2) Aestmod 

--> can I understand that they can basically help fix up mesh + horn + boot cob lights?

3) Rear Bumper

today my rear bumper kena kissed, slight scratches (cant see any dent).

nothing major but any workshop i can go to to see if need to sand or polish? 

Thank you brothers in this forum! 

Hi Charles,

No reason to void warranty for any part of our QQ since independent and non related system.

Still pending guinea pig evaluation hopefully by this weekend cos of delayed shipment and sgd1k+ expected

Bought and installed the www.che1.com one and working in one bro's ride liao but opening is reduced quite significantly and hence trying this 2nd alternative.

Cheers.

Richard

hi Kstoh

noted on unfolding when start engine. 

when does it folds? when door locked or when engine ceased? 

will be adding this on my next servicing  [laugh]

For 2, if you are referring to the side mirror auto-folding when locking the car, my SE (and many others) gave this FOC when we bought the car. However, the mirror does not unfold when you unlock the car. Unfolds only when you start the engine.

Hi Charles,

No reason to void warranty for any part of our QQ since independent and non related system.

Still pending guinea pig evaluation hopefully by this weekend cos of delayed shipment and sgd1k+ expected

Bought and installed the www.che1.com one and working in one bro's ride liao but opening is reduced quite significantly and hence trying this 2nd alternative.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi dash1234,

I would never mixed water unless distilled ones cos not only anti freeze but rust preventive that nornal water does not provide.

I will also never mix mineral engine oil with synthetic oil unless emergency and will change out asap.

Cheers.

Richard

thanks Rich,

the reduced in open position may be due to the parts are for x-t. wait for you to try the 2nd Gen n c how....hehehe

Hi Richard and bros in this forum

A few questions needing your experience and expertise

1) Electric Tailgate

--> where did you get your stock from? CO complaining non-stop whenever she needs to open the trunk

2) Aestmod 

--> can I understand that they can basically help fix up mesh + horn + boot cob lights?

3) Rear Bumper

today my rear bumper kena kissed, slight scratches (cant see any dent).

nothing major but any workshop i can go to to see if need to sand or polish? 

Thank you brothers in this forum! 

Hi Junguang5,

1) 1st unit with reduce height from www.che1.com.  2nd unit still pending receipt and installation ...hopefully this weekend.  Let's await if ok since lobang from whatsapp bro and not mine but I had the opportunity to be guinea pig.

2) Mesh and horn for sure but not boot cob lights which they dun have ... only led.  Get cob light from taobao and bring there to fix would be my recommendation. Yes, cob light is preferred since not glaring and much more uniform lighting with good coverage .... do both sides of 1 or 1.5 ft.

3) Hard to repair plastic .... there are plastic polishing gel but finishing will be obviously different when sanded or polished but perhaps those blackening polish may help a little if you do so for the entire bumper but need to maintain continuous thereafter e.g. armor plastic dresser.  Unfortunately once damaged, such plastic is almost impossible to be repair .... you may want to considering spray painting but need to get all black parts done which would be say sgd300-400 or simply leave it alone if not obvious.  Hope someone found better advice than mine.

Cheers,

Richard

thanks Rich,

the reduced in open position may be due to the parts are for x-t. wait for you to try the 2nd Gen n c how....hehehe

Hi Charles,

No man ... I was in contact with www.che1.com for 6 months before they released this newer 2nd gen version specifically for qashqai cos 1st gen is noisy like what some vezel owners complained.  It is just their design but there is some limitation of our qashqai on the chassis which is too difficult to explain in words or photos until you see it yourself.

Indeed hope the alternative source (not existing 2nd gen from www.che1.com already tried ) works better and frankly I also dun know who is the manufacturer from the local distro here.

Cheers,

Richard

hi Kstoh

noted on unfolding when start engine. 

when does it folds? when door locked or when engine ceased? 

will be adding this on my next servicing  [laugh]

not sure why bro Kstoh works differently from mine.

Mine was also installed FOC before i collect my car. Mirrors auto fold when locking car, and unfold when unlocking. Nothing to do with engine. Thus, I've become accustomed to the folding/unfolding state to tell me if I have locked the car or not.

• Praise 1

Yes!... My COE secured. 1st bid.

Hey smikel,

Congras !!!!

Richard

Mine was also installed FOC before i collect my car. Mirrors auto fold when locking car, and unfold when unlocking. Nothing to do with engine. Thus, I've become accustomed to the folding/unfolding state to tell me if I have locked the car or not.

