7-Seater MPV

Victor68

it would be nice if car stats can give us space volume measurement for the interior of each MPV. That will give us an idea how spacious one model is, compared to another.

Best to try out at showroom. Going to bring measuring tape tomorrow also. Heheh
↡ Advertisement

Quietly VW Singapore debuted a new 7-seater MPV - Caddy/Caddy Maxi.

http://www.volkswagen.com.sg/en/models/caddy/versions.s9_trimlevel_detail.suffix.html/caddy~2Fcaddy-maxi.html#/tab=e5405c4fa09b37d2c77a0b2839b28ae6

http://www.volkswagen-commercial.com.au/en/models/caddy/highlights.html#/hl=cat5

I am intrigue by the Maxi version, wheel base of 3.006m and > 4.8m long,. And it would be much cheaper than Sharan with comparable interior space if it is serious in moving the units. Unfortunately the 7-speed DSG would dampen a lot of interests on the ride.

http://www.volkswagen.com.sg/en/models/caddy/versions.s9_trimlevel_detail.suffix.html/caddy~2Fcaddy-maxi.html#/tab=e5405c4fa09b37d2c77a0b2839b28ae6

http://www.volkswagen-commercial.com.au/en/models/caddy/highlights.html#/hl=cat5

I am intrigue by the Maxi version, wheel base of 3.006m and > 4.8m long,. And it would be much cheaper than Sharan with comparable interior space if it is serious in moving the units. Unfortunately the 7-speed DSG would dampen a lot of interests on the ride.

Caddy is basically a 7 seater panel van, much like the Mercs Citan, Fiat Doblo, Peugeot Partner, Citroen Berlingo, Opel Combo and such.

Mercedes-Citan-7-seat-van.jpg

fiat_new_doblo_exterior1.png?d74fad

peugeot_partner_tepee_exterior1.jpg

citroen-berlingo-multispace.jpg

2012-Opel-Combo-1-600x418.jpg

• Praise 5

This is the facelift Estima. I look left, right, up, down, in & out, but can't really find new / useful feature. Really hope it come WITHOUT the bulky B-pillar... [:p]

028_o.jpg029_o.jpg037_o.jpg020_o.jpg011_o.jpg019_o.jpg044_o.jpg045_o.jpg047_o.jpg048_o.jpg050_o.jpg

• Praise 9

New facelift estima ? seems like decent spec 7-seaters. but no electric seats ? hopefully they don't take out useful functions like auto tailgate and stuffs.

Caddy is basically a 7 seater panel van, much like the Mercs Citan, Fiat Doblo, Peugeot Partner, Citroen Berlingo, Opel Combo and such.

Looks wise, it's not exactly nice since it's a commercial vehicle after all but I think 1 major plus point it has is that the third row is higher than most mid MPVs so it has thigh support and proper seating in place unlike mid MPVs with their almost sitting on the floor arrangement right?

• Praise 4

The last photo looks very AV model type shot le.

Yup that struck me too and what's that in the 4th pic that she is holding too on the dashboard? A syringe?

Looks wise, it's not exactly nice since it's a commercial vehicle after all but I think 1 major plus point it has is that the third row is higher than most mid MPVs so it has thigh support and proper seating in place unlike mid MPVs with their almost sitting on the floor arrangement right?

Sitting position is good with such commercial van type of MPV, good leg and shoulder space too. But don't expect passenger vehicle kind of built quality and noise insulation, and also equipment level shall be bare basic (e.g. no electric tailgate or sliding doors, electric front seat, etc.). Expect what you would expect from a van, that it.

If we were to compare it (Caddy) with the Mobilio, dollar for dollar, Caddy win big on space...

The last photo looks very AV model type shot le.

Shh... before mod see it and lock this thread. They have already lock my thread on such car Alternate Way of Automotive Review & Evaluation few days ago... [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 7

Yup that struck me too and what's that in the 4th pic that she is holding too on the dashboard? A syringe?

She wants us to bend over so she can give an enema.

It's Toyota's way of getting people to buy a 10-yr old model

• Praise 1

She hugs the B-pillar,no?

I am actually wondering how she sit in that position? [confused]

A oversize toy syringe to match her doctor outfit...

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 5

Price looks decent if compare to car like Toyota Noah. More for those very practical ppl or those doing small home business?

Supercharged

Looks wise, it's not exactly nice since it's a commercial vehicle after all but I think 1 major plus point it has is that the third row is higher than most mid MPVs so it has thigh support and proper seating in place unlike mid MPVs with their almost sitting on the floor arrangement right?

The last row, can only fold down the back rest. Not much space for goods.

If really want space, remove the bench completely and keep at home.

I went to see Caddy. But ended up test drive Touran. :D

• Praise 1

Price looks decent if compare to car like Toyota Noah. More for those very practical ppl or those doing small home business?

At $127,900, really cheap for the amount of metal. I am very tempted because it is much longer than standard panel van length. It is actually as roomy as Sharan on paper, much bigger than the Touran which is mid-size MPV.

Dimension wise, it is also comparable to the minivans from Japan such as binate, the triplets, stepwagn, serena, etc. I would expect it to be very roomy.

