Nissan QashQai 2014 Part 2

RadX

Ah. My wife drove a k12 March which reached EOL. Admittedly the late edition k12 had quite a lot going for it in its entry-level class at that time.

She actually liked the Juke (as did I); the quirky looks made it seem like a spiritual successor. But alas, the features she loved weren't present in that. Pretty silly to have keyless entry but need key to start. Two different SEs actually strongly recommended against it. We told ourselves we should go check out the CX-3 that Sunday, after testing the QQ the day before... Haha we never made it down the road in Ubi.

It's madness to have 2 cars in the household anymore so she gets it since she picks the kid up. She's probably gonna deck it in hello kitty stuff, sigh. If you see one like that, well, you know it's hers.

• Praise 1

I went through the past threads and have ordered the obd auto lock after driving off module since she's keen on that. Next should be the auto fold mirrors upon locking, that seems convenient. I'll talk to her about the ethrottle but I suspect that might be wasted.

She did ask me two questions after driving today. Like "what in the world is the manual mode for, so annoying". Got stuck in a lowish gear and couldn't figure out why the car was at a low growl.

And when does the auto rain sensor kick in for t he wipers (drizzled this morning). I checked the settings and Drip wipers is ticked.

Seems to me your SD card is corrupted. If card is fine, then the Galactio software should load but show a screen "No valid device license found. Please download the licence file from www.galactio.com".

When you contact TC/Galactio, can you check with them whether we can do a legitimate backup of the sd card? The supplied microSD is a puny unknown brand card. It sometimes will not load properly and seems likely to fail soon. I just want a backup. Backing up to a new microSD has failed, with the above message displaying. The GPS software is somehow tied to the card serial number.

Not sure if it's helpful but my old Garmin was super finicky with the micro SD. Couldn't simply use another to transfer/backup. Will just refuse to acknowledge the card was in the slot. The days when there was no such thing as unlimited maps and auto updates...

Anyway I remember purposely looking for a 4gb model (something about only an older type will do, compatibility with reader/format) and also mucking around when formatting the new card. I don't quite recall which one worked or didn't, had to trial and error between NTFS, EX FAT and FAT32. Maybe you can play around?

Ah. My wife drove a k12 March which reached EOL. Admittedly the late edition k12 had quite a lot going for it in its entry-level class at that time.

She actually liked the Juke (as did I); the quirky looks made it seem like a spiritual successor. But alas, the features she loved weren't present in that. Pretty silly to have keyless entry but need key to start. Two different SEs actually strongly recommended against it. We told ourselves we should go check out the CX-3 that Sunday, after testing the QQ the day before... Haha we never made it down the road in Ubi.

It's madness to have 2 cars in the household anymore so she gets it since she picks the kid up. She's probably gonna deck it in hello kitty stuff, sigh. If you see one like that, well, you know it's hers.

Pretty silly to have keyless entry but need key to start. 

Hi Eapeia,

Probably too late but hope benefit others with similar concern .... this can be easily fixed with aftermarket push-start button add on for sgd50 include installation.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R5.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xpush+start+button.TRS0&_nkw=push+button+starter+switch&_sacat=0

Cheers,

Richard

[;)]

Pretty silly to have keyless entry but need key to start. 

Hi Eapeia,

Probably too late but hope benefit others with similar concern .... this can be easily fixed with aftermarket push-start button add on for sgd50 include installation.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R5.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xpush+start+button.TRS0&_nkw=push+button+starter+switch&_sacat=0

Cheers,

Richard

It's the first time I'm seeing this. You really know a lot about these accessories.

Looking at the description, this still requires the key in the ignition.

She's used to leaving the key in her handbag or in the pockets.

When grappling with kids or plastic bags, it's really much more convenient to not have to dig for the actual key.

• Praise 1

[;)]

It's the first time I'm seeing this. You really know a lot about these accessories.

When grappling with kids or plastic bags, it's really much more convenient to not have to dig for the actual key.

There's a few type of push start. Some in the link are just additional button but some are replacement. The push start depending on how the system in Juke is. If Juke has an immobiliser which requires the key to be in the key hole you can install module to bypass the immobilier. Another simpler way is to remove the immobiliser chip from your key and place it somewhere near the key hole and install the push start button replacement. Many ways it can be done must depend on Juke's system. 

Edited by Tazzi80
  • Praise 1

Hi Eapeia,

Ethrottle which is user settable for desired response is almost mandatory w.r.t. safe driving for this lack of response if you are a spirited driver or even for casual driver since you will never know what you need that extra push. Not unusual and likened to be like the old sunny 1.6L cvt .... cheers,

Richard

Hi Steve,

Dun think your new FOC battery carries another one year warranty ... at least not typical and dun be disappointed if not.