Hi Tinydot,

Believe your SE got it from different and outside installer .... you are luckier.  I had to spent another SGD60-70 to changed to the duplex one cos TC advise cannot rewired the simplex one at SGD85 *angry face*

Cheers,

Richard

Anyone knows if TC can do 1. door auto lock when brake depressed 2. auto mirror fold/unfold

Hi Denny,

It is a no and yes.

OBD module for autolock or steelmate 833iic for non-prefer brake locking but with added alarm without using obd.

Auto mirror please request for duplex one that opens with unlock doors and not simplex one that opens only when engine start cos there will be times when you dun start engine and loses the added visual aid from a distant if doors are locked.

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

My mod lists.... hehehe.

A List - ASAP    
A1    Replace with dual tone horn
A2    Replace with Hawk HPS brake pad
A3    Replace internal lights with LED
A4    Retractable boot cover

B List - Can wait    
B1    Electric tailgate
B2    Hood damper
B3    Spray rims to gun powder color
B4    CAN-BUS tool
B5    Auto dim rear view mirror
B6    3A dual color mat
B7    Windows Visors
B8    Spare tyre

C List - Spoil then replace    
C1    LED headlights
C2    HU

Edited by smikel

My mod lists.... hehehe.

A List - ASAP    

A1    Replace with dual tone horn

A2    Replace with Hawk HPS brake pad

A3    Replace internal lights with LED

A4    Retractable boot cover

B List - Can wait    

B1    Electric tailgate

B2    Hood damper

B3    Spray rims to gun powder color

B4    CAN-BUS tool

B5    Auto dim rear view mirror

B6    3A dual color mat

B7    Windows Visors

B8    Spare tyre

C List - Spoil then replace    

C1    LED headlights

C2    HU

I think that i have done 75% of your poison.....

• Praise 1

Hi Junguang5,

1) 1st unit with reduce height from www.che1.com. 2nd unit still pending receipt and installation ...hopefully this weekend. Let's await if ok since lobang from whatsapp bro and not mine but I had the opportunity to be guinea pig.

2) Mesh and horn for sure but not boot cob lights which they dun have ... only led. Get cob light from taobao and bring there to fix would be my recommendation. Yes, cob light is preferred since not glaring and much more uniform lighting with good coverage .... do both sides of 1 or 1.5 ft.

3) Hard to repair plastic .... there are plastic polishing gel but finishing will be obviously different when sanded or polished but perhaps those blackening polish may help a little if you do so for the entire bumper but need to maintain continuous thereafter e.g. armor plastic dresser. Unfortunately once damaged, such plastic is almost impossible to be repair .... you may want to considering spray painting but need to get all black parts done which would be say sgd300-400 or simply leave it alone if not obvious. Hope someone found better advice than mine.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Charles,

No man ... I was in contact with www.che1.com for 6 months before they released this newer 2nd gen version specifically for qashqai cos 1st gen is noisy like what some vezel owners complained. It is just their design but there is some limitation of our qashqai on the chassis which is too difficult to explain in words or photos until you see it yourself.

Indeed hope the alternative source (not existing 2nd gen from www.che1.com already tried ) works better and frankly I also dun know who is the manufacturer from the local distro here.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi bro Ricard

Thanks for advice.

Just realised the rear kissing seems to whack my reverse sensor. Do u happen t know if Aestmod can replace a set too?

Hi bro Richard

Thanks for advice.

Just realised the rear kissing seems to whack my reverse sensor. Do u happen t know if Aestmod can replace a set too?

Jungguang5,

Sorry to hear and believe some especially ours is black and no spray painting needed.

Please call ah boon at +6592408754 to confirm.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Jungguang5,

Sorry to hear and believe some especially ours is black and no spray painting needed.

Please call ah boon at +6592408754 to confirm.

Cheers.

Richard

Thanks,spoke to ah boon and will get it fixed tmr or fri.

Appreciate all ur advice :)

Noted, definitely agree w u that it acts as a double check for us whether car locked or not

Getting pretty forgetful nowadays...

The radio/GPS uses the GPS timing. So no GPS signal = inaccurate time. The dashboard uses it own timing device but sync with the radio.

GPS timing is more precise than dashboard.

There is an option to use only the dashboard clock in the Menu -> Clock

@Chao5

Ahh... l see. Many thanks for the info bro.

↡ Advertisement