Features wise really can't complain, the list is damn long:

Interior  
  • 'Climatronic' air conditioning system with 2-zone temperature control
  • Alcantara' leather upholstery
  • Height adjustable front seats
  • Lumbar support adjustment for front seats
  • Front centre armrest with storage box
  • Cruise control system
  • Multi-function display 'Plus'
  • Leather-covered 3-spoke steering wheel
  • Multi function controls on steering wheel
  • Leather gearshift knob
  • 'Composition Media' radio with 6.33” touch screen display, Bluetooth connectivity, CD player and SD memory card slot, 6 speakers
  • AUX-IN multimedia socket
  • 2 reading lights in front and rear
  • Folding tables on back of front seats
  • Glove compartment with lockable lid
  • Removable individual second and third row seats
  • Overhead storage compartments
  • Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors
  • Removable luggage compartment cover
  • 12-volt sockets in centre console, front centre armrest and luggage compartment
Exterior  
  • Alloy wheels, 6.0J x 17", tyres 205/50 R17
  • Automatic headlight activation, with 'Leaving Home' and 'Coming Home' functions
  • Side and rear windows in heat-insulating glass
  • Electrically foldable, adjustable and heated exterior mirrors
  • Silver anodised roof rails
  • LED licence plate lighting
  • Bi-xenon headlamps cornering lights, separate LED daytime running lights
Safety  
  • Airbags for driver and front passenger with front passenger airbag deactivation, driver's knee airbag
  • Curtain airbag system for front and rear passengers including side airbags at the front
  • Electronic Stabilisation Programme (ESP)
  • ISOFIX child seat mounting points
  • 3-point seat belts for all occupants, with height adjustment in front
  • Removable front and second row seats
  • Front seat belt reminder warning signal and light
  • Remote controlled central locking with two folding keys
  • Front and rear disc brakes, ventilated in front
  • Electronic vehicle immobiliser
  • Rear view camera
  • Electromechanical speed-sensitive power steering
  • Rain sensor
  • Reverse sensors
  • Automatic dimming interior mirror
  • Front fog lamps

It has support of AD, but its 7-speed DSG would be its weakest link. Too bad.

• Praise 2

At $127,900, really cheap for the amount of metal. I am very tempted because it is much longer than standard panel van length. It is actually as roomy as Sharan on paper, much bigger than the Touran which is mid-size MPV.

Dimension wise, it is also comparable to the minivans from Japan such as binate, the triplets, stepwagn, serena, etc. I would expect it to be very roomy.

Features wise really can't complain, the list is damn long:

Interior  
  • 'Climatronic' air conditioning system with 2-zone temperature control
  • Alcantara' leather upholstery
  • Height adjustable front seats
  • Lumbar support adjustment for front seats
  • Front centre armrest with storage box
  • Cruise control system
  • Multi-function display 'Plus'
  • Leather-covered 3-spoke steering wheel
  • Multi function controls on steering wheel
  • Leather gearshift knob
  • 'Composition Media' radio with 6.33” touch screen display, Bluetooth connectivity, CD player and SD memory card slot, 6 speakers
  • AUX-IN multimedia socket
  • 2 reading lights in front and rear
  • Glove compartment with lockable lid
  • Removable individual second and third row seats
  • Overhead storage compartments
  • Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors
  • Removable luggage compartment cover
  • 12-volt sockets in centre console, front centre armrest and luggage compartment
Exterior  
  • Alloy wheels, 6.0J x 17", tyres 205/50 R17
  • Automatic headlight activation, with 'Leaving Home' and 'Coming Home' functions
  • Side and rear windows in heat-insulating glass
  • Electrically foldable, adjustable and heated exterior mirrors
  • Silver anodised roof rails
  • LED licence plate lighting
  • Bi-xenon headlamps cornering lights, separate LED daytime running lights
Safety  
  • Airbags for driver and front passenger with front passenger airbag deactivation, driver's knee airbag
  • Curtain airbag system for front and rear passengers including side airbags at the front
  • Electronic Stabilisation Programme (ESP)
  • ISOFIX child seat mounting points
  • 3-point seat belts for all occupants, with height adjustment in front
  • Removable front and second row seats
  • Front seat belt reminder warning signal and light
  • Remote controlled central locking with two folding keys
  • Front and rear disc brakes, ventilated in front
  • Electronic vehicle immobiliser
  • Rear view camera
  • Electromechanical speed-sensitive power steering
  • Rain sensor
  • Reverse sensors
  • Automatic dimming interior mirror
  • Front fog lamps

It has support of AD, but its 7-speed DSG would be its weakest link. Too bad.

wow....specs quite good comparatively with that price

interior space wise - definitely roomier than Sharan and those mpvs u listed

not surprise if it will sell well, agree DSG weakest link.

New facelift estima ? seems like decent spec 7-seaters. but no electric seats ? hopefully they don't take out useful functions like auto tailgate and stuffs.

The red facelifted estima shown is the low spec (but has cruise control), manual driver seat, manual folding rear 3rd row seats, manual rear aircon

Still the Original first version Estima G specs >10 yrs ago better

- came with Auto tailgate, auto power folding rear seat

- electric driver seat

- cruise control

- all round sonar sensor

- full multifunction odometer/trip meter/fuel consumption

- digital push button rear aircon control

- cruise control

- wooden console box

But this facelift look like hase DRL (daytime running light) and hopefully comes with FULL LED headlights (instead of the xenon/hid). The radiodvd/gps looks super wide....possibly SG version still converted to usual 7inch/double din

Edited by alphard96

Any idea what will the OMV be like?

Seems like a good deal. Feature wise more than citan. No comments on gear box.

↡ Advertisement