Wish so though cos I also changed out my battery after 1st 10 months.

Cheers,

Richard

I think it is covered by warranty, as stated on the service slip.

post-165460-0-27329200-1478056831_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Not sure if it's helpful but my old Garmin was super finicky with the micro SD. Couldn't simply use another to transfer/backup. Will just refuse to acknowledge the card was in the slot. The days when there was no such thing as unlimited maps and auto updates...

Anyway I remember purposely looking for a 4gb model (something about only an older type will do, compatibility with reader/format) and also mucking around when formatting the new card. I don't quite recall which one worked or didn't, had to trial and error between NTFS, EX FAT and FAT32. Maybe you can play around?

Very old Garmin and other devices had the problem of being unable to accept higher capacity cards. This is no longer a problem with most devices these days. The Galactio device accepts the 16GB card without any issue. GPS software runs. The problem is that the software is licenced and "tied" to the card ID of the specific puny 4GB microSD that is supplied.

Not sure about the other features, but I believe the auto-fold side mirror when locking (unless you want something different) is normally thrown in as a freebie. 

Hi guys

i just wanted to share that i saw a post on this forums on the grilles that is sold by zunsport.

i bought it and it fits very nicely.

https://www.zunsport.com/en/nissan-grilles/nissan-qashqai-2.0-diesel-without-parking-sensors-lower-grille?filter=272

Pic attached on my artic white QQ1.2

Another pic attached on where the four screws go into. 

Because i bought the product from zunsport, they sent me a membership card.

15% if you enter my member card number at check out "1006 33181" as referral bonus.

post-120695-0-94695200-1478057932_thumb.png

post-120695-0-25108000-1478057947_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Very old Garmin and other devices had the problem of being unable to accept higher capacity cards. This is no longer a problem with most devices these days. The Galactio device accepts the 16GB card without any issue. GPS software runs. The problem is that the software is licenced and "tied" to the card ID of the specific puny 4GB microSD that is supplied.

Not sure about the other features, but I believe the auto-fold side mirror when locking (unless you want something different) is normally thrown in as a freebie. 

Ahh ... if it's the card ID, can easily re-map/rename the new one to follow the old one. There are free software to do just that.

I ... didn't know the auto-fold when locking is normally thrown in as a freebie. Aiyoooo

Just gotten my 1.2T over the weekend, glad to join the gang  [:p] .

Was told by my SE during collection that the HU SD card cannot take out, once taken will need password to re-enable SW. I would like to backup a copy of my SW, so is there any senior who happen to know the PW /code for the stock HU? Very grateful if you can PM me if you do.

[:)]

I think it is covered by warranty, as stated on the service slip.

attachicon.gifDSC_3459.JPG

Hi Steve,

Noted and tks.

Very generous of TC and certainly no complain although dun make sense ... guess TC messed up to our benefit this time. Another failure say 11 mths later will become almost 3 yrs FOC replacmement warranty then ...haha !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Eapeia,

Ahh ... if it's the card ID, can easily re-map/rename the new one to follow the old one. There are free software to do just that.

May I know what is this free software that can rename SD card. 

Hi QQ2016,

Was told by my SE during collection that the HU SD card cannot take out, once taken will need password to re-enable SW.

The SD card can definitely be removed after proper HU shutdown. SE real intentions very doubtful. 

Have a nice day [:p] [:p]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Steve,

Noted and tks.

Very generous of TC and certainly no complain although dun make sense ... guess TC messed up to our benefit this time. Another failure say 11 mths later will become almost 3 yrs FOC replacmement warranty then ...haha !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi,

The battery renewal clause states 1 year or 20,000km whichever is earlier from Sales date.

My guess is the Sales date is the date you get your car, so this battery warranty still takes your old batt

warranty, and not reset.  Hence, when the first year mark passed, and you need to change, then you will

have to pay some money liao...

• Praise 1

And when does the auto rain sensor kick in for t he wipers (drizzled this morning). I checked the settings and Drip wipers is ticked.

If I'm not wrong, the auto wipers works when it detects rain (obviously) and wiper speed will depend on how heavy is the rain AND your vehicle speed. So, heavy rain, faster wiper speed. Car travelling fast also faster wiper speed. Stationary and mild rain (drizzling), may not trigger wiper. That's what I used to experience in my old car, believe should be the same.

• Praise 1

[;)]

hi Eapeia,

You can look at this solution available in Singapore that specifically resolve your mentioned concern.

Cheers,

Richard

↡ Advertisement