Nissan Pulsar

Kia7200

I went to Tat Wah Battery Service in Sin Ming today to change the 2 remaining stock tyres. I got Dunlop 225/45R17 at $140 ea. The original size of 205/55R17 they have but cost $165. Boss said the higher cost may be because the stock is slow moving.

I didn't know the shop prior and was just driving around looking for a tyre shop. The boss, Eric seemed honest and reliable. I didn't haggle with him coz I posted before, I changed 2 of my tyres earlier at $180 each at another shop. They balanced all 4 tyres (I bought 2), washed my rims, and rotated them at no extra cost.

I asked if he has Start/Stop batteries for the Pulsar. He quoted $250 for the same spec. (I don't know if it is comparable outside or at Tan Chong. Just for reference.)

↡ Advertisement

On 12/31/2019 at 6:09 PM, Pulsar97 said:

The aircon on the passenger side is not cold. Would have to send it in soon.

mine too! "fixed" once, problem came back after a few rides. yet to go in and fix it again.

Same problem, I just got it fixed. Was told it was alternator problem

On 1/2/2020 at 9:31 PM, alpharome said:

mine too! "fixed" once, problem came back after a few rides. yet to go in and fix it again.

Such a hassle to have to return. Where did u go to fix the issue?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum. My Plusar’s head unit (2.5 years) just died and TC indicated motherboard problem and was quoted estimated price to repair/replace of $350 before gst. Has anyone of you changed the unit to a Pioneer or Sony? Any advice on the price range?

On 1/4/2020 at 1:45 PM, yoyo2020 said:

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum. My Plusar’s head unit (2.5 years) just died and TC indicated motherboard problem and was quoted estimated price to repair/replace of $350 before gst. Has anyone of you changed the unit to a Pioneer or Sony? Any advice on the price range?

No warranty?

Mine same. I got them to replace the ac filter (need to purchase)... Alls good. So far after >10k ac still cold

On 11/30/2019 at 6:57 PM, crapcrusader said:

I went to Tat Wah Battery Service in Sin Ming today to change the 2 remaining stock tyres. I got Dunlop 225/45R17 at $140 ea. The original size of 205/55R17 they have but cost $165. Boss said the higher cost may be because the stock is slow moving.

Any reduction in power after changing to broader tyres?

15 hours ago, ecneret_eel said:

did anyone receive a letter from Tan Chong, to bring back for service for ECM or something? seems like they need to do a refresh of sorts..

yes i got it too, not sure if related to engine stall at slope, and engine idling at 1k rpm.

Sorry for the late reply. I won't know, if any, it would be minimal. But my fuel consumption has been the same, and I don't think I changed the way I drive.

Wet weather handling has improved though.

Just my personal opinion.

On 2/12/2020 at 8:48 AM, Vinceng said:

Any reduction in power after changing to broader tyres?

Neutral Newbie
On 6/12/2020 at 10:59 PM, ecneret_eel said:

did anyone receive a letter from Tan Chong, to bring back for service for ECM or something? seems like they need to do a refresh of sorts..

May I know what is the year of registration of your vehicle? I just moved house and didn’t update my address with TC.

On 6/19/2020 at 3:11 PM, yoyo2020 said:

May I know what is the year of registration of your vehicle? I just moved house and didn’t update my address with TC.

hey there, mine was around August 2017.

i brought mine back already, done in less than half a day, not sure if i’m imaging things but now when i “zua” i no longer smell a burning smell in the cabin..

you didn’t receive the letter but i’d suggest you still bring it back, they didn’t need to see my letter

they sold so few pulsars, we probably have the same batch so just go right down and get it sorted out 

↡ Advertisement