SG Underwater By 2100 Affecting 745,000 Singaporean

Maxus-MIFA9

Hmmmmm............. in the year 2100, Singapore will have underwater-sub MRT ... :chilling:

Yahoo : Climate change could force 745,000 Singaporeans underwater

Rising sea levels could have disastrous effects on coastal cities around the world, including Singapore, according to results published by Climate Central.

The report detailed the implications of different global warming scenarios of 1.5, 2, 3 and 4 degrees Celsius by 2100, and found that carbon emissions causing 4C of warming a business-as-usual scenario could cause Singapores median local sea level to rise 9.5 metres, submerging the homes of 745,000 Singaporeans. This number is based on the 2010 population figure of 4.68 million.

Even if carbon emissions were cut, resulting in the proposed international target of 2C warming, there would still be 101,000 Singaporeans affected, with the median local sea level projected to rise 5.1 metres.

China, the worlds leading carbon emitter, leads the world in coastal risk, with 145 million people threatened by rising seas if emission levels are not reduced.

Global megacities with the top-10 largest threatened populations include Shanghai, Hong Kong, Calcutta, Mumbai, Dhaka, Jakarta, and Hanoi.

more stories, link : https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/climate-change-could-force-745-000-singaporeans-underwater-053221746--sector.html

Map showing which areas in Singapore at at risk from global warming (in light blue)

post-21853-0-07308100-1447076198.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Remind me of HK, Ocean Park ....

Took the train to the hilltop and during the journey, the train rooftop was showing underwater sceneries. With sharks, string ray, .... etc...

:grin:  :grin:

What is 745k of ppl when Singapore by then get sink by its 20 million residents on its tiny island?  [furious]  [furious]

Edited by L23
  • Praise 2

What is 745k of ppl when Singapore by then get sink by its 20 million residents on its tiny island? [furious][furious]

U think those new citizens will still be ard come that day?.. Once it starts.. It's Juz me and u who call this home left pal...

• Praise 6

No scared lah. Singapore will just built a dome to shield itself from the sun and from the rising water. The new Atlantis. For those mermaids wannabes it's a wish come true. And for those who wanna bang mermaids it's a fantasy cum true. :chilling:

• Praise 1

U think those new citizens will still be ard come that day?.. Once it starts.. It's Juz me and u  Jus our grandchildren who call this home left pal...

Change for you.. :XD:

• Praise 1

U think those new citizens will still be ard come that day?.. Once it starts.. It's Juz me and u who call this home left pal...

I think left u la.. 

I will be waiting for you downstair by then..  [wave]  [wave]

Edited by L23

Umm...now I know why Central areas like Bukit Timah, Bishan, AMK, Toa Payoh is expensive. [grin]

Thats why i said already, my favorite condo is The Peak, high up bukit chandu.....heeheee

i am researching on mutating and multiplying the Earth's soil so that the Earth can grow by 200%,population density will be drastically decreased,ans the ozone hole relative to the Earth's size will be greatly reduced.

also i am looking into the possibility of pushing the Earth's orpit orbit 1 million kilometers further away from the Sun,so that temperature of Earth will be much favorable for survival,and the Arctic ice stop melting. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Hmmmmm............. in the year 2100, Singapore will have underwater-sub MRT ... :chilling:

Yahoo : Climate change could force 745,000 Singaporeans underwater

Rising sea levels could have disastrous effects on coastal cities around the world, including Singapore, according to results published by Climate Central.

The report detailed the implications of different global warming scenarios of 1.5, 2, 3 and 4 degrees Celsius by 2100, and found that carbon emissions causing 4C of warming a business-as-usual scenario could cause Singapores median local sea level to rise 9.5 metres, submerging the homes of 745,000 Singaporeans. This number is based on the 2010 population figure of 4.68 million.

Even if carbon emissions were cut, resulting in the proposed international target of 2C warming, there would still be 101,000 Singaporeans affected, with the median local sea level projected to rise 5.1 metres.

China, the worlds leading carbon emitter, leads the world in coastal risk, with 145 million people threatened by rising seas if emission levels are not reduced.

Global megacities with the top-10 largest threatened populations include Shanghai, Hong Kong, Calcutta, Mumbai, Dhaka, Jakarta, and Hanoi.

more stories, link : https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/climate-change-could-force-745-000-singaporeans-underwater-053221746--sector.html

Map showing which areas in Singapore at at risk from global warming (in light blue)

Probably need sea planes for Changi Sea/airport in the future. Since it's in definitely going to be inundated by sea.

be-200.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2